Graphics Cards related queries here.

official

In the zone
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Guys i own a 8800gt which i bought in 2007 end ,it ran almost all games at 1440x900.. untill GTA4... well it sucked. So i am planning to get a new graphics card. I already hav a CM500 psu with one 6-pin molex power connector.
I am also planning to upgrade my cpu&mobo. Plz suggest me a good gfx so that i can play all pc games at decent settings, and i am a dedicated pc gamer....
My rig is-
Athlon x2 2.2 ghz
Zebronics mcp61 mobo
2 gb transcend
CM500 psu
I am planning for a change by this fall 09.
I hav total budget of 40k inr.

All types of suggestions are welcome:)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

just wait another 10 days and grab DX11 40nm GPU HD5850 from ATI. should cost inside 10k.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666

just wait another 10 days and grab DX11 40nm GPU HD5850 from ATI. should cost inside 10k.

well i heard it was $299 for 5850 & $399 for 5870 , well approx prices are not given for INDIA well 5850 launching price if it is 10K means then it ll be cool , 1200 stream processors gr8

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

afaik, it's 200$ and 300$. Anyways, let's just wait and see if that shakes up the pricing of other cards too.

fatalcore

Journeyman

Hi everyone,
Can you just turn down the fan using the Nvidia software in GPU cooling? It is a bit terribly loud and would like to turn it down a bit. I have the latest Nvidia control panel Just want to make my desktop quiet. My CPU fan and the SMPS fan is not making a single noise, but the GPU's sound is very irritating.
What should i do?Please help.
thanks
regards,
Fatalcore.
*Same problem is with my Brothers GPU too, he uses XFX 9500GT.Please help.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

HERE YOU GO...YOU BAD BOYS: :) :)

**********WARNING***********
THERE COULD BE SPECULATION HERE
**********WARNING***********

*www.brightsideofnews.com/data/2009_4_24/ATI-Radeon-5870-and-5870X2-specs-trickle-out/ATI_5870Specs_550.jpg

And here is the article for reference...!

Respective Translations would be:

Chiptakt : Core clock
speichertakt : Memory Clock
rechenleistung: computational power
texelfullrate: texture fill rate
texelfullrate: pixel rate
speicherbandbreite: memory bandwidth

Now what to watch out for:
1. Power consumption.
2. Gaming benchmarks.
3. Prices (of courses) : New Parts vs Legacy parts (read 4XXX series)
4. nVidia GT3XXX series release

Enjoy...!

Lets see what happens, when they trickle down to India.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Hi everyone,
Can you just turn down the fan using the Nvidia software in GPU cooling? It is a bit terribly loud and would like to turn it down a bit. I have the latest Nvidia control panel Just want to make my desktop quiet. My CPU fan and the SMPS fan is not making a single noise, but the GPU's sound is very irritating.
What should i do?Please help.
thanks
regards,
Fatalcore.
*Same problem is with my Brothers GPU too, he uses XFX 9500GT.Please help.

You could give RivaTuner a try. It is good for fan control/OC/GPU monitoring and has profile settings.

Though do not immediately lower the fan settings --- it could be that your chips are running hot. Monitor the temperatures...?

BlkRb0t

Broken In

*www.chip.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=50526#p453757Is ATI HD3850 AGP card still available in market?

I need to get a Graphics Card for my old system. The motherboard supports only AGP and after searching on the net I came to a conclusion that HD3850(AGP) is the best AGP card. Is it still available in the market in India? If yes what will be the estimated price? My SMPS is 400W, will it be able to handle it?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Yup, you can try theitwares.com

they have sapphire HD3850 which is Rs. 8.5K maybe

Don't forget to try lynx-india.com. There you may find it at a lower price.

I think you need a good 450W PSU with 19A ( atleast ) in +12V rail rating to handle HD3850.

clmlbx

Technomancer

hey guys How Much Power do I need for this config..

c2d 4300( 1.8 ghz @ 800 mhz ) Intel org. D946gzis , Kingston 2 GB Ram + 2 GB (will buy soon) 160 GB sata 2 seagate Hard-disk, Intex Tv Tuner card, and Gts 250 or 9800gtx+ ......

which 1 is better 9800gtx+ 1 Gb or Gts 250 512mb ....I mostly need for rendering and speeding transcoding [Animation ( 2d & 3d )& video Editing]

what type of psu does Zebronics bijli have .....it is local 1 or good 1 as this cabby is in it's gaming series on their site.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

@clmlbx, you need atleast a 450W PSU. Get Bijli without PSU and get Corsair VX450W
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
a corsair VX450W should be enough. Get bijli without PSU.

Last edited:

Red_Baron

Broken In

I bought a XFX 8800 GTS 640 MB a couple of years back from US. It worked fine for so long, but today I found out that it's video RAM has gone bad. Can it be fixed here in India or do I have no other option but to send it back to US for repairs?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

hey guys How Much Power do I need for this config..

c2d 4300( 1.8 ghz @ 800 mhz ) Intel org. D946gzis , Kingston 2 GB Ram + 2 GB (will buy soon) 160 GB sata 2 seagate Hard-disk, Intex Tv Tuner card, and Gts 250 or 9800gtx+ ......

which 1 is better 9800gtx+ 1 Gb or Gts 250 512mb ....I mostly need for rendering and speeding transcoding [Animation ( 2d & 3d )& video Editing]

what type of psu does Zebronics bijli have .....it is local 1 or good 1 as this cabby is in it's gaming series on their site.

Get the PSU as desibond suggested & the cabby too :p
but if you want to save some bucks you can CM EP 500 Plus @ Rs. 2.8-3K.

Zebronics Bijli comes with 450W PSU which can handle a 8600GT/9500Gt at it's best or a 9600GTO :p

9800GTX+ & GTS250 uses the same GPU which is 9800GTX+. GTS250 is just a rebranded 9800GTX+.

There is no point in getting a 9800GTX+/GTS250 with 1GB mem coz for just 1-1.5K more you can have GTX260 with 896MB mem ( you need to have that corsair VX450W for this one ) which is a more furious beast as compared to GTS250/9800GTx+ :p

@ Red_Baron - if your card did not come with international warranty then there is not much you can do but sending it back.

Last edited:

clmlbx

Technomancer

9800GTX+ 1 gB is best choice then gts 250 as it is cheaper & same Gpu. and can Handle My rendering & trancoding needs and all 3d apps . right ? as it will cost 6K something or round it too 7K. Gtx 260 will 2K+ so no way for it.

about smps How is tagan 500w which can stretched output uptoo 600W . if I buy that corsair 450w then .. How much output does my system need .. How much will be left for my future purposes.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^okay. If you are on a strict budget, go for GTS250. Its a bit faster than HD4850 and takes full advantage of PhysX processing. Go for it.

For PSU, A VX450W should be enough but if you think of high end cards like GTX275 or HD4890, you would need a better PSU, VX550W should be good for that.

Also, with new dx11 cards set to consume much less power, you may see HD5870 taking much much less power than HD4870.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

9800GTX+ 1 gB is best choice then gts 250 as it is cheaper & same Gpu. and can Handle My rendering & trancoding needs and all 3d apps . right ? as it will cost 6K something or round it too 7K. Gtx 260 will 2K+ so no way for it.

about smps How is tagan 500w which can stretched output uptoo 600W . if I buy that corsair 450w then .. How much output does my system need .. How much will be left for my future purposes.

Can you tell me where did you get the pricing of 6-7K for 9800GTx+ 1Gb model ?

9800Gt 1GB costs Rs. 6-6.5K.

9800GTX+ 1GB costs almost same as GTS 250 1GB which is 8.5K maybe ( though I could not find the exact pricing of 9800GTx+ ).

Corsair VX450W is pefectly fine & it can also deliver upto 570W :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^Corsair HX750W reaches 950W with ease and HX850W reaches a whopping 1.1kW without even feeling stressed.

That's corsair :)

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

^^Corsair HX750W reaches 950W with ease and HX850W reaches a whopping 1.1kW without even feeling stressed.

That's corsair :)

Oh....how much would a TX650 theoritically then pump out...???

Not doubting you...but are their any links supporting this...I tried searching..most relate to ~80% efficiency

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

*www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/power_supply/corsair_hx750w_750w_atx_psu/3
*www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/775/8

Top Bottom