Graphics Cards related queries here.

fatalcore

Journeyman
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

Well My brother has taken the 9500gt Card and thusday i will get the XFX GTS 250 1GB,and a new casis COOLER MASTER Elite NV-334-KWN1-GP Black,that is why i am thinking of a PSU for myself also.
Please advice about the final config,next month after puja i will intall 4Gb more ram.
AS u said VX450W will be enough.U are sure nah?

Desibonds comment will also be valued ,hence i request u too to advice
Looking forward for your advice
thanks
Fatalcore

Krow

Crowman

At the most you can buy Antec EA 650 @ around 5k if you can find it. That will be future proof too!

I think VX450W will be more than enough, but wait for some other comments too. Never finalise based only on one person's opinion.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

At the most you can buy Antec EA 650 @ around 5k if you can find it. That will be future proof too!

I think VX450W will be more than enough, but wait for some other comments too. Never finalise based only on one person's opinion.

The VX450 should be enough to power the system. The GPU will pull in approximate 150W at load. The PSU will have enough juice to supply the rest of the system.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ fatalcore - Get GTX 260 or GTX 275 instead of GTX 250. Plait GTX 260 & GTX 275 will cost you Rs. 10.6 & 13.5K respectively. That will be a good match for your powerful rig.

For PSU get CoolerMaster Real Power pro 550W Rs. 5.5K or corsair VX550W Rs. 5.8K.
or CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 650W Rs. 6.5K & Corsair TX650W Rs. 7K.

But the corsair VX450W is the most VFM choice coz it can deliver upto 570W @ just Rs. 4K :p

For your bro get the MSI P7NSLI PLATINUM @ Rs. 8.3K if he really wants go with sli. It supports Tri Sli :p

But I will recommend spend the money on a powerful GPU palit GTS 250 which is only Rs. 7.3K. BTW, what's your bro's current mobo ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^I think GTS250 is better than HD4850 and GTX260 is much better than HD4870, especially GTX260 sonic edition from Palit. It rocks.

among HD4890 and GTX275, I would pick one that is cheaper :)

DarkDante

Journeyman

how much will be the xfx hd 4890 black edition?
the cost ain't written on the xfx site.and i don't know the street prices.also there's no india site for xfx.it's really convenient,is'nt it!

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman

Why do you want to buy XFX only?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96218

XFX 4890 was 17k a long time ago. Now it should be in range of 14-16k.
Sapphire 4890 is 13.2k!

DarkDante

Journeyman

hey but on a buy site(newegg.com or sumthin like that)it shows that the card i mentioned is for 245$ or about 11270 rs!!!cool or what!

DarkDante

Journeyman

if you might not find it there go to the xfx home site:
*www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/HD 4000series/4890Black.aspx
and then select buy,from where you can go to the newegg site and see it for yourself

Krow

Crowman

Newegg doesn't ship to India AFAIK. The USA price almost invariably always is a bit on the cheaper side. Here you will have to wait until December or so before the 4890 becomes cheaper.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

hey but on a buy site(newegg.com or sumthin like that)it shows that the card i mentioned is for 245$ or about 11270 rs!!!cool or what!

Do not look at American shipping sites for price reference. They are way of the mark with reference to India. (Obviously lower -- at times there is a differential of 25% - 20%) Look at them for specifications only (hardware). Bundle and pricing and service will be entirely different for India Region.

Newegg doesn't ship to India AFAIK. The USA price almost invariably always is a bit on the cheaper side. Here you will have to wait until December or so before the 4890 becomes cheaper.

Yes true...

A HD4890 is available at Lynx for Rs. 12567. (Sapphire). Here is the link.

Krow

Crowman

Amazing! I'll let comp@ddict know. He'll update his thread then! :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^Why not recommend HD4850, 4870 512MB? Or 4890?

GTS 250 is a bit better than HD4850.

GTX 260 is a bit better than HD4870.

GTX 275 is a bit better than HD4890.

& Nvidia drivers are better than ATI drivers IMP

Sounds like a fanboy eh ?..... but I'm not :p

under 7K price Range there is no match to Powercolor HD4850

& HD4890 under Rs. 13K is just great with 1GB 256bit GDDR5 ram

But anybody willing to pay Rs. 500 -1000 extra they should go with Nvidia :p

But I've a great suggestion ( personal ) Spend 14K on 2x powercolor HD4850 CF setup & i think it can outperforms even a GTX 285 coz 2X HD4770 gives performance close to GTX280 :p

fatalcore

Journeyman

Thanks a lot topgear,Techalomaniac,desiibond,asigh,
Here is the final list
Intel Quad Q9550 2.83 Processor,gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard,4GB Corsair 800 DDR2 ram,XFX GTS250 1GB GPU, 2X500GB Seagate HDD,2x120mm Fan,LG DVD Writer,Creative 5.1 Inspire,COOLER MASTER Elite NV-334.
corsair VX450 will be good nah? i am also checking for VX 550 ? if i can collect more 3000 rupees.Else as u all said i will stick to VX450.
I will buy it tomorrow.
please advice.
thanks
fatalcore
To Topgear,
bro, i am really sorry but i have alread purchased the XFX last week, before that i was having 9500GT, so right now its absolutely not possible for me to buy 260or above, however next timei will definitely get hold of the models u specified,
thanks again,
regards
fatalcore

ayushman9

Journeyman

which direct x 10 based card should i buy overall budjet should not exceed 5k and requirement is gaming in med settings

Krow

Crowman

GTS 250 is a bit better than HD4850.

GTX 260 is a bit better than HD4870.

GTX 275 is a bit better than HD4890.

under 7K price Range there is no match to Powercolor HD4850

& HD4890 under Rs. 13K is just great with 1GB 256bit GDDR5 ram

But anybody willing to pay Rs. 500 -1000 extra they should go with Nvidia :p

But I've a great suggestion ( personal ) Spend 14K on 2x powercolor HD4850 CF setup & i think it can outperforms even a GTX 285 coz 2X HD4770 gives performance close to GTX280 :p

Nice explanation, but I still think that 4890 and GTX 275 are at par more or less. I agree about the other two. Plus, 4890 @ 12.5k is a super deal! :)

Good config fatalcore. Why the Creativ 5.1 Inspire though? If you dont already own it, get the Logitech X-540 5.1 instead for 5.5k. I strongly recommend that you get the VX550W at least as it will be future proof. All the Best.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
which direct x 10 based card should i buy overall budjet should not exceed 5k and requirement is gaming in med settings

Check if it is DX 10, but the Palit 9600GT 512MB is good enough to run games at med settings. Its comes for 5k.

Last edited:

fatalcore

Journeyman

Good morning everyone,
thanks Techalomaniac
i have some problem with Creative,cant hear anything else,except Bose.i think i am a defective piece.
regards
fatalcore

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

Let us not get into this. It is not fair for users who are new comers here, and do not know much about nVidia and ATI. Both the RED and GREEN teams are equally good with a great line up of cards+drivers. Both companies release great drivers. ATI releases a new driver every month in fact. There are so many forums out there, where people debate the same, but it never ends. PEACE...!..SHALOM...!

Thanks a lot topgear,Techalomaniac,desiibond,asigh,
Here is the final list
Intel Quad Q9550 2.83 Processor,gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L motherboard,4GB Corsair 800 DDR2 ram,XFX GTS250 1GB GPU, 2X500GB Seagate HDD,2x120mm Fan,LG DVD Writer,Creative 5.1 Inspire,COOLER MASTER Elite NV-334.
corsair VX450 will be good nah? i am also checking for VX 550 ? if i can collect more 3000 rupees.Else as u all said i will stick to VX450.
I will buy it tomorrow.
please advice.
thanks
fatalcore
To Topgear,
bro, i am really sorry but i have alread purchased the XFX last week, before that i was having 9500GT, so right now its absolutely not possible for me to buy 260or above, however next timei will definitely get hold of the models u specified,
thanks again,
regards
fatalcore

Hey..great config. Am dying to get your processor. Good choice of stuff.

:)

Top Bottom