Graphics Cards related queries here.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana said:
benchamark results arent everything, real live tests are, im not trying to say ati sucks though, their 2900 costs 24k it doesent mean it sucks ok im just trying to say that its not THAT good and its weak in anti aliasing, it takes up load for anti aliasing cuz it uses a software while nvidia has hardware antialiasing which makes it faster

Well for sure at that price it sucks and also it sucks more power which means that team green (AMD) isn't working that much on power consumption in graphics field.

2900XT sucks more power...even more than 8800 GTX under load!

All i m saying that we can't totally ignore that Ati(AMD) is not that good but one should be a value for money and that where is nVidia comes.
The 8800 GTS (320MB) is for 16K and i think that much better value for money.

But Ati has its own place.

hash!! said:
finally bought the 8800gts 320mb... :)
its brilliant... tried nfsmw with best settings... well, highest settings, all sliders were to the extreme right lolz, and still the gasme went on like amazingly smooth... played battlefield 2142 with similar settings, and it run like a dream... sigh! this card is just nice... tho i had to change my mobo to a full atx cause the card is tooo huge and hid my sata ports... anyway, im happy happy... :)
oh.. and i got a 550w coolermaster extreme power, and its just right for the card... the box says its 16A on 12v+ or sumthn... well, the card's workin fine, so i guess its alll good.. so this is a very happy me sayin thanks everyone who helped... lolz :)

Dude Congrats on ur big purchase!!!

Well ur 550 watt should work fine but if it is less for ur config. thenu might face system crash...or game crash...or something unusual...while in graphics intense work!
I hope u will not face such kinda problem!
Mention the brand(make) and price of ur card and where u bought it from.
Good Luck!

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey harvy
i said a maximum of 4k man u gave me something worth 4.7k and i dont even need sli

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
hey harvy
i said a maximum of 4k man u gave me something worth 4.7k and i dont even need sli
I think ZEB-540W SLI Ready Power Supply will be sufficient and will come under ur budget.This is the lowest one in the diamond series from zebronics.Don't go for the platinum one.U can always order from Itwares if u want the coolermaster,i heard they ship anywhere in India.
:)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i dont trust online sites
anyways i think i may have to go with coolermaster 600watts, i thought i could have gotten zebby it would have been better, dude u have a ym?

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
@Harvik

so 8900 cards arent coming out shortly?thts sad:(.
my friend wanna get a 8800 GTX oc version.where to get that along with the VGA cooler?prime has both??

Overclocked versions of GFX cards are not available in India.

U can order the cooler from prime.They ship anywhere in India.

Sorry for the late reply,didn't see it,my net was down for days.

entrana said:
dude u have a ym?

U mean yahoo??

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

hey harvy u know where 8800gts 320mb XXX available in kolkata

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

entrana said:
hey harvy u know where 8800gts 320mb XXX available in kolkata
Overclocked versions of Graphics cards are not available in the Indian market,this is primarily because of the hot Indian conditions due to which manufacturers are not willing to release these cards which produce more heat.

hash!!

________

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Dude Congrats on ur big purchase!!!

Well ur 550 watt should work fine but if it is less for ur config. thenu might face system crash...or game crash...or something unusual...while in graphics intense work!
I hope u will not face such kinda problem!
Mention the brand(make) and price of ur card and where u bought it from.
Good Luck!

hehh... thanks man... big purchase it was... waited for frickin ages to get this lolz...
well, its a leadtek winfast... and i bought it from singapore (for obvious reasons and risks.. :) )

anyway, now that im actually using this, i think its running on the hotter side... idle temp is around 65-68 c.. usually constant at 67c... but went upto around 80-81c in-game...
is that normal or should i figure out better fans into my cabinet?
right now, theres a normal sized coolermaster fan (i guess its 80mm?) fixed on the removable slider of the cabinet, blowing into the card to disperse the hot air (i tried it as an exhaust, and it didnt work cool it well), and another one under the psu and above the pcie slot as an exhaust...
and then the psu has a downfacing 120mm pulling air outta the cabinet...

so whats a safe temperature for the card? btw, im not really gonna try oc-ing it for another 4-5 months, cause if this card blows, i dont even have an onboard display for backup...

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

hash!! said:
hehh... thanks man... big purchase it was... waited for frickin ages to get this lolz...
well, its a leadtek winfast... and i bought it from singapore (for obvious reasons and risks.. :) )

anyway, now that im actually using this, i think its running on the hotter side... idle temp is around 65-68 c.. usually constant at 67c... but went upto around 80-81c in-game...
right now, theres a normal sized coolermaster fan (i guess its 80mm?) fixed on the removable slider of the cabinet, blowing into the card to disperse the hot air (i tried it as an exhaust, and it didnt work cool it well), and another one under the psu and above the pcie slot as an exhaust...

so whats a safe temperature for the card? btw, im not really gonna try oc-ing it for another 4-5 months, cause if this card blows, i dont even have an onboard display for backup...

Wooohh....Thats a lot high temp. The average should be between 40-50 c....max. 55 C. but this is reallly hot. I 've seen several times this much high temp. before but u should be careful. Keeping the flow into ur cabinet and maintaing the temp. is the most important thing for a systm because its straight effects the performance.
Although u have lots of fans in the cabbi but may be u should try adding another 120 MM fan to ur cabinet and see the temp. drops and also open one side of the cabinet and see the temp. goes down or not and check those loose wires, they are real pain in the bu** for cooling!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

hash!! said:

My 8800GTS also went up to 66C which is normal for this card at idle.On load this card can sore up to 74C.Ur slightly hot but the core is made to withstand a temperature of 110C(threshold temp).Download rivatuner and manually set the fan to run at full speed this will decrease the idle temp to max 59C.Also install fans in ur cabinet.Note the volume of air going out should be equal to that coming in.

Last edited:

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

I think the temp is normal for this card...as my 8800GTx also goes upto 80 on load...and stays 60-65 idle......i have 2 120mm fans blowing air from the front of the cab...into the sys..and 2 120mm's blowing air out frm the back..+ one 80mm blowing air right at the card...(im using corsair 720W):grin:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Ambar said:
(im using corsair 720W):grin:
I checked the corsair site and they have no 720 watt,the max is HX620 watt,are u jocking or u mean the 620watt.

hash!!

________

Harvik780 said:
My 8800GTS also went up to 66C which is normal for this card at idle.On load this card can sore up to 74C.Ur slightly hot but the core is made to withstand a temperature of 110C(threshold temp).Download rivatuner and manually set the fan to run at full speed this will decrease the idle temp to max 59C.Also install fans in ur cabinet.Note the volume of air going out should be equal to that coming in.

ahh great... i got kinda paranoid cause of the 80c load temperature... tho the default alert threshhold in the nvidia monitor was set to a 100c...
tell me.. is it alright to stick an 80mm to the card? with a double sided tape? no screws lolz... on the plastic part of it? cause i reckon that'd make it lose a lil heat...

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

hash!! said:
ahh great... i got kinda paranoid cause of the 80c load temperature... tho the default alert threshhold in the nvidia monitor was set to a 100c...
tell me.. is it alright to stick an 80mm to the card? with a double sided tape? no screws lolz... on the plastic part of it? cause i reckon that'd make it lose a lil heat...
If the fan blows on the plastic part then it won't have any effect cause plastics can't transfer heat.....cause they are too lazy :D
It would be a better idea to get an external cooler if u want to keep things cool alternately if u keep the room temp and airflow inside the cabby at the right amount then u might get 6C under which means 74C.

ajex

Broken In

there are a few PCI slot coolers around which can be fitted to the slot next to the gfx card like this
*img213.imageshack.us/img213/5788/mddslotcoolerxc3.th.jpg*img213.imageshack.us/img213/7531/slotfanunitgd5.gif

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

aww, are other pci coolers available like the one from vantec

Top Bottom