Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

but ati is weak at anti aliasing, and anti aliasing happens to be a really important thing

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

why do u ask id say both of them are useless, and go for 7600gt
but if i was to choose id think it wud be 6800, i think

Avid gamers have a look at this thread.this is for those who want to compare gaming on VISTA and on XP.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67463

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

entrana said:
but ati is weak at anti aliasing, and anti aliasing happens to be a really important thing

I don't think so dude.
ATi was the one who got the FSAA(Full Screen Anti-Aliasing) + HDR simultaneously on their X19XX series!
And nVidia has got this feature from Dx10 seris cards!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

keith_j_snyder2 said:
I don't think so dude.
ATi was the one who got the FSAA(Full Screen Anti-Aliasing) + HDR simultaneously on their X19XX series!
And nVidia has got this feature from Dx10 seris cards!
I am a noob but ur even more than a noob.If professional gamers see what u have written they will fall flat on the floor laughing.Sorry for the rude reply.I'll explain if u request.

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Harvik780 said:
I am a noob but ur even more than a noob.If professional gamers see what u have written they will fall flat on the floor laughing.Sorry for the rude reply.I'll answer if u request.

Well thanks for the compliment but i m willing to be proved wrong!
And if i m wrong then i won't mind to be laughing matter!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Anti-aliasing with HDR was even possible on nvidia's Geforce 6 series card but the least recommended card was Geforce 6600 the Nvdia geoforms demo proved this.The anti-aliasing feature used was software based.And yes that was just what ATI uses till now even in the HD2XXX series.In this type of Anti-aliasing the jazzies are removed via software processing through pixel-pipelines(Now know as stream processors).However nvidia has introduced Hardware based anti-aliasing with there Geforce 8800 series based cards which is faster.ATI still uses software based anti-aliasing that's the why it had to introduce so many stream processors in its HD2XXX series.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

Harvik780 said:
Anti-aliasing with HDR was even possible on nvidia's Geforce 6 series card but the least recommended card was Geforce 6600 the Nvdia geoforms demo proved this.The anti-aliasing feature used was software based.And yes that was just what ATI uses till now even in the HD2XXX series.In this type of Anti-aliasing the jazzies are removed via software processing through pixel-pipelines(Now know as stream processors).However nvidia has introduced Hardware based anti-aliasing with there Geforce 8800 series based cards which is faster.ATI still uses software based anti-aliasing that's the why it had to introduce so many stream processors in its HD2XXX series.
Well if u can see my signature,i am also a proud owner of nVidia's 6 series GPU(6800).THis was the first GPU which holds the HDR....BUT....not HDR+AA.
This feature is not even on 7900 GTX.

Check this link and read the first page:
*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/hdr_aa_ati_radeon_x1k/
*www.thetechlounge.com/article/268-3/XFX+GeForce+7900+GT+256MB+PCIE+XXX+Edition/

Just run through it dude!

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

I don't believe on what others say but what i see and observe.I have run the demo,u can download it on nzone and see for urself.Nvidia avoids software based anti-aliasing as its slow and emphasizes on hardware based anti-aliasing.U can goto www.ati.com to check the specs of these video cards and ati reveals that the anti-aliasing techniques are upgradeable via software drivers(that's only possible in software based anti-aliasing).

Last edited:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

sure the downside of nvidia is that only 8800 series has hdr+aa but still id prefer nvidia any time over ati cuz even though ati has hdr+aa, its slow man

hash!!

________

ummm sorry to haggle you guys again and again, but theres hardly any material on google that'd reassure me on this...
would the cooler master 550w real power be good enough for an 8800gts 320mb?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

check if it has one pcie connecter 6pin

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

How much better XFX 8600Gt 'fatality' edition is in comparison to normal 8600GT?Is the price difference justified?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i am not sure about the justification about the price, but the fatal1ty edition is a type of factory overclocked 8600gt, with better heat solution and about the maximum reachable clock, i think, dunno about the price though but think of it as a overclocked 8600 gt with warranty that costs 3k more

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

entrana said:
sure the downside of nvidia is that only 8800 series has hdr+aa but still id prefer nvidia any time over ati cuz even though ati has hdr+aa, its slow man

For sure dude. nVidia is always my first choice too because of the reason of less poer hungry.

Although ATi cards are behemoths but they actually perform better.
U can sse the comparision of 8800 GTS (640MB) and HD2900XT(512MB).
The 2900 XT eats up almost every thing but the card is a monster.

Just for a note:
THe X1900 XTX eats almost double the power compared to 7900 GTX but it also performs better than 7900 GTX.
Also in this case i 'de say that 7900 GTX will be a better choice because the performance difference is not that much as compared to power consumption.

The same story is with the 8800 & 2900.

U will hardly notice people with X-fire setups since 95% people(including me) prefers SLI setups.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

i guess it just depends on the choice of the people, besides i cant find a good store to buy ati anyways

hash!!

________

entrana said:
check if it has one pcie connecter 6pin

it has a 6 pin pcie connector... i guess pin extensions are pretty much available in the market, and in any case, folks at nehru place always have a jugaad for everythn...
but what im concerned about is if its good enough for an 320mb 8800gts...

xbonez

NP : Crysis

yes, a 550w PSU from CoolerMaster is enough for ur 8800. if u go in for an unbranded 550w PSu, be assured u'll have stability issues.

Top Bottom