Graphics Cards related queries here.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

does the ibal smps have a pcie connector u need that too or u can use a spare molex with a converter

gulgulumaal

Broken In

@aravind_n20
Thanx buddy

BTW my SMPS says 17A on +12.
Hope that's enough to keep the system going with the 8600GT

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

An 8600GT needs exactly 17A on 12v rail. Hope it wud work like a charm.
No problem if u try keepin ur current one. If there is any unstability[i hope there in none], then ull have to spend 1.5k~2k more.
Zebronics 400W [500 bucks one] says some 20A on 12v rail. nyways these are not correct. We can only rely on the power of rated PSU's which start at 2k range.

gulgulumaal

Broken In

@aravind_n20, saw ur post a little late..I was busy taking the pic of the SMPS:)

Pls see the specs of the SMPS below.
*i1.tinypic.com/64625x2.jpg

This is my cabinet and SMPS
*iball.co.in/inner/show_product_details2.asp?catid=20&pid=110

BTW if the SMPS is rated for 17A 12V and the 8600GT card needs 17A for itself, then I'm just wondering if there'll be enough power for the other folks inside the cabinet (Mobo, drives...etc) :(

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

@harvik

i am using psu's molex connector to power up my vga.but i think its not getting sufficient power.
ur pic of that Gigabyte one is right,except that of my card is from xfx:).

DD3030

Broken In

Hi all :p

I am planning to get x2 3800+, 2X1 GB, ASUS M2A-VM, 160GB SATAII, DVD-RW, XFX8600GT. Could you tell me what SMPS is needed for this - is 500W needed or not and can I get any good one within 1.5 - 2K or is it better to spend more?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

there is a converter available that converts 2 molex into 1 pcie i think u shud try to find that

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

BULLZI said:
@harvik

i am using psu's molex connector to power up my vga.but i think its not getting sufficient power.
ur pic of that Gigabyte one is right,except that of my card is from xfx:).
I cannot tell unless i see ur 3d mark score(2005 or 2006).The HX620W is a very good power supply.I don't know why ur card came with a single molex inlet,it should have come with two.Anyway check with the 3d mark score and post it here,u can also compare it with scores on the net to see if its low.If there is a huge difference then it'll prove that ur card is receiving low power.

DD3030 said:
Hi all :p

I am planning to get x2 3800+, 2X1 GB, ASUS M2A-VM, 160GB SATAII, DVD-RW, XFX8600GT. Could you tell me what SMPS is needed for this - is 500W needed or not and can I get any good one within 1.5 - 2K or is it better to spend more?
Get zebronics pure platinum 500 watt.It costs Rs 1850+tax(Might be even lower these days).Its quality for u.Don't hesitate to buy it.

Last edited:

gulgulumaal

Broken In

I did some more research and it's starting to look like I can't have a 8600GT on my PC without upgrading my SMPS, so that would be around 7K for the card and another 1k (atleast) for the SMPS. I dont think spending 8k would be justified for just some casual weekend gaming.

If I'm going for a low end card...around 4k or lesser, which card do u guys suggest. Pls keep in mind that the driving factor for me buying a card is that I'm not able to play NFS carbon on my system. Pls suggest a card for me that is low in price and would be able to play NFS carbon pretty well.

Thinking realistically, I would probably play and finish off carbon (like I did for UG2), and then I would probably not play any other game for a few months.

So what card would you suggest @ <= 4k budget which can run NFS carbon more or less comfortably ?

Last edited:

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

gulgulumaal said:
I did some more research and it's starting to look like I can't have a 8600GT on my PC without upgrading my SMPS, so that would be around 7K for the card and another 1k (atleast) for the SMPS. I dont think spending 8k would be justified for just some casual weekend gaming.

If I'm going for a low end card...around 4k or lesser, which card do u guys suggest. Pls keep in mind that the driving factor for me buying a card is that I'm not able to play NFS carbon on my system. Pls suggest a card for me that is low in price and would be able to play NFS carbon pretty well.

Thinking realistically, I would probably play and finish off carbon (like I did for UG2), and then I would probably not play any other game for a few months.

So what card would you suggest @ <= 4k budget which can run NFS carbon more or less comfortably ?

See the bazaar section....may be u can get some old but a decent card!

DD3030

Broken In

Get zebronics pure platinum 500 watt.It costs Rs 1850+tax(Might be even lower these days).Its quality for u.Don't hesitate to buy it.[/quote]

thanks for reply, harvik, i might go for that only :p

napster007

Padawan

i'll most probably be buying a new gfx by the end of this month. please suggest a good graphic card for not more than 6k-7k.

secondly my friend has an saphire x1600pro. should i go for that or is 8600gt better and will it fall under my budget?
thanks.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

All Depends on ur Interface !!! if PCI-E then for 6 to 7k budget I would Vote for XFX 8600 GT GDDR3 256 MB @ Rs. 6700/- + TAX :D

napster007

Padawan

is 8600gt better than ati x1600pro? (not considering the fact that x1600 is dx9)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

yes infact 8600gt is better
besides most games come out for nvidia, and are optimized for nvidia but it totally depends on you if you want you COULD go to ati but they are weak at anti aliasing

you wont believe this
*www.dailytech.com/AMD+Alleges+NVIDIA+Cheats+in+HD+HQV/article8608.htm

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer

I have seen comparisons that X1650XT is approximately equal in performance to 7600GT... The X1600 series was not good... There are also comparisons that 8600GT is at the moment getting beaten by 7600GT in performance (this was true some time back, dont know if revised drivers have changed this)...

Arun

Top Bottom