Graphics Cards related queries here.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Re: All Graphics Cards related queries here.

whaaaat January??Man thats around 4 more months.are you sure?I think 8700 will be released much earlier(by November)

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

The_Devil_Himself said:
whaaaat January??Man thats around 4 more months.are you sure?I think 8700 will be released much earlier(by November)
Yes,by early January Rashi Peripherals would be selling the XFX brands for the 8700GT/GTS cards.

Who

Guess Who's Back

just to remind everybody that 8700 GTS would be selling at U.S at 199 $ that doesn't mean it will be selling for 9k in india , i bet the starting price of 8700 GTS would be around 14k or more in india, & they will be slower then 8800 GTS version make no mistake here, so going with 8800 GTS 320 MB isn't bad idea.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Most people would probably settle for the GT and if both cards have the same no. of stream processors then we might be able to mod the GT into GTS.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE

entrana said:
yeah value for money sure, but here nvidia too wins because why waste ur money on a sucky card, specially if u have loads of cash ill say 8800gts 320mb is better than their hd2900

Well i bet u haven't checked the benchmarks on the web. Coz if u do then u won't be saying this!

My friend 2900XT gives better performance than 8800 GTS(640 MB) which is having double the memory of 320 MB version of 320 MB GTS. Although the 320 MB version is sure value for money but u can't say that 2900 XT sucks compared to 8800 GTS.

2900XT gives almost little lower performance than 8800 GTX but in some benchmarks it also smokes 8800 GTX.

So ASFAIK and the benchmarks says "8800 GTS (320MB)" can't beat 2900 XT...anyway!

The_Devil_Himself said:
I Think it will be perfect for me.It will be better than any 8600 atleast.

Yeah i hope it should be in 265 bit version whereas 8600 GT is 128 Bit.

Last edited:

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

keith_j_snyder2 said:
Well i bet u haven't checked the benchmarks on the web. Coz if u do then u won't be saying this!

My friend 2900XT gives better performance than 8800 GTS(640 MB) which is having double the memory of 320 MB version of 320 MB GTS. Although the 320 MB version is sure value for money but u can't say that 2900 XT sucks compared to 8800 GTS.

2900XT gives almost little lower performance than 8800 GTX but in some benchmarks it also smokes 8800 GTX.

So ASFAIK and the benchmarks says "8800 GTS (320MB)" can't beat 2900 XT...anyway!

Hmmmm,do u know that the 2900XT beats the GTX in 3D Mark 2006 but do u also know that this test is done at default settings with anti-alias turned off.Even at higher resolutions like 1600*1200 we atleast need an anti-alias value of 2x.
ATI has week anti-alias support and because of their lack of commitment PC game developers are having a lot of problems implementing anti-alias in newer games,examples are Bioshock and Medal Of Honor.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

benchamark results arent everything, real live tests are, im not trying to say ati sucks though, their 2900 costs 24k it doesent mean it sucks ok im just trying to say that its not THAT good and its weak in anti aliasing, it takes up load for anti aliasing cuz it uses a software while nvidia has hardware antialiasing which makes it faster

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

i am posting this query for the third time.didnt get ny reply previously.

is 9800GTX is coming out at this year end??i can wait till January max.if it is not the case,is higher 8 series gpus coming out?

i want to play every latest games at 1440*900 ,all max. settings.

if not then i will go for 8800 gtx/ultra.

plz do reply guyz.ny type of news/info??

:)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

DUDE 9 SERIES ISNT ANNOUNCED YET !!!!!!!!!!!
i have heard claims of 89xx series being announced and ive seen in websites that the specs to have been announced and 8700 has been announced.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

and also how to check my mobo's pci-e version??will G92 gpus be compatible with my mobo??i heard that those gpus will need pci-e 2.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

i am asking coz i hv to prepare myself accordingly:).dont wanna change my mobo.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

look this is all bullcrap just stick with what u have

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz

entrana said:
look this is all bullcrap just stick with what u have

just behave urself,will u??

if u dont know something,why are u sticking ur nose in it? i am watching for days that u always want to post something even when u hv very little knowledge about it and in some cases u know nothing.

so better,be careful abt ur replies.

The_Devil_Himself said:
Now what the hell is this pci-e 2???Don't scare me guys.

i dont know too much abt it.bt it is the next generation PCI-E.it may be backward compatible,not sure though:).

Last edited:

monkey

Padawan

BULLZI said:
i dont know too much abt it.bt it is the next generation PCI-E.it may be backward compatible,not sure though:).

PCIe 2 will provide twice the bandwidth of today's PCIe (x16) and will be completely backward compatible.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum

y dont you give price list of gfx cards like the one with mobile phones .... and also update it time to time .. it would be nice

Top Bottom