Graphic card recommendation needed

powercaesar

Right off the assembly line
1. What is your MAX budget? 22500Rs
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why? No
3. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that) Video editing and graphic work
4. Planning to overclock? No
5. Which OS are you planning to use? Windows 7 and if stable windows 8
6. How much hard drive space is needed? N/A
7. What resolution will the screen run at? 1440 x 900 and above
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest) 7
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler? assembler
10. When are you planning to buy the system? Next 10 days
11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations? Yes
12. What components do you want to buy? Nvidia graphic card in GTX series and a cooler. Card is the priority.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states? Online/ebay
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

Current system config
PSU: Cooler Master ExtremePro 500W
Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H
HDD: 2 x 250Gb Seagate internal + 1 x 500Gb Seagate external + 1 x 2Tb External Western Digital
LG DVD Writer

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/14/2012, 04:26:20
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: H55M-UD2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8156MB RAM
Page File: 3534MB used, 12775MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100
DWM DPI Scaling:
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode

When you state your recommendations please do state why you have recommended. And I dont want to upgrade my PSU. Would it be sufficient?

Thank you! :)

OP
P

powercaesar

You want a Gfrx card, right?

I am professional film editor and vfx artist. My primary work is editing. I use Premiere as my primary editing software. With CS6 coming out and I am looking to upgrade and I so require a new gfx card.

I also want to stick with Nvidia card as I want to make use of the cuda core which adobe premiere mercury engine supports and hence my workflow is quicker.

Also my one other concern is that I have 500W psu. I have been reading around and I see that most recommend a 450W psu. So should my current psu you be fine?

Thank you.

OP
P

powercaesar

Which psu would you recommend? Future proof it for atleast 3 years.

Though I am not sure if I have the budget for it.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Cheap but trustworthy and reliable PSU gets my vote. :-D

SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

OP
P

powercaesar

Though i am not sure if I would have the budget for a PSU currently. Maybe 2-3 months down the line I might. So if I dont upgrade the PSU at present time, my current PSU should suffice for the time being?

I am currently considering between ATI HD 7850 and GTX 560 Ti / 570

So please suggest which of the three is best and why. Also which manufacturer to go for?

Thank you :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ all of the the gpus mentioned here ain't supported by premier CS6 for GPU acceleration . If you need a supported GPU now get GTX 570 or else wait for GTX 670 ( which shuld be supported by Premier CS6 with a update/hotfix )

get either of these :

MSI N570GTX Twin FrozrIII PE/OC
or
*www.smcinternational.in/index.php?...ategory_id=34&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=92

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
wont a workstation card be better suited for the OP's need? even though he is mentioned he needs GTX series.. if he is not playing games then Quadro series should be the choice..

Top Bottom