GPU NEWS Channel

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
There won't an amd rival to this card. Amd has no plans refreshing their GCN line up but improve drivers, especially in crossfire.
Now even reviewers are mentioning directly to avoid crossfire. AMD has to fix these problems first rather than launching new ones.

They have a successor planned, but that won't compete with kepler series but Maxwell. Its gonna show up in the end of this year or most probably next year.

Btw, for your 1.5l rig, a single 780 makes a lot of sense. Wait for the prices to stabilize. Currently its 49k but should come down a bit.

In India, all prices are insane TBH.

y amd y! U will finally have to close the company aftera long struggle...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
yep, there's GTX 770 and GTX 760 Ti coming soon but they are old wine in a new bottle ... GTX 770 is based on GTX 680 and GTX 760 Ti is on GTX 670 ;-)

Gollum

Collector
as long as the t series cards are cheap, its good.

as long as the 7 series cards are cheap, its good.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
l've not heard of any Gtx 765 but there's nothing interesting about gtx 760/765/770 TBH as all of them are rebadged stuff.

then that's bad for us. Cause I heard they will increase base price about 10%-15%(rumor??) on all across 7xx series.
So instead of getting rebadged stuff if 6xx series gets a 10% price drop then price/performance will be a steal for 6xx series cards.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
l've not heard of any Gtx 765 but there's nothing interesting about gtx 760/765/770 TBH as all of them are rebadged stuff.

Yeah but the pricing will be the difference maker. Have a look:

NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 770 could end up being the product we expected it to be specifications-wise, but could surprise with pricing, according to retailers in Tokyo's Akihabara electronics shopping district. On paper, the GTX 770 is virtually identical to the GeForce GTX 680, albeit with higher core clocks, and a record memory frequency. The chip features 1046 MHz core, 1085 MHz of GPU Boost, and a staggering 7.00 GHz (1750 MHz actual) memory.

If true, the GTX 770 should be the highest-clocked GPU ever built. These clocks bolster the same 14-month old GK104 silicon we're all too familiar with. To support these clocks, the card draws power from a combination of 6-pin and 8-pin power connectors, and features a rated TDP of 230W. The card features a cooling solution identical to the GeForce GTX 780 and GTX TITAN, which should make it an attractive buy. The part that intrigued us the most is that retailers expect it to sell for 40,000¥, which should roughly convert to US $390~400. At this price, the GTX 770 should wreak havoc among AMD's ranks, and even make GTX 680 and GTX 670 much cheaper.

Source

Leaked benches suggest it to be 10% faster than 680 and will also sport Titan like PCB. That would mean no overclocking restriction like titan and 780.
This will be a better product than 680 and might drive down the price of the latter to clear inventory.

*wccftech.com/msi-geforce-gtx-770-lightning-benchmarked-sli/

*news.softpedia.com/news/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-770-Has-Surprising-Price-Specs-Leaked-356606.shtml

then that's bad for us. Cause I heard they will increase base price about 10%-15%(rumor??) on all across 7xx series.

I see the opposite happening. :)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
it will take about 6-8 months after launch in India to match nvidia pricing:-x

but by any chance the 770 priced around $400 here will be a steal

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah but the pricing will be the difference maker. Have a look:

Source

Leaked benches suggest it to be 10% faster than 680 and will also sport Titan like PCB. That would mean no overclocking restriction like titan and 780.
This will be a better product than 680 and might drive down the price of the latter to clear inventory.

MSI GeForce GTX 770 Lightning Benchmarked - SLI Performance Unveiled

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Has Surprising Price, Specs Leaked

I see the opposite happening. :)

I've heard that GTX 770 will be a higher clocked model but did not know that it will sport a Titan like PCB .. so even though the core gpu is "old" every other thing is good enough to make a difference with GTX 680.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
by the looks of it nvidia targeting all highend model to be look like titan.

I must admit with the aluminium casing with glowing GTX logo the cards looks like you are getting a super premium product.

If pricing is very good then it's better to get the 770 over 680 cause it will feature gpu boost 2.0

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
GTX 770 reviews are out !!!!!

HARDOCP - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 - MSI GeForce GTX 770 Lightning Video Card Review

The GeForce GTX 770 Review: Calling In A Hit On Radeon HD 7970? : Can A One-Year-Old GPU Still Excite Us?

*www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_770/1.html

*www.guru3d.com/articles_summary/geforce_gtx_770_review.html

It bagged the tomshardware smart buy award. Dethrones the 7970 ghz edition as a value card.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
gee ! that's $ ~ 530 USD and I'm wondering where all these extra $ 130 will go ;-) anyway, considering the price of HD 7970 GE the price is ok but I'm sure once the product is available widely here the market price will be a lot less than 30k.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
theres a rumor that a minor bios update to 680s will tune it to 770s. Is that true ?
maybe considering same gpus used in those two cards

gee ! that's $ ~ 530 USD and I'm wondering where all these extra $ 130 will go ;-) anyway, considering the price of HD 7970 GE the price is ok but I'm sure once the product is available widely here the market price will be a lot less than 30k.

wait for another 6 to 8 months for that.

BTW it will be ~$545 considering this quarter's average price/$ is Rs.55

Top Bottom