Super Moderator
Staff member
This image says it all (the card is a 7970):-

*www.ocaholic.ch/xoops/html/modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/ID904/PerfIndex.png

Source

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
ocaholic - Windows 8 vs 7 - Gaming Performance Radeon HD 7970 - Grafikkarten - Reviews

Overall Windows 8 leaves us with mixed feelings when it comes to gaming performance. Should you be asking yourself why there is such huge differences between Windows 7 and Windows 8, especially when it comes to older games, we have to say that this definitely is a legit question. We have to say it's definitely not normal. When there was the step from Windows Vista to Windows 7 there were no measurable differences between those two operating systems. So Microsoft ... what have you done?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Users purchasing 7870 cards, particularly Sapphire branded one may tread with caution:-

Black screens and Radeon HD7870: a solution ? - BeHardware

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another crippled card coming out of AMD stable:-

AMD "Tahiti LE" Brand Named Radeon HD 7890 | techPowerUp

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting review of cards from both the camps with latest beta drivers:-

HARDOCP - Introduction - Fall 2012 GPU and Driver Comparison Roundup

Gist is: 7970 is well ahead of the 680, 670 slightly ahead of 7950, and between 660Ti and 7870, it's a tie.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should be, with newer drivers, there's no doubt now which one to buy. And cheaper too. ;)

rock2702

Padawan
Thanks Skud.:) Btw m planning to step up from a 1440*900 monitor to a 2560*1440 res monitor.Will the 7970 serve me well at that res at high settings?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@rock2702: you are gonna love it. go for it. If possible get a 120MHz one, and play with VSync on to prevent screen tearing issues.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
NVIDIA Launches Tesla K20 & K20X: GK110 Arrives At Last

Kepler's first attempt at compute. 18688 K20's also power the titan supercomputer at Oak Ridge national laboratory.
This is the commercial launch along with a K20X part having even more no. of sp's. Reading the review now.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
More beta drivers from nvidia
NVIDIA DRIVERS 310.64BETA

I guess they are (still)trying to match the amd betas

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now this:-

AMD Rebrands Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs to HD 8000 for OEMs | techPowerUp

:facepalm:

Top Bottom