GPU NEWS Channel

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
8800 Ultra sold at high price because of lack of competition. Even GCN cards were priced higher than usual until Kepler came to market.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Titan will be just like Asus aries.......both of them would B****-a** costly and not available in enough quantity for everyone.....only select few ones will have the benefit of buying it....with money and reference BOTH.

If somebody is so rich to build a Costly System with these cards...he would better buy a car or a bike with that money...!

These days companies are just toying with the customers, providing current technologies in different forms till they perfect the new tech. is ready.

Titan is not like ares mate. Its a reference card and is not limited edition. It will be sold just like 680 and 690.

Asus Ares series costs 2x that of titan, but still titan is costly, but a gaming setup incl. titan can be made for 120k I think, and many of us here have a system worth that much, just for example you have a 7950 card which costs 20k, I have a few friends who would think you are completely nuts for buying a graphic card for 20k and most of them could afford it easily, its just how you prioritize things. Same could be said for someone buying a 1 lakh bicycle, or a davioff perfume, cheaper things will get the job done, but still people buy it, I can bet the titan will sell like hotcake, not as much as cheaper cards, but nvidia would be able to clear stocks easily, remember the 8800 Ultra? It costed as much but sold like hotcake.

Brilliantly put mate.:toast: Affordability varies from person to person.
A guy who can afford a 7970 cf or even a 7950cf won't mind going for a single titan. Manufacturers make gpu's from a global perspective and not only for indian markets.

My brother who's currently in singapore working in wipro tech said half of his colleagues and some singaporean friends had a 7970 cf and he had the least horsepower ( 955be +6850 cyclone). :grin:

I honestly don't think the titan to be a niche product. Its sure expensive for most but will find a lot of buyers imo.:)

8800 Ultra sold at high price because of lack of competition. Even GCN cards were priced higher than usual until Kepler came to market.

Yeah this is true too. Competition might bring down the price a couple of notches.
But nvidia rarely drops prices like amd does.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
So...its gonna be not that costly as aries but is from same generation of keplar.Does its come with dx 11.1. I know some of the features of dx can be emulated in software..but still does it come with it or not.
When is the refresh of new age cards coming out ?
Is it really the refresh or old things packed in new cartons????

tkin

Back to school!!
So...its gonna be not that costly as aries but is from same generation of keplar.Does its come with dx 11.1. I know some of the features of dx can be emulated in software..but still does it come with it or not.
When is the refresh of new age cards coming out ?
Is it really the refresh or old things packed in new cartons????
Well its different, first it has all the compute engines enabled, so no more lag in compute, like maya etc(unless they cripple it in drivers), not sure about DX11.1 but some features of DX11.1 can be achieved with DX11 hardware, DX11.1 is more like a forced specification, don't see games using it much, just like DX10.1, only a few games like HAWX etc ever used it.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
I was to know......there was a mentioned of ray tracing features in directx 11.....i see no mentioned in dx11 & dx11.1....
Will it be implemented in future revisions of dx11.
Is this already implemented in southern islands & keplar.

Or next gen would able to handle ray tracing better.....!
I meant something developed using this accelerators will have a hard time on our current lineup of gpu's
I stumbled upon this news on tech-powerup about ray tracing accelerators for imagination....here have a look and i dont think our current lineup of gpu's have dedicated ray tracing chip embedded.
link: Imagination Ships Caustic Series2 R2500 and R2100 Ray Tracing Accelerators | techPowerUp

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I was to know......there was a mentioned of ray tracing features in directx 11.....i see no mentioned in dx11 & dx11.1....
Will it be implemented in future revisions of dx11.
Is this already implemented in southern islands & keplar.

Or next gen would able to handle ray tracing better.....!
I meant something developed using this accelerators will have a hard time on our current lineup of gpu's
I stumbled upon this news on tech-powerup about ray tracing accelerators for imagination....here have a look and i dont think our current lineup of gpu's have dedicated ray tracing chip embedded.
link: Imagination Ships Caustic Series2 R2500 and R2100 Ray Tracing Accelerators | techPowerUp
Ray tracing does not need dedicated hardware, GPUs could do this through OpenCL or CUDA, but not in real time, you could do it, if you had nVidia hardware: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/142998-nvidia-design-garage-thread-raytracing-made-easy.html
And real time ray tracing is still impossible on consumer hardware, even the Tesla GPU's can't do it, huge amount of processing power needed, and due to that its useless to include a dedicated ray tracing pathway in direct X.

Intel tried to pull it off with Larabee, but we all know how that turned out, maybe by 2018 ray tracing will be available to run in generic consumer hardware and if news are to be believed intel will probably make the breakthrough, they had been pushing that envelope forever.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
I know it does not need a dedicated hardware but it would surely increase computational load on the gpu....
I was reading topics on ray tracing.....Nvidia had been developing ray tracing engine under the name of "OPTIX"...they demonstrated that in 2009.
It is being used for real time applications...so i think it might be feature point in upcoming or next gen hardware...!
We will see that in effect by 2015...i hope coz the realism using ray tracing is awesome....though in still image but its awesome....

link:Ray tracing (graphics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
link:OptiX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

tkin

Back to school!!
I know it does not need a dedicated hardware but it would surely increase computational load on the gpu....
I was reading topics on ray tracing.....Nvidia had been developing ray tracing engine under the name of "OPTIX"...they demonstrated that in 2009.
It is being used for real time applications...so i think it might be feature point in upcoming or next gen hardware...!
We will see that in effect by 2015...i hope coz the realism using ray tracing is awesome....though in still image but its awesome....

link:Ray tracing (graphics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
link:OptiX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Optix is not hardware, its an engine and Design garage runs on Optix(check: *developer.nvidia.com/optix-interactive-examples ), afaik no one except intel is trying to make dedicated ray tracing hardware(larabee), nVidia wants everything to be done via CUDA, amd doesn't have r&d budget so its only intel who's left, since next gen consoles will have rasterization, its expected that except intel no one will even try to make ray tracing hardware and also no games will be made because be frank, who will make a pc exclusive game using a new engine which will not run on consoles, and there are no commercial real time ray tracing game engine made or in development. Maybe after 2020, the hardware will come by 2018, but except for designer studios no one will use them, certainly not game developers(maybe one or two sponsored game by intel), our fates had been sealed with next gen consoles.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Optix is not hardware, its an engine and Design garage runs on Optix(check: *developer.nvidia.com/optix-interactive-examples ), afaik no one except intel is trying to make dedicated ray tracing hardware(larabee), nVidia wants everything to be done via CUDA, amd doesn't have r&d budget so its only intel who's left, since next gen consoles will have rasterization, its expected that except intel no one will even try to make ray tracing hardware and also no games will be made because be frank, who will make a pc exclusive game using a new engine which will not run on consoles, and there are no commercial real time ray tracing game engine made or in development. Maybe after 2020, the hardware will come by 2018, but except for designer studios no one will use them, certainly not game developers(maybe one or two sponsored game by intel), our fates had been sealed with next gen consoles.

Actually i said its an engine...read second line in the para again....!
As said PC gaming's fate is sealed by consoles.....but that didnt stop crytek from making crysis on dx10 hardware...though dx10 was a dud but they made a wonderful game,
There will be many studios who will try something new at some point of time, Ray tracing would be a far fetch idea for real time (games,apps) but there could be a alternative in the near future for it.
You never know.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
GeForce GTX Titan Inbound, Already Listed at Online Retailer

Here comes the Titan.........:twisted:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
And I will beat you up and take your Titan away :p

dont worry tkin, i will fetch it back you...once am back to India i'll definitely have one...for serious. Also I'm learning Indonesian martial art to counter "PatolDanga" jutsu....

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Sapphire released new TriXX version 4.6................ It didnt solved my hd7950 vapor-x problem with vcore over/under volting...other hd7950 vapor-x owners can try it out.

Still Its a good overclocking utility for all Amd gpu's.........Link below:-

*www.sapphireselectclub.com/ssc/TriXX/TriXX.aspx

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Nope its not. Msi afterburner is the best along with evga precision coz both share the riva-tuner engine.

You can try afterburner mate. Its on par or even better than asus gpu tweak.

*www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/445-graphics-overclocking-software-tips-tools.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom