GPU NEWS Channel

somebodysme

Journeyman
Doubt it came to india, get MSI GTX580 Lightning instead, its as good as the matrix or better with extensive oc support using MSI AB.

Thanks for suggestion, I will take a look at it.
__________________________________________________ ____
i7 2600k | ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z | Vengeance 2x4GB | Seasonic X850W | Seagate 500GB + 1TB | SilverStone RV01 | Corsair H80 | Razer Abyssus + Cyclosa | APC BR1000 IN

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now this is called next-gen. ;)

Xbox 720 may have AMD HD6670 graphics | KitGuru

So its AMD in two of the next-gen consoles, what's cooking for PS4? ;)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Console gamers can now hope for a Crysis 2 Special DX11 edition, just like the original Crysis. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Now this is called next-gen. ;)

Xbox 720 may have AMD HD6670 graphics | KitGuru

So its AMD in two of the next-gen consoles, what's cooking for PS4? ;)
So, the PC remains faster, this wasn't the case last gen, consoles at lunch had good graphics, but...

Looks like I'll hang onto my lightning for a long long time.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
After nVIDIA, AMD also started selling defective chips in the guise of 6930:-

Quiet Hit: HIS Radeon HD 6930 IceQ X 1 GB Graphics Card Review - X-bit labs

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
So, the PC remains faster, this wasn't the case last gen, consoles at lunch had good graphics, but...

Looks like I'll hang onto my lightning for a long long time.

Not entirely true, consoles don't have the level of abstraction that PC's need to have in order to run games (necessary as PC's come in different flavors). This abstraction makes games not perform as good as they will on console with similar hardware. So you may need a new graphics card to run the upcoming gen games properly on your PC, and don't forget the sh1tty ports PC platform gets. :D

tkin

Back to school!!
Not entirely true, consoles don't have the level of abstraction that PC's need to have in order to run games (necessary as PC's come in different flavors). This abstraction makes games not perform as good as they will on console with similar hardware. So you may need a new graphics card to run the upcoming gen games properly on your PC, and don't forget the sh1tty ports PC platform gets. :D
You're forgetting I have a 580 Lightning :wink:

But I do agree with the abstraction part, but I believe such abstraction is present in consoles as well, low level hardware access makes system vulnerable to hard faults, abstraction can save it from crashing if the game fails.

divyam

PSN- GiGzMo
HD7850 and HD7870 Here...
AMD Radeon HD 7870 And 7850 Review: Pitcairn Gets Benchmarked : Radeon HD 7870 and 7850: A Paper Launch by Any Other Name

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't stop myself from sharing these pics:- ;)

Voodoo 2 with original SLI:-

*www.hardocp.com/images/news/1331760288eCukEWbdvF_1_1_l.jpg

*www.fifthelement.net/3dfxPC/3dfxPC2.JPG

And that's Unreal Gold running on the setup.

*i36.photobucket.com/albums/e40/r3v3nant/PC%20MODDING/IMG_0250.jpg

That's the dual GPU Voodoo 5, the last of 3dfx, probably the 1st card which require an external power connector. Above one is the previously mentioned Voodoo 2 and followed by the more commonplace GeForce 3.

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/DeusExcalibur/IMG_0248.jpg

Canopus Spectra 2500 with nVIDIA Riva TNT chipset.

*i42.photobucket.com/albums/e331/lunarx3dfx/3dfx/IMG_20120314_225939.jpg

Finally, ATi Rage Fury Maxx & Kyro II

If you want to see more, head on here:-

Reviving an old 3DFX powered PC - [H]ard|Forum

Tenida

Gadget Freak
ZOTAC Announces GeForce GTX 560 SE
*i.imgur.com/aQohX.jpg

ZOTAC Announces GeForce GTX 560 SE | techPowerUp

General details

- New ZOTAC GeForce GTX 560 SE graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU
- Engine clock: 746 MHz
- 288 unified shaders
- Shader clock: 1,492 MHz
- 1 GB GDDR5 memory
- Memory clock: 3828 MHz
- 192-bit memory interface
- Dual DVI, HDMI & DisplayPort outputs
- DirectX 11 technology & Shader Model 5.0
- OpenGL 4.2 compatible
- Hardware-accelerated Full HD video playback
- Blu-ray 3D ready
- Loss-less audio bitstream capable
- TrackMania 2 Canyon 3-Day Game Pass included
*i.imgur.com/p0mS2.jpg

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
any news on GTX 660/660 Ti

BTW came across this . Thunderbolt + external graphics cards

Thunderbolt Technology Introduction

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
MSI GeForce GTX 680 Lightning is perhaps the fastest Gtx 680 out there. The one thing that makes it stand out of the 680 crowd is its ability to tweak voltage which was missing in the Kepler lineup. In the default bios, it reached 1286 mhz with voltage tweaking.

Doing so puts it at almost the same clocks achieved by a 7970 max overclocked which was 1280 mhz. At these clocks, 680 was a bit faster in all titles than 7970. But there's more:

The lightning version also sports an LN2 bios which further takes the clocks to a whooping 1310mhz and it extends its lead in all titles further.

So the inability to tweak voltages made the 680's fall short of max clocks achieved by 7970's and msi has addressed this issue in its latest lightning card. The best gtx 680 that money can buy.

Source

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Here comes the review of the mighty monster sub-$300 category "THE NVIDIA GT660TI"
Overall it is faster than Amd's hd78xx series and beats the hd7950 by a mere-margin in every game....!!!!!!
The review can be taken by a pinch of salt ....coz its the only review..sure when many reviews will start to popup then we can jump to conclusion....till then mighty for the price range in the sub $300 category.....!!!!!

read the whole review here: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 Ti 2GB Reference Video Card Review :: TweakTown USA Edition

Final para in the review:
"I suppose the best news for AMD is that since NVIDIA choose to be such a pain in the behind to us, they've got two weeks heads up on what to expect with this new part before it officially launches. The problem for AMD, though, is that while this card is priced at levels around the HD 7850 and HD 7870, its performance is around that of the HD 7950 and HD 7970. You combine this with the fact that AMD really don't have any more room to move on price due to recent price drops. We really do wonder what AMD can do. NVIDIA do this excellent job of taking on multiple AMD models with just one video card and in this case, we see that happening again."

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
The review can be taken by a pinch of salt ....coz its the only review

Tweaktown is in rival with Nvidia since the kepler launch. If u see the first GTX 680 review, thats the beginning of the rival. Also they have mentioned this
NVIDIA simply don't have enough respect towards us to support us on the high-end models and choose to only come out and play with us on the mid-range and lower ones. This is obvious by the fact we still haven't tested a GTX 690.

So I think we can trust tweaktown :D

On Topic: imagine reference card did sooo much @ this price point, we ll see a blast in non reference model :)

Top Bottom