GPU NEWS Channel

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
With the Recent launch of nvidia's 660-ti....it has killed two birds with one stone......pricing wise killed hd7870 and performance wise killed hd7950!!!!!!!!
I wonder how 650ti / 660 would perform now...though keplar and southern islands are little older tech now........!
but better for next year or so....!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Amazing performance at the price.

Its good to see custom versions coming out from different board makers on launch day. According to nvidia, there's no reference version of 660-ti. Here are some reviews:

GALAXY GeForce GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB Video Card Review(hardocp)

MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition 2 GB

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 Ti AMP! Edition 2 GB

tomshardware

anandtech

hardwarecannucks

Gigabyte's GTX 660 Ti (techspot)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
I'm guessing the GTX660 3GB is having uniform memory architecture unlike the 2GB versions hence performance will be more persistent across the range.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yeah you're right buddy. That galaxy is the best 660-ti out there.

Though i find tomshardware results questionable as compared to all others. Techpowerup tested the same card and got results similar to what other reviewers say.

660-ti beats a 7870 handsdown across all benchmarks and only tomshardware show otherwise. I'm starting to doubt on their reviews.

They seem to favour amd this gen.

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Went through a lot of benchmarks of this card..
The GTX 660Ti looks good, and if it will be priced at around 17k then I am guessing it should sell like hot cakes considering it performs much better than the other cards in that price bracket..
I wonder what Asus will charge for it's version of the 660 ti.?!!
:mr green:

amjath

Human Spambot
^^ Yeah you're right buddy. That galaxy is the best 660-ti out there.

Though i find tomshardware results questionable as compared to all others. Techpowerup tested the same card and got results similar to what other reviewers say.

660-ti beats a 7870 handsdown across all benchmarks and only tomshardware show otherwise. I'm starting to doubt on their reviews.

They seem to favour amd this gen.

My friend owns a galaxy card which is about 6 year old [forgot the number], good performer. He had a fan issue once and fixed it in few days.

But this galaxy 660ti is awesome. Got to see how Asus top version performs

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
My friend owns a galaxy card which is about 6 year old [forgot the number], good performer. He had a fan issue once and fixed it in few days.

Here you go mate :)

Asus GTX 660 Ti DCU II Top review (benchmark reviews)

ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II 2 GB (techpowerup)

Asus GTX 660 Ti Direct CU II TOP Review (kitguru)

It beats a stock 7950 consistently. Brilliant performer.

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
^ i could see a lot of hate for cutting down the memory bit interface to 192 bit. Is it anyway gonna hurt the future games :/

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well its not that much of a con now. But it affects anti-aliasing performance in shader heavy titles as a full ROP is disabled along with a 64 bit memory controller.

But there's a plus side as well. In future, if txaa becomes as popular as fxaa, then we can see aa techniques do away with utilizing large memory bandwidth and a shorter bus with less bandwidth will matter relatively less.

So this move was necessary to bring the 660-ti's price level a hundred dollars down compared to a 670 but keeping the no. of sp's intact.

No problems in fullhd gaming and that is where this card is targetted.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ thx for the info.
BTW Asus yet again takes the leadership in 660 ti damn

Here is a review which compares ASUS, Galaxy & MSI 600 ti's.

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_gtx_660ti_roundup_asus_msi_galaxy/17.htm

IMO ASUS AND MSI is the best choice out there in 660 ti's

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
What can be said regarding the avaliability of the 660-ti in India ......
Zotac one is present but they are seriously overcharging(though the product has just been released)
When could be the msi PE be avaliable in India..?

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101

Even I have a 6 year old Geforce 7600GS 256MB card , and it still works :wink:

Top Bottom