GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
i choose 6950 1GB over TFII.

but now i am inclined towards HAWK. reason is i want a TFIII cooler :-D. and 6950 TFIII will be 16k(4k over my initial budget). so i am settling with HAWK which will cost me 14600 inc. shipping (2.6k over my initial budget).

That's an excellent choice. Really, you'll never miss the performance of a 6950 1gb because that card has an insane 950mhz clock speed out of the box. You don't even need to further overclock at fullhd.

Congrats again.:smile:

What next ? Bulldozer!!!! :wink:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Jassy pg.11 now :grin: & our hero finally has finally decided his GPU.

@batman, next maybe a CPU cooler (if not bulldozer).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Jassy, great choice buddy...The Twin Frozr III cooler will allow you to overclockn check.more while keeping the temperature on check.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, his rig is ready for some good OCing with a good cpu cooler ;-)

@ Jas - post some HOT pics of the gfx card once you get it ;-)

BTW, edited the thread title for this babe :

*cdn5.tweaktown.com/content/4/0/x4049_06_msi_geforce_gtx_560_ti_hawk_video_card_review.jpg.pagespeed.ic.twg-wl0Ur_.jpg

pic courtesy of tweaktown.com

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@tkin
thanks for info.

@batman and sammy
thanks guys.
up next ram. i am still stuck with G.skill 2GB DDR3 1333Mhz:))

@cilus
thanks buddy.

@TP
thanks. yeah that card has one of best looking coolers imo. :-D
will surely post pics once i get it.

today will send a mail to smc.

see this guys -
MSI Global – News

N560GTX-Ti Hawk Is a Dual Overclocking Champion: 3DMark 11 and Unigine Heaven (DX11)
While the N580GTX Lightning is equipped with superior overclocking capabilities, the power of MSI's N560GTX-Ti Hawk is not to be underestimated, either. The Belgian overclocker Massman applied LN2 extreme overclocking with MSI's N560GTX-Ti Hawk to raise the core frequency to a whopping 1500Mz— the highest for the GTX 560 Ti yet—and set a world record for a single-card GTX 560 Ti on 3DMark 11 with a score of 7611. In addition, its score of 1652.71 on Unigine Heaven (DX11) has also broken the single-card GTX 560 Ti world record, making N560GTX-Ti Hawk a dual champion.
:twisted:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guru3D has OCed the 6950 TFIII over 1GHz on air. So under LN2, it should reach much higher. Nice cooler is this. Would really love to get one, when I would go for CFX. And also a cooler running card at the top slot helps. :)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Guru3D has OCed the 6950 TFIII over 1GHz on air. So under LN2, it should reach much higher. Nice cooler is this. Would really love to get one, when I would go for CFX. And also a cooler running card at the top slot helps. :)

exactly. these power editions, hawks, lightnings are too good.

HAWK over 1GHz -
Overclocking - MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP

6970 Lightning over 1GHz -
Overclocking - MSI R6970 Lightning Video Card Review | [H]ard|OCP

580 Lightning at 950 from 772 -
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning review

580 Lightning XE at 961 -
MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme edition review

:twisted:

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ The TFIII cooler is the beast, also the redesigned power phase is great, so is the vrm cooling, you wouldn't believe how effective vrm cooling is, on my lightning the vrms never cross 65c even under max load(crysis 2, design garage, metro 2033), thats just the vrms, the stuff that supposed to go 100c in gpus, memory never crosses 60c, its so damn cool.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ The TFIII cooler is the beast, also the redesigned power phase is great, so is the vrm cooling, you wouldn't believe how effective vrm cooling is, on my lightning the vrms never cross 65c even under max load(crysis 2, design garage, metro 2033), thats just the vrms, the stuff that supposed to go 100c in gpus, memory never crosses 60c, its so damn cool.

tkin great.

now can someone give me some patience tips :hyper:

see this guys -

Dear Sir,

The Graphic Card you ordered is not in stock the expected arrival in stock would be by next week. Kindly check with us after one week and then proceed with payment.

Write back to us in case of any query.

Thank You for your time, and have a great deal!

Warm Regards,
SMC Support Team

:x:x:x
now i have to do that damn thing - WAIT:x

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hey Jas I know I'm late for this but still : Congrats for GS600 PSU!!Nice purchase.
I couldn't log in 'cause of some problems & just started visiting the forum very recently & gotta catch up a lot!!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just One week? I waited for almost a month to get my 6950 :)) and that after making payment. :mad:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Be patient buddy. As you know:

"Every Night has its Dawn..."

Lines from the Song Every Rose has its thorn By POISON

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song ;)

Jas will sing a week later. Hawk's song. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pretty old, that Design Garage. And this is the direct link:-

NVIDIA Cool Stuff

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
its launched with GTX400 series skud. but i will experiance now. :-D

seems pretty interesting after seeing the thread made by tkin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom