GPU Voltage: 1.1V
Fan Speed: Automatic
Software used: TriXX

Temps while idle: 48-49C
Temps while running Crysis 2: 77-78C

Temps at stock speed:-
IDLE: 47-48C
LOAD (Crysis 2): 76-77C

So up to this point not much problem. Beyond this I might have to increase the voltage, and I am bit hesitant do that. Will try to see the upper limit without voltage tweak and its effect on temps.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Can you please use msi afterburner buddy? The results in it are a bit transparent. Evga precision will be even better.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have to hack it as it doesn't allow over CCC limit. Temps reading are via AfterBurner though. Screens coming. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what's the decision?

OK, screens:-

OCed Idle:-
*lh3.googleusercontent.com/-21-HfXBMu88/Tgs9PIHnU7I/AAAAAAAAAOc/hNRqSIE5xBM/s1280/OC%252520idle.png

OCed Crysis 2:-
*lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wt_6oaKOZs8/Tgs4Q-OOBBI/AAAAAAAAAOU/6SZXV9Toi7s/s1280/crysis%2525202%252520OC.png

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Well that's a reference 560-ti. Factory overclocked 560's are in a different league.

GTX 560Ti OCed versions are already milked out.

Remember, HD6950 has not even been overclocked. So that's where the match starts.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ skud

Nice job buddy. So it does reach 80c at full load. Have you set the fan speed to 70% or its set at auto? Its not alarming but is hot. Btw what fps are you getting?

@ comp@ddict

Msi 560-ti is nowhere near milked out. You can further oc that to 50mhz or even more. the twin frozr II cooler is that good and works best both for 560 and 6950 versions.

Check the oc potential of 560-ti twin frozr II here. Now you can say its sufficiently milked out. But a user doesn't have to oc it insanely. Another 40-50mhz is fine and quite easily attainable.

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 560Ti OCed versions are already milked out.

Remember, HD6950 has not even been overclocked. So that's where the match starts.

That's a valid point. Problem is that Jas is limited by the budget, otherwise the MSI 6950 TFIII would have been a killer choice.

@ skud

Nice job buddy. So it does reach 80c at full load. Have you set the fan speed to 70% or its set at auto? Its not alarming but is hot. Btw what fps are you getting?

@ comp@ddict

Msi 560-ti is nowhere near milked out. You can further oc that to 50mhz or even more. the twin frozr II cooler is that good and works best both for 560 and 6950 versions.

Thanks Vicky. I didn't measure the fps as with my stock E7400 its somewhat meaningless. And as mentioned earlier, fan speed was set to auto. 80C is not much of a problem for the 69xx cards. I think without increasing voltage, 850/1300 is a safe limit for the Sapphire card and the increase in temps was by just 1-2C over default clocks.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Agreed. Twin frozr III 6950 is a killer choice. No doubt and is actually the safest 6950 to oc. It can go past a 6970 and gtx 570 easily. And not to forget that 2gb vram which will come in handy in the upcoming shader heavy titles.

Msi 6950 twin frozr II is also a great choice. Its load temps are just 60c and its 10mhz factory overclocked. Guru 3d guys took it around 987mhz alongwith a slight voltage tweak.

@ jas

Buddy my suggestion will be to go for the msi 6950 twin frozr II instead. It will allow you to harness the raw power of a 6950 properly. But if budget is severly limited, then stick with msi gtx 560-ti twin frozr II.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Finally, its your call.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ No shipping is not included for all products. My brother who lives in pune recently ordered msi 6850 cyclone, cm elite 430, corsair 4gb xms3, wd 1tb green and gigabyte 880gm ud3h-usb3 from smc.

He had to pay around 1k shipping in total.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shipping depends on the total weight of the products, so more products means more shipping.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes that's true. Ordering a single card won't cost that much. Within 200-300 bucks i suppose.

rchi84

In the zone
ok Jas, since you asked, This is my result with Crysis 2, on ultra, everything maxed out..

*i52.tinypic.com/bfj9ld.jpg

and

*i55.tinypic.com/2iayhs6.jpg

This is with a custom profile, and I used afterburner's OSD since it's convenient

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Excellent buddy. It really looks amazing. Saw you screenshots in the crysis 2 thread too. They were amazing as well.

Btw the gigabyte card stays pretty cool. At 61c load temp and that too with 99% gpu usage, the cooler is really something.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
lol, I honestly think this thread has run for soooo long. :p 10 pages? ;)
^^ No shipping is not included for all products. My brother who lives in pune recently ordered msi 6850 cyclone, cm elite 430, corsair 4gb xms3, wd 1tb green and gigabyte 880gm ud3h-usb3 from smc.

He had to pay around 1k shipping in total.
Pune has octroi. :)

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Agreed. Twin frozr III 6950 is a killer choice. No doubt and is actually the safest 6950 to oc. It can go past a 6970 and gtx 570 easily. And not to forget that 2gb vram which will come in handy in the upcoming shader heavy titles.

Msi 6950 twin frozr II is also a great choice. Its load temps are just 60c and its 10mhz factory overclocked. Guru 3d guys took it around 987mhz alongwith a slight voltage tweak.

@ jas

Buddy my suggestion will be to go for the msi 6950 twin frozr II instead. It will allow you to harness the raw power of a 6950 properly. But if budget is severly limited, then stick with msi gtx 560-ti twin frozr II.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Finally, its your call.

if i could i would have gone for 6950 TFII or TFIII without asking in the forum :-D. but limited budget.

lol, I honestly think this thread has run for soooo long. :p 10 pages? ;-)

:mrgreen::wink:

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Check the oc potential of 560-ti twin frozr II here. Now you can say its sufficiently milked out. But a user doesn't have to oc it insanely. Another 40-50mhz is fine and quite easily attainable.

its GTX560 non ti.

here is 560 ti - MSI N560GTX Ti Twin Frozer II review

but what those overclocks g3d receive are too much! i think they receive selected chips or whatever.
eg -*www.guru3d.com/article/msi-r6950-twin-frozr-ii-oc-review/22
6950 TFII reaches 987mhz here.
now see this -
Overclock3D :: Review :: MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II Review :: Test Setup and Overclocking
just 895mhz!!

so maybe it depends on luck which chip you got...!

rchi nice temps on oc on stock cooler.

so, what's the decision?

skud still deciding.

but buddy see rchi's temps. why dont you set fan profile to 70% and see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom