GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hello everyone :razz:

i am getting a new gpu for around 12k (finally :-D). and ofcourse eying HD6870.

Sapphire Radeon HD6870 1GB Graphic card

*img705.imageshack.us/img705/8439/sapphireradeon4da567b85.jpg

sadly msi is 13.7k :sad: -
MSI R6870 2PM2D1GD5

so shall i send a mail to smc if they have updated msi price or not?

and my current config :arrow:

AMD Athlon II x4 635
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
G.Skill 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
WDC Green 500GB
HP DVD Writer
FSP Saga II 400w
CM Elite 430
DELL ST2220L

i will upgrade psu later and wont oc on current one.

so your comments and suggestions:arrow:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ finally eh? :smile:

GTX560 will be launched in less than a month. so if you can wait 1 month, i am sure the card price will be down to 11.5k. GTX 560 reportedly coming on May 17

Cilus

laborare est orare
May be, but I don't think it is gonna provide some revolutionary performance. Remember, some factory Oced version of HD 6870 even catch a GTX 560 Ti in clock speed. So HD 6870 is looking the most attractive for now.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Jas

Buddy finally you are making the move :grin:. Okay i won't recommend the 560 (upcoming) because of your psu. 400w is kind of insufficient and fsp saga II series are not underrated like corsair cx400 or vx 450.

6870 is a powerful gpu and will suffice all your requirements. I know this better than anyone here (apart from cilus) because i have seen how his single gpu performed. Metro ran on very high and dx11 settings.

So no doubt your choice is brilliant cause it simply has no competitor at that price. Check yantra online for 6870 cause its 12.5k for the sapphire version.

So make your move :smile:.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
May be, but I don't think it is gonna provide some revolutionary performance. Remember, some factory Oced version of HD 6870 even catch a GTX 560 Ti in clock speed. So HD 6870 is looking the most attractive for now.

ok i should have been more clear. what i was saying is GTX560 should drive the price of HD6870 to 11-11.5k mark when launched.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
Ahh...good for you bro.
And on that note, even I am thinking of getting a sapphire HD6870/6950. afaik no other brand is givin more competitive prices than sapphire right now. But the problem is that i live in a small town (village, Wardha), and sapphire is not available here and not even at big cities like Nagpur. The only brand that vendors sell is asus (aaa-sus) and fairly i didnt like their prices. Why, a friend of mine was looted into buying Asus HD6850 for Freaking 14350/- (honestly!).
So does anyone knows where I could get a 6870 piece locally cause i am really not into buying online. And neither do I kno what would be the shipment cost from delhi/mumbai to nagpur/wardha.
Now, have you considered 6950? Am not sure but 1Gb one is available @ 2.2 k more 2GB one, @ 3.5-4k. So thats really adding up the confusion cause I dont think anyone would like to compensate 7-10 (upto 15 and more at some games, less civilization 4) points of frames per second for just two grands.
Yea I know you have a not-so-quite-powerful psu to power 6950, but that'll be a lame excuse, no?
What say?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks everyone here :-D

guys as toad mentioned i am in a big fix. whether to save up 2k more for a 69501gb and sell out my current psu for 1k~ and add another 1k for saga II 500w. but saving takes time :-(

how many of you think i should save up?

and what do you all think of this - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/138768-southern-islands-hd-7000-series-maybe-june-july.html
wait???

vizkid2005

In the zone
@ Jas :
As I learnt it myself ... Never wait for technology ...
When I bought my rig(In November end last year) I was planning to buy the 6870 which was freshly launched ... It hadn`t arrived in the market ..

I used to hav atleast 2 trips ro Lamington Road or atleast 5 calls per week to the Lamington road guys for checking the availablilty ... Then came the 6900 series .. Now I`m doing the same for that card ...
U see .. U shuld never wait ...

Buy whats best at ur time ..
Now the only reason I`m waiting is that I have my exams coming ...

Time , Tide and Technology wait for no man !!!! - Vizkid Shakespeare ....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
guys as toad mentioned i am in a big fix. whether to save up 2k more for a 69501gb and sell out my current psu for 1k~ and add another 1k for saga II 500w. but saving takes time :-(

how many of you think i should save up?

you'll need around 2-2.5k for PSU & another 12.5-13k for GPU (HD6950). forget southern island. they won't be here till Christmas. so 15k or more.

My advice: go for HD6870 custom.

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
@jaz-What psu are you planning to buy?
And you sure you'll be getting 1k for selling your psu??
@everyone - my point is not to wait for new tech, but to get the best thing you can when you get one.

Piyush

Lanaya
@jas...if those speculations are true(i mean june-july thing)...then wait for them
meanwhile you will be saving money too.....and by that time , the prices will drop a bit
so its a win-win situation if you wait for july

@sam
hehehe....there are tons more to come

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
vizkid you are right. let me think more.

toad if i get 1k then i will spend another 1k for FSP Saga II 500w.

sammy thanks again.

baba nice idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom