Piyush

Lanaya
i calculated jassy's requirement of wattage

i considered 560 ti along with 2 HDD, 1 ODD, 3*120mm fans
and it came out to be a little less than 400W

NOW recommend accordingly

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Vx 450 is no ordinary 450 psu. Its a 500watt+ unit and is underrated. After seeing topgear's analysis, i think 450 can easily handle athlon2 x4 +gtx 560-ti considering the power consumption will be some 260-270 watt at full load.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
TP nice post(rep+). considering that, a Corsair VX450W will suffice for me.

and considering Latest graphics card power requirements
i need 31 amp minimum. and VX450 has 33 amps on 12v+ rail.

but at theitwares VX450 is unavailable. at prime its 3.9k.
and GS600 is 4.1k at prime.

about GS600 -
On Corsair PSUs - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
The PSH units (VX550/TX750/TX850) are also solidly mid-range. The 750W and 850W are at the maximum of what the PSH platform can provide, and so their performance is less than stellar, especially when it comes to +12V ripple. The VX550 is outclassed by cheaper power supplies, and the TX750 and TX850 aren't usually good bang/buck either, though they are fairly reliable. The GS units are yet to be released; they're basically cheaper versions of the TX/VX line. Compare them to the PSH unit 50W lower, and that's the performance they'll get. They also use a mix of Chinese and Japanese caps, rather than all Japanese.

and PSH unit 50w less than GS600 is Corsair VX550W.

and hardware secrets and techpowerup mentioned GS800 as good psu.

so i think i should go with GS600.
and it will be a bit more futureproof i suppose.

what say?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Superb analysis, topgear bro! Even considering the power consumption difference of SSD and HDD, a VX450 or Saga II 500 seems more than sufficient for Jas. Let others comment on this.

yep, a saga 500 should handle a gtx 560 ti + athlon ii x4 but who will bite the bullet and use it with a GTX 560 ti anyway ;-)

Vx 450 is no ordinary 450 psu. Its a 500watt+ unit and is underrated. After seeing topgear's analysis, i think 450 can easily handle athlon2 x4 +gtx 560-ti considering the power consumption will be some 260-270 watt at full load.

VX450W is more than enough to handle jas's cpu+upcoming gpu.

Please have a look at this forum from Toms hardware.

that's a nine link.

TP nice post(rep+). considering that, a Corsair VX450W will suffice for me.

and considering Latest graphics card power requirements
i need 31 amp minimum. and VX450 has 33 amps on 12v+ rail.

but at theitwares VX450 is unavailable. at prime its 3.9k.
and GS600 is 4.1k at prime.

about GS600 -
On Corsair PSUs - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

and PSH unit 50w less than GS600 is Corsair VX550W.

and hardware secrets and techpowerup mentioned GS800 as good psu.

so i think i should go with GS600.
and it will be a bit more futureproof i suppose.

what say?

I don' think you need 31A even under full load ( while running a resource hungry game ) - anandtech and guru3d guys had :

GTX 560 Ti + core i7 920 @ 3.33 = 317W
GTX 560 Ti + core i7 965 @ 3.65 = 321W

with some cabby, water cooling and and other accessories on their rig.

So with a Athlon II x4 + gtx 560 Ti your power consumption will be less for sure - let's say it's 270W/280W and if you consider leaving 10% more power space as a safe buffer this will be 310W.

So from the analysis we can see a CX400 or even a FSP Saga II 500 can handle such combo.

BUT - if you plan to OC the GPU later then steer clear from these PSUs and get that GS600 as power consumption will rise once you start OCing a GTX 560 Ti and I don't see any reason for not doing it anyway - you will get GTX 570 level performance for free.

BTW, guys how good is this one :

SeaSonic SS-500ES 500W (34A ) @ 3.2k - the price and power rating is just awesome ;-)

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
hey topgear it will be difficult to reach 570 level performance on air.

each chip behaves differently so he will need a very good chip for 570 level performance.

however he should be able to come up to 85-90% of the performance.

i diagree about that FSP PSU.you have to take in mind the capacitor aging.if the manufacturer recommends that you need x amount of amps,then it is the minimum you should get,and if it was me,at least 5A more than what they recommend.

better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom