GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Warranty matters guys. Corsair offers 5 years on vx450w and seasonic 3yrs on s12ii 520w.

So i am finalizing vx450 as seasonic not available.
Is seasonic there on prime??

Vx 450 is a terrific psu. Its underrated and actually is a 500w unit. At full load it can give 570 watts and its 12v rail provides 33amp of current. Currently i have this psu and i am extremely happy with it.

It can easily power a 6870 and even a 6950 easily. But can't speak about gtx 560 cause it consumes more power. Let others comment on this one.

Cilus

laborare est orare
VX 450 is around 3.5K I guess. And since you are opting for GTX 560 Ti,which is little power hungry, to be on safer side, get the Corsair GS600 available @ 4K only in primeabgb.. It has above average build quality, 3 Yrs of warranty, 80+ certification and most importantly it provides 48 A current on 12V rail. So you can actually rest in peace.

It is available @ theitdepot.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have no idea on this one so just asking - are GS series better than VX series?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, check some reviews some regarding Corsair GS series. I have checked review of the Corsair GS800 in overclockersonline and it has excellent rating compared to its price. Through out the test, it provides excellent voltage regulation and 80+ performance, in fact 85% at the half load of the maximum.
So it is a better choice for for high end rig compared to VX 450.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Yes i totally agree. Gs series are not bad psu's like their cx (except cx400) lineup. Its not their topline product but not bad either. They are very good and comes with 3 years warranty.

@ jaskanwar

You should go for the Corsair gs 600 for a gtx 560 TF II.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Jas

If thats the case, get Tagan Stonerock series or Seasonic 520D. I know it's available in the market and if you dig a bit more, sure you will get that.

Cilus

laborare est orare
JAs has already confirmed that he will not go for Tagan Stonerock as it offers only 1 Yr of warranty

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
@Jas
Don't go for warranty always. Tagan is also a reputed brand and you can trust as much as Corsair. But still if you afraid that you will blow up PSU someday, then get Seasonic atleast. Don't tell that Seasonic is available at xxx stores. Go to market and search.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
GS series is not the best around but its total vfm.they dont have Japanese caps but from what I've heard(not verified so dont ask for proof) they are solid-state nevertheless.

The GS series is 80 Plus silver rated,making them very good buys in a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom