Not open for further replies.
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
guys budget is strict 14k now.

i have two options -
Sapphire HD6950 1GB - 14k from theitwares
MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC - 13.9k from smc(currently out of stock, will be available next week with them)

sadly 6950 2GB out of budget :-(

so give your opinions.

will check asus cards with rashi tomorrow.

tkin

Back to school!!
guys budget is strict 14k now.

i have two options -
Sapphire HD6950 1GB - 14k from theitwares
MSI GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr II/OC - 13.9k from smc(currently out of stock, will be available next week with them)

sadly 6950 2GB out of budget :-(

so give your opinions.

will check asus cards with rashi tomorrow.
Between those two GTX560 TFII is much better.

If you can get asus DCII 560 within 14k it will be better, but are you ok with rashi? If yes, then you can get asus.
MSI is good too, get any one.

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
actually tkin, its complete confusion.
some games favour 6950 1gb and others 560 TFII.

no clear choices these days sadly.

heard xfx 6950 1gb has lot of heating issues.
and 6950 1gb are better overclockers than 2gb ones? read at overclock.net
Sapphire HD 6950 1GB or GTX 560 twin frozr 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Between those two GTX560 TFII is much better.

If you can get asus DCII 560 within 14k it will be better, but are you ok with rashi? If yes, then you can get asus.
MSI is good too, get any one.

no experiance with rashi. yesterday discovered them in my city :-D :-D

tkin

Back to school!!
actually tkin, its complete confusion.
some games favour 6950 1gb and others 560 TFII.

no clear choices these days sadly.

heard xfx 6950 1gb has lot of heating issues.
and 6950 1gb are better overclockers than 2gb ones? read at overclock.net
Sapphire HD 6950 1GB or GTX 560 twin frozr 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

no experiance with rashi. yesterday discovered them in my city :-D :-D
Most of us had bad experience with rashi, specially when it comes to rma, but some has good experience like megamind, so its a gamble.

I'd say get 560 TFII, you get physx, and theres nothing to lose by going nvidia, you however lose physx with amd, and a few games use it and some games in future will use it(batman).

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Most of us had bad experience with rashi, specially when it comes to rma, but some has good experience like megamind, so its a gamble.

I'd say get 560 TFII, you get physx, and theres nothing to lose by going nvidia, you however lose physx with amd, and a few games use it and some games in future will use it(batman).

hmm. enabling physx makes how much difference?

dont even look to rashi..they have worst customer care

oh, ok as you say.

tkin

Back to school!!
hmm. enabling physx makes how much difference?

oh, ok as you say.
Well, in batman you did not get AA with out it, and some effects, for example destructible environment and cloth simulation in mafia II, a few effects in Metro 2033(upcoming game metro last light will use it).

Plus you get CoreAVC to play back H.264 videos etc. Your choice though, but I stand by GTX560 TFII.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, in batman you did not get AA with out it, and some effects, for example destructible environment and cloth simulation in mafia II, a few effects in Metro 2033(upcoming game metro last light will use it).

Plus you get CoreAVC to play back H.264 videos etc. Your choice though, but I stand by GTX560 TFII.

One query - how practical is turning on the PhysX effects in Metro 2033 with a 560Ti? Will it give good enough frame-rates at FullHD res and highest settings with some AA?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
One query - how practical is turning on the PhysX effects in Metro 2033 with a 560Ti? Will it give good enough frame-rates at FullHD res and highest settings with some AA?

Batman AA gives playable fps with PhysX on on mid-range GPUs.

Other games? I don't think so.

tkin

Back to school!!
First of all full HD on metro 2033 is not possible even with 560ti if you enable dx 11 and max aa, so you need to lower settings a bit, turn of ambient occlusion(or was it DOF?), you can keep the tess on, now the benchmark:

*www.gamephys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mafia2_PhysXtest.png

wylaczony means turned off, now you can see GTX460 768mb getting 27.5FPS, GTX 480 gets 36.8FPS, so you can expect 32FPS around.

GTX480
*www.gamephys.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Metro-2033-PhysX-Test.JPG

Read the rest here:
*www.gamephys.com/tag/metro-2033-physx/

tkin

Back to school!!
Batman AA gives playable fps with PhysX on on mid-range GPUs.

Other games? I don't think so.
Drop from Physx is most noticeable with Mafia II, and Dark void(extreme), others are fine.

For ex: Metro 2033 is not hit as much with PhysX.

The question is if you buy 6950 1GB, what will you gain more that 560ti?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
yes AA performance amd is ahead.

and this (high playable settings with some games) -
Configuring and Testing DiRT3 - DiRT 3 Gameplay Performance Review | [H]ard|OCP
1920x1200 - DiRT 3 Gameplay Performance Review | [H]ard|OCP

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope this helps in the ongoing discussion

Old thing, was reading the comments with more interest as these are the voices of real users, not some PR guy or like. Here's one:-

HAHAH what a load of rubbish. And it's not like Nvidia hasn't done the same exact thing.
Way back when...the 175.19 driver had nice color saturation and excellent overall quality. Then fast forward to the 180.xx driver lo-and-behold it looks bad.
It was plainly obvious to me that Nvida sacrificed image quality in lieu of FPS, as the games that I used to get 50FPS in, I was getting 100 --but it looked bad (all washed out).
I actually preferred the older driver, and reverted back to it even though I took almost a 50% FPS hit.

On same line, both the teams should turn on AA and AF to fullest by default and also turn on supersampling and tessellation to the highest level to give us the best possible image quality!!!

Tenida

Gadget Freak
(+1 for Gtx560Ti) I will suggest you to go for MSI GTX560Ti HAWK or MSI GTX560Ti TFII OC. I am using TFII OC its very good within Rs14k.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
yes AA performance amd is ahead.

and this (high playable settings with some games) -
Configuring and Testing DiRT3 - DiRT 3 Gameplay Performance Review | [H]ard|OCP
1920x1200 - DiRT 3 Gameplay Performance Review | [H]ard|OCP

Jas , with the new 275.50 driver, nvidia's aa performance has increased significantly. In dirt 3, a 560-ti stock was completely playable with 8x msaa and gave 56 fps. But dirt 3 is amd biased and supports amd's edge detection custom aa filter that allowed the 6950 2gb to go higher to 24 cfaa ( custom filter aa). Nvidia doesn't have this option and its setting cannot be overriden.

In fact 560-ti was able to play dirt 3 at fullhd with the highest possible setting. It simply did not have those custom filters cause they were only for amd. It looked gorgeous with 8xmsaa btw and 6870 simply couldn't play the game at those settings.

Besides that was a stock 560-ti. Msi twin frozr II will perform even better out of the box and will stay cooler than stock 560 as well.

Since you'll be gaming at 1920x1080, higher framebuffer isn't needed that much unless you plan to do multimonitor. Afaik, you won't go for a multigpu setup as well.

So 560-ti makes a bit sense here. Besides you can enjoy, batman arkam city, homefront, mafia III, metro last light, mirror's edge 2 ( will use the same frostbite 2 engine used in the upcoming battlefield 3 game) enabling physx. I think all the forum members who bought the card here ( faun, tenida, ithehappy, lordirecto etc) are very happy with the performance.

So my vote goes to msi 560-ti twin frozr II.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom