Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks skud :-D

here are links to pics -
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclock...ost-your-latest-purchase-277.html#post1407515
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/hardware-...lite-430-discussion-thread-7.html#post1407520

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
thanks guys.

i will get whatever is 14k (6950 sapphire or TFII or 560 TFII) whenever i buy (hopefully june end).

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
6950 2gb is already 15k, so by June end there's every possibility it will come down further.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Sapphire HD 6950 2 GB is already available @ 14.3K in M.D. Computers, Kolkata. During last visit, I've verified it. Tenida was also with me. So there is no point for going GTX 560 Ti. This Sapphire model can be unlocked to HD 6970...I have checked some reviews too.
With the shader count of HD 6970, withount any overclocking it will perform near to HD 6970....like a under-clocked HD 6970. I think it is one of the best deals available right now.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unlocking to 6970 won't be very easy these days. Like the MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II which has removed the BIOS switch. See here:-

*cdn5.tweaktown.com/content/3/9/3900_08_msi_radeon_hd_6950_2gb_twin_frozr_ii_video_card_review.jpg

(Image from TweakTown)

Even XFX has done the some. There are several failed reports of unlocking in the newer batch of cards. Some others are reporting high temperature (both idle and load). I got a feeling that just like all the retail 6950 1gb (Sapphire, XFX, HIS) uses the 6870 PCB basically these dirt-cheap 2gb cards are also using some other modified PCB rather than the original one which is somewhat preventing the cards to get unlocked stably. So if the Sapphire card is one of the earlier batches, then its really nice. Heck, its even priced lower than my 1gb card. :( Before purchasing just make sure you check out the dual BIOS switch actually exists to save some pain in future.

In any case, the 6950 is a hell of a card in its own right. If it can be unlocked to 6970 it is a added bonus IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom