GPU for around 14k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you don't mind a previous generation card, Lynx is selling XFX 5870 1GB for 12K incl shipping. You may take a look at that. Details here:-

XFX 1gb Graphic card 1GB 5870 is available @ LYNX store for 12000/- including shipping. Mail us at onlinesales@lynx-india.com for placing an order. ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Store In India

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
skud thanks. but 6870 is not far behind 5870 and uses a better tessalator. less power consuming.

anyways your experience with 6950 1gb?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very good. Although I know my CPU is acting like a crab :( I can't explain it with proof but Dirt 2 feels really different with the DX11 effects. It silk smooth even at 8xAA at Full HD res. Besides the cooler is very silent running. Only during stress testing you will come to know about its existence.

Actually, I personally was very keen to get rid of the 6870 as I felt its a bit underpowered for its price point compared to 6950 1gb or 560Ti. My bigger concern was the length of the card as the AMD ref designs were too long to fit in my cramped cabby. So once Manufacturers slapped the 6950 1gb on 6870 pcb i just grab one. If you can save some more, go for it.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
In that case get it from US. Because it is very unlikely Indian prices will be anywhere closer to that. You may also look for a 6870 which is faster than 5850.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also think so, particularly if you want to go multi GPU or multi monitor in future. However, the 560Ti is a bit cheaper which bring both of them on par. Either way, you won't regret.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I believe U r becoming a FanBoi , Off-course me too !:razz: ANyway HD 6950 1Gb is also nice card , Only cooler is little hot !

That's the case of reference cards. Currently most (probably all) of the 6950 1gb in the market (Sapphire, HIS, XFX) sports custom cooler. These cards uses the 6870 PCB so is much shorter in size and cool running. On the minus side, there's no dual BIOS switch. I do agree 560Ti is cooler among the two although its got higher power consumption.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Yes, 560Ti FTW..... It's not that i am biased towards NVIDIA, but 560 with that price point surely a nice deal and Jaz knows this. But still his FANBOI'SM is not letting him choose Green over Red. (juz kidding)

IMO 560 runs lot cooler than it's Red rivals....

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
That's the case of reference cards. Currently most (probably all) of the 6950 1gb in the market (Sapphire, HIS, XFX) sports custom cooler. These cards uses the 6870 PCB so is much shorter in size and cool running. On the minus side, there's no dual BIOS switch. I do agree 560Ti is cooler among the two although its got higher power consumption.

Only the LOAD temp is long term gaming makes little higher not much

Did u try FURMARK & see the Load temp !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom