Got job in Delhi, now moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I was recently in Gurgaon for a Microsoft training session & there I got a job offer from Virtual Studio World which is a Adobe & Microsoft Solution Partner company dealing in MS & Adobe technologies as a UI & Graphics Designer. I met old Digit forum member Divyansh during this trip & was almost going to meet Anuj Bhardwaz too but wasn't able to due to time restrictions.

I will be moving to Delhi now, will be joining the company from June 1 as I need to wind up my work here & move all the packages from here to there.

I need help, since I am new to Delhi ( I have been to Gurgaon before but not Delhi), I would like to know whose from Delhi. Some people are I know are Divyansh, Kalpik, Anuj (gurgaon) & well...that's it. I would like to be in contact cos I do have my brother studying there but still need help in moving around etc.

The office is in Greater Kailash 2, near Savitri Cinema....which area is close to this place where I can get a good & reasonable cost PG cos cooking for the first 2 or 3 months is going to be a problem for me due to lack of equipments.

I will be taking my bike to delhi after some months so till then a PG close to Metro's location is prefered.

Also which SIM card should I get in Delhi cos GPRS is going to be a heavy requirment for me. I can manage call rates with tarrif cards but unlimited GPRS with POP3 access & ability to use it in computer too is a requirment till the time I get my computer there with a proper broadband connection.

More to come........

xbonez

NP : Crysis
congrats saurav

well, i'm in delhi...good news is ur office is very close to Nehru Place, the cmputer market of delhi. near that area u can get a gud PG at either GK2 itself or in CR Park - thts chittranjan park. its a good place, mostly full of bengalis..lots of PGs available there

oh and btw, in that part of delhi, there's no metro yet...though bus connectivity of delhi is very gud

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Congratulations bro.
Well lemme be straight to whatever help i can extend.

1. This is a brief up on Metro for u: Metro is not there in south delhi. The nearest Metro station from Gk2 is the one at Connaught place, which is abt 50 mins ride in auto ( Approx rs. 80-100). The other stations like Central Secretariat, or the one at Indraprastha (ITO) are also very near to CP, but you won't find any autos. Buses are very frequent in the ITO area.

2. PGs : I don't kno much abt the South Delhi area, but as far as my knowledge goes, most ppl prefer staying in PGs at Gautam Nagar, rite next to AIIMS. The advantage there is that rates are pretty nominal, and buses and autos are easily available. CR Park is another option.

3. GPRS: I find Vodafone GPRS services better in the sense that disconnections are very less, as compared to Idea, where you keep getting disconnected. Also the call rates for Vodafone are pretty fine. Pls note, you can get a very gud scheme if the Vodafone dealer is known to u.

Rest, you have many buddies here, include me in the list :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanx for the replies guys.

Ok, So Metro isn't there in South Delhi means till I get my bike there I have to pay a lot for Auto every day or wait in line for Bus. I can do it 1 or 2 months I think.

Please give me a list of closest place to GK2 where I can find a PG. So far the list includes...

1) CR Park
2) Gautam Nagar
3) Alaknanda

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I talked to my friends in Delhi. When I reach there for the first few days I will stay with my friends in Dwarka for 1st month. During this I will look for a PG close to office, bring my workstation from Lucknow to Delhi & rest of the stuff.

I have decided that I will buy Airtel SIM in Delhi. How is it? I will activate net on Phone for Rs 99 in it, & will activate mobile office once I get my computer to there. I will be using it with my Sony Ericsson K750i & GPRS only till I buy a SE K850i

enticer86

Stay Silent!
I talked to my friends in Delhi. When I reach there for the first few days I will stay with my friends in Dwarka for 1st month. During this I will look for a PG close to office, bring my workstation from Lucknow to Delhi & rest of the stuff.

I have decided that I will buy Airtel SIM in Delhi. How is it? I will activate net on Phone for Rs 99 in it, & will activate mobile office once I get my computer to there. I will be using it with my Sony Ericsson K750i & GPRS only till I buy a SE K850i

Gud enuf, well settled.

din

Tribal Boy
Congrats GX and happy you met Sunnydiv.

Now do not start going out of house at 2 AM (you know for what :D)

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Congrats GX...:)

You can try for accomodation at CR park A block, which is just behind GK-II and walking distance. I used to stay at CR park around 3-4 years ago. Otherwise, as someone mentioned you can also try near AIIMS. All places are well connected by autos and buses. Bad news is there is still no metro in south Delhi. But another good news is that it will be around 2-3 mins auto ride to Nehru place, the IT hub, where you can meet all your computer and cell phone and electronics buying needs.

You said you had been to Gurgaon before, so you will be knowing how to bargain with the autowallahs, the most notorious in the world, I think.:D.

All the best for your stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom