Google Nexus 4 Thread

kapilove77

Padawan
^^ Never or when Google done selling those in other country and try to dumb rest phones here maybe then. But i am tired of waiting.

prudhivisekhar

In the zone
After a long tiring mental debate, i finally bought my Google nexus 4!! Local buy from Alfa in Mumbai. Damages 25k. I preferred the local buy since I got to use and check the phone on the spot. Too tired now to post pics...I've only got energy left for this new beauty of a phone. Man what an experience !! First glance I was bowled over...more updates later..zzzz

Welcome to the club :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Google Play Store 4.0 redesign rolling out to Android phones and tablets today

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2013/04/playstore1.jpg

Superayush

Tech lover
Hey I was wondering if updates that nexus devices receive is area dependent or are available OTA to all devices all over the world at the time of release of update

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Not area dependent. But there are many builds of Android (separate builds for devices on play store and other build for retail device)
I flashed my phone with the Play Store build(Galaxy Nexus) and I'm getting the updates when they are first released.

rider

as Kratos
How much time your Nexus 4 take to charge from 0 to 100?

In my case like I am charging right now. It charged from 30 to 90 in 2 hours. :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
How much time your Nexus 4 take to charge from 0 to 100?

In my case like I am charging right now. It charged from 30 to 90 in 2 hours. :(

Is the phone new? Are you using original charger provided with the phone? can you state the ratings of the charger?

it usually takes two house, or less. in general, but last time I recall having any problem when charging was a faulty or underrated charger or I was charging via USB port. Also don't recharge from 30%, let the phone drain till 10% ,

PS: this is applicable to all cell phones, not necessary that it has to be Nexus 4.

rider

as Kratos
Is the phone new? Are you using original charger provided with the phone? can you state the ratings of the charger?

it usually takes two house, or less. in general, but last time I recall having any problem when charging was a faulty or underrated charger or I was charging via USB port. Also don't recharge from 30%, let the phone drain till 10% ,

PS: this is applicable to all cell phones, not necessary that it has to be Nexus 4.

Do you have nexus 4 too? Yes, the phone is new just 20 days of using it. Yes I am using the original charger came with the phone. Usb charging super slow. I mostly keep the phone plugged in charging all night and always charge it when it's half drained.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ No.. I don't have Nexus 4.

But you are doing it wrong... don't charge when the phone has drained only half, that will cause more trouble than and good.

always recharge only when it reaches 20% or bellow, that way you will get full battery capacity. I recommend you to do a complete charge/discharge cycle this week. i.e., use the phone till the battery dies off, then recharge till 100% and then again use the phone till its switches off. repeat this for 3-4 charge cycles. this way your battery will be fully utilized. after this you can worry about the charging time.

rider

as Kratos
^^ No.. I don't have Nexus 4.

But you are doing it wrong... don't charge when the phone has drained only half, that will cause more trouble than and good.

always recharge only when it reaches 20% or bellow, that way you will get full battery capacity. I recommend you to do a complete charge/discharge cycle this week. i.e., use the phone till the battery dies off, then recharge till 100% and then again use the phone till its switches off. repeat this for 3-4 charge cycles. this way your battery will be fully utilized. after this you can worry about the charging time.

Thanks a lot man. I will do as you said. :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yes that's right and also rider, make sure you drain the battery slowly. Do not drain the battery rapidly by playing games or watching videos. Try to limit screen on time as much as possible. Slow discharge and slow charge.

Use your PC USB to charge the phone from 0 to 100 instead of the normal charger this week.

Top Bottom