Google Nexus 4 Thread

vgowtham97

Journeyman
Still it doesn't make the Xperia any superior.
Not to say getting a direct OTA update is lot easier and convenient for every user rather than install CM11 and install ROMs from there.

Yes,Thats why I am willing to buy Nexus 4.Only thing that worries me is "What will happen if I get a completely faulty new device when buying online?..Will it be replaced?

And there is a rumour that it will be released on 20th april..Will It be true?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at Saholic's Nexus 4 Page source,and search for "Buy"..Somewhere it says "Buy LG E960 Nexus 4 16GB at 30000"

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Yes,Thats why I am willing to buy Nexus 4.Only thing that worries me is "What will happen if I get a completely faulty new device when buying online?..Will it be replaced?

And there is a rumour that it will be released on 20th april..Will It be true?

Actually there is very less chances of getting the rejected piece. The phone is itself made in Korea unlike all other phones manufacturing in China. Get it from enext store of ebay they are providing a month warranty. Use coupon code and get it under 26k. There is no idea about launching in India. Every time some rumors come and disappoint people.

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
I agree with rider, get it from a reliable source and the chances of getting a lemon device are negligible.
Saholic, started portraying nexus 4 on their site since Feb and they keep pushing ahead the date by 15 days. Their tactic of crying wolf is really frustrating and cheap to get publicity!! They had the date set to 20th April lately and if you check their site now, they have replaced the date with coming soon :-x Speaks volumes about them :evil:

No point waiting, get it now and enjoy the device. It is amazing! I would honestly purchase the nexus over any device in the market. If it does release officially in India Im guessing it will be atleast 30k, since the Optimus G sells at 30k and LG will cry foul if Google wants to sell the Nexus at any less. You can purchase the Nexus 4 now for 25k and in the case of official release, you can atleast get paid repairs in case the device has moderate hardware damage issue later. In that case the cost of repairs+original cost will be roughly as much as getting the officially released version.

Considering other upcoming phones, there are phones with upgraded processors coming up, but Snapdragon 600 is hardly an upgrade over the S4 pro and those new phones will be in the vicinity of 40k or more. Both SOCs have the same GPU(adreno 320), which is more important for gaming and stuff. And again faster processor doesnt necessarily mean a faster experience. In that department Nexus will be king. I have seen my friend's Xperia Z stutter in the UI and overheat when playing games. It is a fact that the Xperia Z throttles down its clock speed more than the Nexus 4.

Only good upgrade processor-wise would be the Tegra 4 and the Snapdragon 800 processors, but they wont show up until the last quarter of this year and by then the Nexus 5 will be rocking! Motorola X Phone is a worthy contender but Motorola is non-existent in India so wouldnt be a good choice here.

Nexus 4 gives you the best specifications at a very reasonable price with assured software updates. And if there are any rare bugs in the Nexus firmware, trust me Google will resolve it swiftly. Same cant be said about other manufacturers. There was a december-related calender bug last year in Jellybean. Google resolved the issue in no time and pushed out an update to Nexus devices. In case one wants to explore beyond stock firmware, the development community for nexus is HUGE!

Currently the best phones run on the S4 krait quad core SOC with adreno 320 GPU. Nexus 4 is the cheapest of those devices and undoubtedly the smoothest in operation.
Compared to Xperia SP, it is a no-brainer IMO if you dont worry about warranty. Get the the Nexus 4! Its got 2GB of RAM, so will get lots of Android updates(since RAM is usually the limiting factor) and it is future-proofed by Google. You will glide through 2 years with ease on this phone without if feeling slowed down. Want a reason to make every other Android phone user envious? Wait till 15th May and you will get one :p

randomuser111

Technomancer
Yes, apart from warranty the N4 is a significantly better phone than Xperia SP and is on par or even better than Galaxy S4, Htc One and Xperia Z

vgowtham97

Journeyman
@Guru : Thank you very much for your useful post.You are right,But I am not going to use my phone in a very heavy manner.I am not going to multitask,So I think 1GB of RAM is enough for me.Then, Personally I love SP's design very much (Especially the light bar at the bottom) .My main requirement is that the Games belonging to 1-2 GB category,should work without any lag.And also,UI should work without any lag. That's all.

rider

as Kratos
@Guru : Thank you very much for your useful post.You are right,But I am not going to use my phone in a very heavy manner.I am not going to multitask,So I think 1GB of RAM is enough for me.Then, Personally I love SP's design very much (Especially the light bar at the bottom) .My main requirement is that the Games belonging to 1-2 GB category,should work without any lag.And also,UI should work without any lag. That's all.

Overall it is your decision. Some people buy phone by looks and some by performance. FYI 2GB is future proof. After Android 5 key lime pie, may be 1GB RAM starts giving lag. And last, no UI is more smoother than stock vanilla android.

rider

as Kratos
Don't know how but gorilla glass 2 is not so cool. My phone's screen has now few small hairline scratches on the front and back. :/

OP
guru_urug

guru_urug

iGoogle
Don't know how but gorilla glass 2 is not so cool. My phone's screen has now few small hairline scratches on the front and back. :/

Arent you using a case and a screen guard? Thats the first thing I bought when I got the phone. I am using a matte screen guard I purchased from ebay and a basic s-line TPU case for the back. The back also still has the protective plastic scratch guard that came with the phone. I did not remove that to provide some extra scratch protection. I was a little paranoid about the back after reading the reviews.

The back is fragile as many reviews have said. I agree with that and it is the nexus 4's achilles heel. The back is claimed to be gorilla glass 2 but drop tests and scratch tests seem to invalidate that. The front glass is pretty strong.

rider

as Kratos
Arent you using a case and a screen guard? Thats the first thing I bought when I got the phone. I am using a matte screen guard I purchased from ebay and a basic s-line TPU case for the back. The back also still has the protective plastic scratch guard that came with the phone. I did not remove that to provide some extra scratch protection. I was a little paranoid about the back after reading the reviews.

The back is fragile as many reviews have said. I agree with that and it is the nexus 4's achilles heel. The back is claimed to be gorilla glass 2 but drop tests and scratch tests seem to invalidate that. The front glass is pretty strong.

I also bought matte scratch guards from ebay. It got scratched with a coin in my jeans pocket. So I removed. Colours, brightness, whites, sharpness and contrast gets drastically downscaled by matte screen guard. Whites appear grainy and dotted. Using phone without gives pleasure. The screen is buttery smooth to touch you know. For back I think using hard case is good enough. I am using Amzer's.

techFanatic

Broken In
I have a doubt guys....A friend of mine is going to the US with his dad next week and have asked him to order 2 Nexus 16GB but his dad says that since N4 hasnt released yet in India there are chances that the custom Department at the Mumbai airport may seize the phones:shock:.....Is this true....How do I convince him that everything will be fine:-?.... Ive told him to show that he is using those phones to evade custom duties ....can anyone guide me on this.....:oops:

shreymittal

Being Human
I don't about how evade custom duties but my friend got his nexus 16gb frm U.S and nothing happen no one asked his dad for it i will confirm it once more it costed him 15K only

rider

as Kratos
I don't about how evade custom duties but my friend got his nexus 16gb frm U.S and nothing happen no one asked his dad for it i will confirm it once more it costed him 15K only

15k ? :shock:
Phone itself is of 395$ (21.5k) including all taxes from playstore.

Top Bottom