Going to buy a computer but confused about graphics card

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^Dude I c u got GTS450!!Is it already easily available??Coz of all the online stores I checked only mediahome had the card!!Dija buy it from some shop or online?If online, then can u plz temme the site?
1 more thing pal..U running the graphics card on 350W PSU!!Doesn't it require a 450W PSU?

toad_frog09

Swimming, eh??
And since nobody has mentioned it, Overclocking is a art where you squeeze a lemon till the last drop in order to make your Lamonade better.
Where lemon is your CPU, G-card or RAM.
And lamonade is your PC.
Thank you very much.

Piyush

Lanaya
And since nobody has mentioned it, Overclocking is a art where you squeeze a lemon till the last drop in order to make your Lamonade better.
Where lemon is your CPU, G-card or RAM.
And lamonade is your PC.
Thank you very much.

cool example ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ akashbothra

Buddy stick with amd at your budget. An amd mobo has a better upgrade path and you can even fit a bulldozer proccy in future.Lets say at 4.5 k you get a decent 870 chipset based gigabyte board which can do crossfire and in future you can fit a phenom 2 x6 and don't forget bulldozer.

So go with cilus's config and you are good to go.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
@ akashbothra

Buddy stick with amd at your budget. An amd mobo has a better upgrade path and you can even fit a bulldozer proccy in future.Lets say at 4.5 k you get a decent 870 chipset based gigabyte board which can do crossfire and in future you can fit a phenom 2 x6 and don't forget bulldozer.

So go with cilus's config and you are good to go.

You're wrong there. bulldozer will require a new socket AM3+ which will be backward compatible with AM3 processors but existing AM3 motherboards won't support bulldozer processors

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yup. thats right. sad for me & many others who brought AM3 in hope of making an upgrade in future to a faster & better processor. now it looks we all will have to get a good HSF & squeeze the last drop off the Lemon known as "Athlon II X4 635".

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^ yup. thats right. sad for me & many others who brought AM3 in hope of making an upgrade in future to a faster & better processor. now it looks we all will have to get a good HSF & squeeze the last drop off the Lemon known as "Athlon II X4 635".
+1
i bought a Crosshair IV Formula!!!

Piyush

Lanaya
You're wrong there. bulldozer will require a new socket AM3+ which will be backward compatible with AM3 processors but existing AM3 motherboards won't support bulldozer processors

oh man!!!
thats a really bad news :(

i have to agree with sammy

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ cybertonic

Opps buddy i didn't knew this. Thanks a lot for correcting. Anyways the op can still use the 870 or 880 board to upgrade to an am3 based x6.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yup. i'll say better get rid of this board as soon as Am3+ board comes out. & the news spreads too much. you should get good return value.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not yet. actually no news. also as read in Fudzilla a few minutes ago, Llano pushed back till Q3 2011. so it means our PCs successor from AMD atleast 1yr away. thank God.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
^^Dude I c u got GTS450!!Is it already easily available??Coz of all the online stores I checked only mediahome had the card!!Dija buy it from some shop or online?If online, then can u plz temme the site?
1 more thing pal..U running the graphics card on 350W PSU!!Doesn't it require a 450W PSU?

didnt get it yet

will purchase it soon

OP
A

akashbothra

Broken In
Happy Durga Puja Friends.

Thanks to all of you. I am going to buy the following config:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X4 635 2.8 GHz Rs. 4350
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA880 UD2H Rs. 4200
RAM: Corsair 2 X 2 GB C9 1333 MHz DDR3 Rs. 2150*2 = Rs. 4300

Hard Disc: 500 GB Seagate/WD with 32 MB cache Rs. 1675
SMPS: Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W Rs. 2200
Cabinet: Anything with the above SMPS Rs. 1000
Graphics Card: Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Cooling Rs. 5500
DVD Writer: LG 22X SATA DVD Writer Rs. 825
UPS: APC Rs. 1800

Total: Rs. 27000 with VAT

I just want to know if there is any substitute for the graphics card, because I searched many shops but they are saying its out of stock. So please give me 2-3 substitutes (if any). And please do the same for the SMPS and cabinet.

Thanks in advance.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
for psu look at fsp saga II 500w @ 2.2k
for gfx card look at msi gts450 cyclone @ 7.8k
for cabinet cm elite 310 @ 1.5k or zebronics bijli without smps @ 1.2k

ssb1551

Technomancer
:clap2:How do u do this Jas?U jus come up with solution to everything!!Thats insane:C_insane:!!:high5::doublethumb:U definitely r no.1:number1:!!

Top Bottom