Going to buy a computer but confused about graphics card

OP
A

akashbothra

Broken In
@Jaskanwar: Thanks for your suggestion. But I think the gfx card you are talking is much costlier for my budget, I want something within 6k.Can you suggest any substitute for Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 Artic Cooling Rs. 5500.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ssb1551
thanks

@akashbothra
a normal sapphire 5670 512mb for 5k..a 1gb version might be there for 6k but very-2 less performance difference b/w 512mb and 1gb

OP
A

akashbothra

Broken In
Is there any difference between sapphire HD 5670 and XFX 5670 card? In Vedant they are offering me the XFX one for Rs. 5800, should I take there offer?

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
^^Wat abt the PSU?Do u think 350W will be able to provide ample power to that card?

didnt get it yet

will purchase it soon

yeah definitely

first of all it provides (16+16)32a on 12v rail (ample amperage gts 450 will nedd approx 15-10a)

secondly its tdp is 106w

so

i3(75w)+mobo/kb/mouse/hdd/ram/fans/dvd etc(60w)+450(110w)===245w
and thats at peak load

so normal load would be around 200-220w

moreover saga 350 provides 400w peak and 350w constant

even after considering cap ageing etc i think it will support

moreover my friend is running 5770(110w) with amd x4 640(90w tdp) on saga 350

sorry for bad presentation....was on mobile

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
yeah definitely

first of all it provides (16+16)32a on 12v rail (ample amperage gts 450 will nedd approx 15-10a)

secondly its tdp is 106w

so

i3(75w)+mobo/kb/mouse/hdd/ram/fans/dvd etc(60w)+450(110w)===245w
and thats at peak load

so normal load would be around 200-220w

moreover saga 350 provides 400w peak and 350w constant

even after considering cap ageing etc i think it will support

moreover my friend is running 5770(110w) with amd x4 640(90w tdp) on saga 350

sorry for bad presentation....was on mobile

guys thats just theory

but will it be feasible practically(considering temp,etc etc)

some inputs on this guys....

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did you check if fsp 350w has a overload protection circuit?

Ideally, its best to use 70-80% of the psu's potential rather than stressing it to its limits by using 100% of its peak load potential. In any case why take such changes. Consider seasonic 380 s12II or corsair cx430.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
^^^ i already have it(fsp 350w)
i will then have to reconsider gts 450
the only vfm card below it will be 5670 which is a bit low end for me

Did you check if fsp 350w has a overload protection circuit?

yes it has one.
wat does it actually do??
my guess, during overload the pc would be restarted aint it??

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I know. BTW, the meaning of cheap and VFM is significantly different but advisors fail to understand that. Recommending stuff just because its cheap and can fit within one's budget is plain wrong, eventually ending up with some issue or ther other in the very near future.

Many also need to know that the peak load capacity eventually decreases in time, especially if its on load. Lifespan depends on the load, depending on what kind of components is used (more details on the psu guide). Stressing it more on a power supply with limited potential will decrease the lifespan of the product considerably and if it doesn't have any proper over-voltage circuit on the psu then its just a matter of time your hardware will fail.

Edit: Btw, that circuit refuses to start your system. That also protects if you connect wrong connectors in wrong places (hey don't look at me, but I've seen geniuses who manage to connected a pcie power connector on atx12v)

Last edited: