Girls attacked in Mangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
In an incident that brought back memories of the infamous 2009 pub attack, activists allegedly belonging to Hindu Janajagrana Vedike on Saturday July 28 raided a resort in Padil, and thrashed and slapped girls who were allegedly partying.

The group barged into Morning Mist Home Stay at Padil and reportedly found alcohol and young people dressed indecently. They thrashed and manhandled a group of girls and boys who were at the party.
The activists claimed that those in the party were dancing and were involved in undesirable activities. There were four girls and around four or five boys.

One of the activists was seen slapping and bashing the head of a girl and pulling her roughly even as she tried to escape.

Kankanady rural police rushed to the spot. They took the activists into custody.

Corporator Mohan Padil was also detained and later released.

The locals also accompanied the Vedike actvists. They said that they had been complaining about the party even before but no action was taken, after which they approached the activists

The police later took the boys and girls also into custody for questioning.

This is the second such incident reported in the city in the last three years. In 2009, Mangalore came into national limelight after activists of Sri Rama Sene assaulted girls at a pub in Balmatta. While it was justified as a move to 'protect' Indian culture by the Sene, the incident invited the ire of people across the nation.

Protest

As soon as the news spread, hundreds of people gathered outside the resort and began to protest. They demanded arrest and strict action against the activists.

They also expressed fear that the police would let them go free without taking action.

As the situation went out of control, the police had to use mild lathi charge disperse the crowd.

Mayor Condemns Act

Mangalore mayor Gulzar Banu has angrily reacted to this incident. Speaking exclusively to daiiworld, she said, "Looking at daijiworld news, I am saddened to see people hitting girls. Being a mother, I feel sad that girls are treated like that in our place. Every mother, every brother, every sister will feel this. On the other hand, the resort culture is also not acceptable. Young boys and girls partying in such a way is not acceptable to the society. Resort owners must be held responsbile for this," she said.

Why didn't Hindu activists protest against Udupi rave party? - Mahendra Kumar

Speaking to daijiworld, Mahendra Kumar, former Bajrang Dal president, and now a JD(S) party member criticised Hindu Jagarana Vedike members who attacked girls at the Padil resort. He questioned the same activists and demanded to know why they had not raided the 'Rave party' organised at Malpe in February under the district administration.

"That party was worse than this. If they are really concerned about culture, then they should have treated that incident also in the same way," he said.

He criticised the district administration for failure in law and order. "Government is not serious about tackling these issues," he said.

Congress Demands Release of Girls

The Congress activists protested against the police for taking girls involved in the resort incident into custody.

They headed to Pandeshwar women police station and staged a dharna demanding the immediate release of the girls.

Condemning the incident, they demanded strict action against the activists of Hindu Janajagrana Vedike and said that it is they who should be arrested and not the girls.

"The girls and boys were only having a birthday celebration in the resort, and were not doing anything illegal. Why should they be taken into custody?" they questioned.

WHY THE HELL are these bl&*^*^*&^dy groups given power,who gave them power to slap at those girls,
for pics and source : Mangalore: Activists Barge into Party at Resort, Thrash Girls

Shamed to call my self a mangalorean :( :mad:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Radicalism = Whole lot'a hurt. This **** needs to go for good or it will drag the country to the dark ages.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
As a Nation India is struggling to keep balance between its iron age culture and advancement of 21st century ...and its not jealousy its all about power and politics in the name of culture

sujoyp

Grand Master
its a major concern these days...those political chelas and gundas r jealous of common people with girl friends and will do this to create "hamari nahi to kisi ki nahi" type of things in the name of culture

Anand_Tux

Journeyman
its a major concern these days...those political chelas and gundas r jealous of common people with girl friends and will do this to create "hamari nahi to kisi ki nahi" type of things in the name of culture

Absolutely well said my friend, these hypocrites have no work to do hence they are indulging in these types of acts. These are shameless people. They oppose any "change" in the society , particularly with regards to girls. It's high time they should be severely punished :punch: .

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I think the leader of those activists just want to gain publicity,(kuch kaam to hota ni isliye)they seek these kinds of parties or occasion and just jump in to gain publicity as a saviours of indian culture(only so called for them). And these chote-mote gunda people will do anything for money. And why they have that much guts? Because they are working for a political party. They have nothing to do with indian culture,and don't care about it too. Go and watch them next day,they are the ones which do eve teasing and kutton(dogs) ki tarah ladkiyo k piche pade rehte hain.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Some people of the group have been arrested and even 2 journalists(For not calling the police,but instead airing the thing on tv)
Mangalore: ADGP in City to Probe Attack on Girls at Resort

section 144 imposed for 3 days :|

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
As a Nation India is struggling to keep balance between its iron age culture and advancement of 21st century ...and its not jealousy its all about power and politics in the name of culture

I think the leader of those activists just want to gain publicity,(kuch kaam to hota ni isliye)they seek these kinds of parties or occasion and just jump in to gain publicity as a saviours of indian culture(only so called for them). And these chote-mote gunda people will do anything for money. And why they have that much guts? Because they are working for a political party. They have nothing to do with indian culture,and don't care about it too. Go and watch them next day,they are the ones which do eve teasing and kutton(dogs) ki tarah ladkiyo k piche pade rehte hain.

Agreed with u @Swapnil. They have Nothing to do with the Indian Culture. These people are morons of the society who can't get a Working life for them, so they are into destroying others' life. They do it in the name of Indian Culture, and these B@stards do not know a bit about it. These are coward people who take the support of pseudo-Indianness to justify their black deeds.

@ssdivisiongermany1933 There was no Iron Age Culture, mind it. Not in India, at least. Don't get into blame game by unnecessarily dragging Indian Culture, Nation, India, 21st Century in such filthy incidents. Such people must not be tolerated in any society, not at all. These incidents are result of Talibanian philosophy which in turn is a result of the lack of satisfaction of their filthy desires.

Last edited:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
No offense to any one here:
But these people are saffron terrorists.

Yes, a breed of terrorists who have absolutely nothing to do with 'Saffron' color. Nothing to do with Indian Culture, as I've quoted above. These are the terrorists, and by making a sub-category of Terrorists, you are actually dividing the attention from the seriousness of such incidents.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes, a breed of terrorists who have absolutely nothing to do with 'Saffron' color. Nothing to do with Indian Culture, as I've quoted above. These are the terrorists, and by making a sub-category of Terrorists, you are actually dividing the attention from the seriousness of such incidents.

I mean they call themselfs that.They say we should not follow western culture etc etc.And these people were having a rave party.While they did'nt take drugs etc.
Actually rave partys mean lights,music etc.
These boys and girls were having a birthday party

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I mean they call themselfs that.They say we should not follow western culture etc etc.And these people were having a rave party.While they did'nt take drugs etc.
Actually rave partys mean lights,music etc.
These boys and girls were having a birthday party

Agreed with you brother, completely. Everybody has a liberty to live the life the way they want. Doesn't matter what those people were doing, 'Moral Policing' can't be tolerated in any way.
We need to have a broader perspective while looking at it. Just adding the name 'Hindu' or anything, doesn't authorize you to represent a particular community. If such people are doing it in the name of Ram, Allah, it's the worst thing. Even worst thing is that some pseudo-Indian-Culture morons actually support them, instead of thrashing such acts. This created the problem.
That's why I am saying we should only concentrate on the seriousness of such acts, instead of getting into cultural or religious thing.

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Yes..Now police are trying to deviate from the topic,by saying that home-stay hotel was not having a licence this is what these people did last time too. :mad:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
Mangalore mayor Gulzar Banu has angrily reacted to this incident. Speaking exclusively to daiiworld, she said, "Looking at daijiworld news, I am saddened to see people hitting girls. Being a mother, I feel sad that girls are treated like that in our place. Every mother, every brother, every sister will feel this. On the other hand, the resort culture is also not acceptable. Young boys and girls partying in such a way is not acceptable to the society. Resort owners must be held responsbile for this," she said.
She puts in the best possible way. The so called activists' act must be condemned. But the act of the youth can't be justified that innocently either. Looking at the pics, only a fool would not get what was going on there. At least My Parents would have kicked me out of home if I were found in such state.

Tech&ME

Banned
She puts in the best possible way. The so called activists' act must be condemned. But the act of the youth can't be justified that innocently either. Looking at the pics, only a fool would not get what was going on there. At least My Parents would have kicked me out of home if I were found in such state.

Well after looking at the video, I see that there was some kind of party with drinks and all.

But activists just simply cannot come and beat the girls and boys.

Police on the other hand did not stop the camera from rolling on their arrival.

I don't understand the kind of LAW we have in India.

My two questions :

1. Why the activist did not bring the Police with them ?

2. Why did Police, didn't care to STOP the camera from rolling ?

So, We have great LAWs in India. Next time you party be aware some gundas will come and attack you !

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^or get some bouncers when you party. That should be enough for those gundas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom