[Complaint] Gigabyte MotherBoard RMA - Prepare to be Humiliated

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought a Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H ( link ) on august 2010 - motherbaord submitted for RMA on 2nd August 2012 at Accel RMA Center, Kolkata.

RMA No/ Call id : GBTKOL120004699DW

Got a call today from Accel ( Gigabyte Authorized Service Center ) and they are saying that they are going to to give me GA-M68M-S2P with 1 year extended warranty ( Link ) but this is a less powerful motherbaord compared to the GA-MA785GM-US2H and no version of GA-M68M-S2P is compatible with the cpu ie Phenom II 955 BE ( 125W TDP ) I've ( Link ) - when I said them this and asked for a better replacement ( even asked for a DDr3 motherboard ) they told me that they can't provide me with any other replacement motherboard other than the GA-M68M-S2P ( non compatible ) and will repair the GA-MA785GM-US2H submitted for RMA . Accel asked me to call them today abvout what I've decided.

Now this is how Gigabyte suppose to handle RMA for obsolete ( read DDr2 ) motherboard ?? Providing customer with a non compatible ( cpu ) and less powerful motherboard ?

will post a scanned copy of RMA doc later .....

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Don't accept the motherboard they are offering. It is inferior and very old.
Directly contact them from this link: GIGABYTE GTS
Tell them about this problem in details.
Attach the pdf file there.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Refuse it. They should either give the same one or a better one. Ask for a 880GM-UD2H.

GA-M68M-S2P sucks. Old nForce chipset and VRM unsuitable for even mild overclocking with 125w CPUs.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not accepting what they are offering me - I thought a company like Gigabyte ( and it's after sales service providers ) will at-least have the knowledge to give a equivalent ( even DDr3 ) motherboard for the cpu I've and who will trust on the quality of repair where their technical personel don't even know whihc motherboard is compatible with which cpu ?? - but what they are offering me is no way acceptable

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
when my 785G motherboard went bad i was provided with a 880G USB3 (former was USB2) and moreover the warranty was totally bumped up as it was a new sealed piece. Its not Gigabyte, its Accel messing up the RMA process.

Contact Gigabyte and give them the link of this discussion. They always have some stock of old motherboards.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I'm not accepting what they are offering me - I thought a company like Gigabyte ( and it's after sales service providers ) will at-least have the knowledge to give a equivalent ( even DDr3 ) motherboard for the cpu I've and who will trust on the quality of repair where their technical personel don't even know whihc motherboard is compatible with which cpu ?? - but what they are offering me is no way acceptable

It is not the problem with Gigabye, but their service partner Accel frontline.
Just use the link I've posted. ;)

And see what happens.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ quality, performance and feature wise GA-M68M-S2P is inferior compared to GA-MA785GM-US2H and I'm surprised to see the quality of their RMA providers ( tech support ? ) - no way I'll accept either the GA-M68M-S2P or a repaired motherboard.

Will contact their tech support ( Real Gigabyte but what Accel guys are doing then ?? ), their Sales and Marketing dept. and this e-mal id :
arnabc@gigabyte.in.

saswat23

Human Spambot
So, this sums up to the conclusion that 'Kolkata is the worst place for RMA'. First was Rashi and members used to avoid Asus for A.S.S and opt Gigabyte instead. And now this starts with Gigabyte too.

BTW why dont you ask Digicare Smartlink. They also provide RMA for Gigabyte. Ask 'em if they can provide a new or better replacement.

funskar

Padawan
Don't accept the mobo.
Try to contact Mr Bhagiraj gigabyte accel head, chennai
& tell him abt the response from accel kolkatta n abt ur problem..
I can give u his no.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Can you give me his e-mail id.

Anyway, Thanks guys - it's encouraging to see you are all by my side like before - going to mail this whole incident to Gigabyte and Digit Mag.

So, this sums up to the conclusion that 'Kolkata is the worst place for RMA'. First was Rashi and members used to avoid Asus for A.S.S and opt Gigabyte instead. And now this starts with Gigabyte too.

looks like .

BTW why dont you ask Digicare Smartlink. They also provide RMA for Gigabyte. Ask 'em if they can provide a new or better replacement.

sumonpathak has already told you Digicare Smartlink don't provide RMA support for Gigabyte motherboards anymore but here's I'm going to tell you a little true story about how harassing and confusing it can be to RMA a Gigabyte motherboard :

Gigabyte India has listed ACCEL FRONTLINE Service Center authorized service center and the address is :
*www.gigabyte.in/gigabyte.aspx?s=-1&p=

12, LOWER ROWDON STREET, 1ST FLOOR, KOLKATA - 700 020
Mr. Swapan Kumar Kundu
40033750 / 51/62 /64
swapan.kundu [@] accelfrontline.in

which is completely wrong - Another address of Accel is :

ACCEL CARE CENTER
KAUSIK SAMADDAR
ASK INFOTECH
220/1, A.J.C BOSE ROAD GROUND FLOOR
KOLKATA
Kolkata
WEST BENGAL

Tel:

Now this service center provides RMA support for Seagate, AMD etc. brand ( actually the RMA dept. of 12, Lower Rowdon Street has moved here almost a year ago ) but when you go there they will Refuse to RMA any Gigabyte product though there's poster, writings on the wall ( of Ask Infotech ) that they provides RMA for Gigabyte but the truth is something else - I had to face this harrasment and when I ask them about the address of Gigabyte's service center they did not even show the decency to tell me the damn address. So I called pc accessories shop and ask them about the Gigabyte's RMA center address and they told me it's now shifted at 41, B.B. Ganguly Street.

Gigabyte ( India ) can't even keep their service center list updated - what a big Surprise ! or they just don't care.

gameranand

Living to Play
They should atleast give right info to the people. Its very frustrating to go door by door and no one to listen to you.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Thanks and here goes one more funny incident :

Accel ( yesterday ) asked me to call them today for my confirmation on the GA-M68M-S2P and I told them that this broad is not compatible with the cpu I've and this is also a inferior quality mobo compared to GA-MA785GM-US2H - the guy who received the call said "so what " - I told him that I won't accept the GA-M68M-S2P and the guy who received the call said they will call me when my board is ready ( in a rude voice ) and hung up the phone.

Here's the Comparison between What I had ( GA-MA785GM-US2H ) and what they are offering ( GA-M68M-S2P ) :
GIGABYTE- I found some useful information and would like to share with you

and no version of their offering ( GA-M68M-S2P ) is compatible with my cpu :
CPU-Upgrade: Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P(rev. 1.0) processor support
CPU-Upgrade: Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P(rev. 2.3) processor support

and people like this ( who don't have any idea about cpu compatibility ) is going to repair a mootherboard ?? what a joke ! IF they hand me over a repaired mobo ( it must have some catch ) - so if I see that the so called repaired mobo ain't working and when I return it back to them they will say that there's something physically wrong with it just to wash off their hands from the RMA :conspiracy:
so I am not going to accept any repaired motherboard from them.

Another funny thing is Accel ( 41, B.B. Ganguly St. ) no longer likes to call them as Accel instead they are now calling themselves Gigabyte Service Center though their RMA receipt, online RMA status clearly shows they are part of the Accel - Gigabyte should take a look into this - this is very confusing for end users.

and here comes the screenshots of RMA :

*i48.tinypic.com/rckjm0.png

*i45.tinypic.com/257zv3b.png

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ There are 7 dedicated service centres for Gigabyte. Not sure if this is one of them but those 7 don't handle anything else other than GBT, atleast what I've been told.

That another guy in Gigabyte sent you a mail, asking for an invoice. Just send a scan and let's see how it goes from there.

OP
topgear

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Right now I don't have the purchase invoice with me ( moved into new house - all the important docs are on relatives place and you know how messy it is though I will send someone to get all of my important docs asap ) ) but I can mail the scanned copy of the RMA receipt though - is not the serial no. is enough to obtain warranty support for Gigabyte products ( like Seagate ) ??

someone from Accel Frontline - 12. Rowdon Street just called ( Phone No : 09831990308 ) me at 12.50 p. m. and in a very loud voice and rude manner he has told me that

The Guy : I should learn to use how to use a motherbaord.

Me : What happened ?

The Guy : with same voice tone as previous - literally he was shouting at me ) He has found 4 burnt damages on the motherbaord and told me to collect it from 12, Rowdon Street.

Me : No way, when I submitted the motherboard for RMA at 41, B.B. Ganguly they have inspected the board and only after that accepted for RMA and it's also on their online RMA website and I have the hard copy of the RMA sheet as the prove.

The Guy : Don't teach me what to and what you have to say - say politely.

Me : When did I talk with you impolitely ?

The Guy : Same as before and telling me to talk politely.

Me : you are the one who is shouting on the phone.

The Guy : what you said ??

ME : then what should I say to you and you are not ready to listen even a single word from me.

The Guy : Ok, come here to get the board and I'll see you ( some other words with it ) - you don't know how to use a motherboard, you are telling Gigabyte about us when you have burnt the board at four places by yourself.

Me : I'll only collect it from the 41, B.B. Ganguly st. where I submitted it and when I submitted the motherboard there was no physical damage on it. I won't listen to whatever else he you have to say.

The guy hung up the phone.

The way that guy talked to me is like a bully - Now I'm feeling insulted , very sad and shocked : Gigabyte ( or Accel ) is the worst than any brand I've seen so far - they may be a big brand and no way an average person like me is going to get some extra benefits out from them or trying to defame them - I've suggested this brand ( now I even hate to pronounce the brand name ) many times in here at TDF - I've never thougt I've to face such day in my life - who has gave them the right to harass me like this ?? What was my fault - just to submit my motherbaord for RMA and contacting Gigabyte when Accel was acting dumb with the RMA.

BTW, got a reply from Gigabyte Taiwan today, not sure if Gigabyte India or Digit mag or any other else can do something about this but I'll play hard this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom