Getting Samsung i450 , any other option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoghno

Padawan
There's no way i450 is slower than n81. N81 have around 41 mb ram . And with v20 firmware , which added youtube videos and menu transition along with several other improvemeng , its definitly very fast.
N81 also have better screen . Its much more vibrant. In fact i found i450 to have really dull screen

And i couldn't find any custom equalizer settings in i450. Which is a HUGE problem i think. On the other hand n81 's equalizer can really chage the sound.

Dont get me wrong , i450 is a good phone , but you cant compare with n81. Its simply costlier and better.

Btw , i dont know how loud you need , but i couldn't stand the full volume in ep630+n81 , i could hardly use 70% for long period. It can even drive my philips shp2700 can comfortably , for indoor use. If possible , do check out n81's loudness , its increcible. I only wish i could say the same about its spdaker !

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
IF you want the best sound quality, get the SE W705. If symbian, get the 5320/i450/N78 wateva.coz all nokia's sound the same.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
get the 5320/i450/N78 wateva.coz all nokia's sound the same.
No offence dude , but i find the sound quality of all sony phones same . Be it cybershot or walkman , the only difference is the music player and bass boost , on the other hand nokia n series phones except n81 do not sound that good but their express music phones are great for music but they hav their own problem .Anyway whats the price os w705 , is it launched? if its in my budget i will definately check it out otherwise i am buying
i450 on saturday . peace...

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea rite. Check out the stats of the W995,Nokia can only dream off. W705 is closest to the W995 when it comes to sound quality. Ask gsmarena if you please.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Sony Ericsson W995 is certainly one of the best efforts from the company in terms of audio quality. It easily ranks among the best examples currently on the market getting an impressive number on every reading in our test. The phone flaunts an amazing frequency response keeping within the +-1db range effortlessly with only the lowest of frequencies slightly cut off. Furthermore, for most of its range it is right on the perfect track. Noise level and dynamic range readings are praiseworthy and so are the distortion levels. The crosstalk is also excellent, adding up to one of the industry best quality audio outputs to date.
Sony Ericsson W995 +0.04, -0.40 -89.1 89.0 0.0033 0.048 -88.7
Apple iPod Touch 2G +0.04, -0.05 -91.4 91.5 0.0027 0.012 -90.0
Posted again:
*www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_w995-review-329p5.php

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
No offence dude , but i find the sound quality of all sony phones same . Be it cybershot or walkman , the only difference is the music player and bass boost , on the other hand nokia n series phones except n81 do not sound that good but their express music phones are great for music but they hav their own problem .Anyway whats the price os w705 , is it launched? if its in my budget i will definately check it out otherwise i am buying
i450 on saturday . peace...

In n series n85 and n96 too sound damn good. besides n81 .. 14mb ram is just too too low for proper smartphone use. For music needs its ok ..

sujoyp

Grand Master
@dreamcatcher..man he needs symbian...let him get 5320, N81 or i450

No use telling abt the bug free nature of SE mobiles...
SE mobiles r simple stylish and good sounding mobiles...:smile:

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok finally purchased i450 and a 4gb card for Total Rs 9700 with bill from vashi navi mumbai . On boot up i had 27mb free ram so those who said it had 14mb ram , its just rumours . Interfernce is super fast but i am yet to completely fill the memmory card .
First impression is very good but the sound through 3.5mm jack is really low about half that i had on my n91 altough clearity is good . Can anyone suggest me good headphones for this phone .
I will shortly write a detailed review along with some good pictures .

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
^ Thats really a good deal....Congo;)......Try EP630 ear phones
I have ep 630 but still volume is low !!
infact volume through normal samsung jack is high but that through 3.5mm jack is low , i hope firmware upgrade fixes it and it is not a hardware fault .

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
thats great. its great that you get 27mb ram on startup my friends i450 has just 12-14mb ram.

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
That was really sweet price. nokia 5320 will havea hard time ,, especially with that pathetic screen.
Btw , i think sound loudness cant be corrected via firmware update , its mostly a hardware thing unlesss companies try to artificially lower the volume(liie eu ipods).may be you should try some headphone amplifier to increase volume.

Also last time i checked , i450 used to have ~15mb free ram. And 27mb is such a weird amount. Usually its either around 15(n73,570) or ~40(n81,5800) ~80(n82,5320).

And please tell us if you're able to play ngage on it . Then it'll be a really complete device.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
That was really sweet price. nokia 5320 will havea hard time ,, especially with that pathetic screen.
Btw , i think sound loudness cant be corrected via firmware update , its mostly a hardware thing unlesss companies try to artificially lower the volume(liie eu ipods).may be you should try some headphone amplifier to increase volume.

Also last time i checked , i450 used to have ~15mb free ram. And 27mb is such a weird amount. Usually its either around 15(n73,570) or ~40(n81,5800) ~80(n82,5320).

And please tell us if you're able to play ngage on it . Then it'll be a really complete device.
Sorry for da wrong imformation , free ram is 17mb not 27mb , but the interference is superfast . it doesnt seems like a s60 device since i have already filled more then 2 gb but still no lag . overall i am disappointed with the sound quality via 3.5mm jack . I dont know why everyone said it has super sound quality , it is not bad but just average comparing to my previous n91 . i hope samsung solves this problem .
Quality can be compared with w595 or w760 which my friends have .Even nokia 5310 has better and louder sound then it .
i was able to install n gage 2.0 on it but i have not installed any ngage games yet .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom