Getting Samsung i450 , any other option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok I lost my beloved n91 and i am currently using nokia 1100:x that has this horrible black and white display . Want to get rid of this phone quickly .
Budget is strictly not more then Rs11000 and so i have shortlisted some phones and i450 seems most appropriate . I prefer good sound quality and 2mp camera is enough since i have a sony digicam . I prefer symbian because of various applications available and also i get bored of non symbian phones after 3-4 months .
Guys are there any other options , how about 5320 but its display is small and looks are cheap . Please suggest guys .

rajhot

S60 rocks
+1 for 5320 it is FP2
Almost all the features are same for both the mobile except the OS & form factor so its upto u ..whether u need a slider or a candybar

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
+1 for 5320 it is FP2
Almost all the features are same for both the mobile except the OS & form factor so its upto u ..whether u need a slider or a candybar

Even my first prefernce was 5320 but that was before when i only saw it on internet . When you see it actually it looks very cheap and display size is the main concern , also heard that it is unhackable yet .

rajhot

S60 rocks
It is hackable with Latest HelloX.
I agree abt the display but all Xpress Music phones have a small display as they r music branded mobiles.
U'll be playing any videos on ur mobile?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I have used i450 for a month and nokia 5320 is clearly no match for this music monster. Go for it.

it has bigger screen, better battery life, better music quality and it's web browser rocks :)

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
OK so i am getting i450 for rs9500 but i have checked its demo for music quality and the volume seems to be little low considering the fact that i was using n91 before but the quality of sound was good .
Any other option before buying this phone .
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
It is hackable with Latest HelloX.

U'll be playing any videos on ur mobile?
ya offcourse , thats why i was also considering lg cookie but for that i will hav to increase my budget , also it does not have a 3.5mm jack .

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
The only phone i've heard that come close to n91 is n81. But it'll be out of your budget.

Btw , i'd personally prefer 5320 for its ngage support . But i agree that the phone looks quite cheap . Even 5130 look better. Also keep an eye on upcoming 5630 , shouldn't far off your budget.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
5630 ? release date and cost ?
Posted again:
I should have named this thread i450 vs 5320 :lol: since there r not many options for me in this range , are there ?

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
So it looks like i450 , but sadly no n gage . By the way any1 using i450 has suffered any problem ?

No problems so far. My friend bought it half a year ago and it's working fine. Rock solid OS (symbian S60). As you told, only downside is it's low volume, which can be fixed by using quality headphones like Sony MDR-EX35LP which are in-ear headphones and by blocking external noise, will be pumping out clear and loud audio into your ears.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
About samsung i450 - just check some reviews for how much free ram u have at ur disposal after the bootup. I heard it has very low amount of ram to work with. Not sure but just check that thing before making a purchase.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
As you told, only downside is it's low volume, which can be fixed by using quality headphones like Sony MDR-EX35LP which are in-ear headphones and by blocking external noise, will be pumping out clear and loud audio into your ears.
I have ep-630 and with it i checked the demo of i450 for its sound quality and it was really good but sadly a little low . Also the demo cell had only one song to play and i could not judge with just 1 song .
Also a friend of mine has i450 and he says that he has managed to install n gage 2.0 on it and some n gage games actually work on it but i am not sure since i havent yet checked .
Posted again:
About samsung i450 - just check some reviews for how much free ram u have at ur disposal after the bootup. I heard it has very low amount of ram to work with. Not sure but just check that thing before making a purchase.

I am sure it wont be as bad as my previous n91:-D but interference looked pretty fast enough and also faster then my friends n81 who was along with me .

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i450 has about 14MB ram on startup
Posted again:
there are no stereo effects through speakers until you slide the phone up. its a pretty slow phone overall.

Last edited:
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
i450 has about 14MB ram on startup
Posted again:
there are no stereo effects through speakers until you slide the phone up. its a pretty slow phone overall.
My friend has an i450 with a 4gb card fully loaded with songs , videos , apps and all that naughty stuff :D but still it was pretty fast and i hardly saw any lag . Any way i checked out this link where i450 was compared with n81 and there is no difference at all
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=dju-F0kXRCg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom