Getting Samsung i450 , any other option ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
As i mentioned that the volume from 3.5mm jack is low , so i brought a 3.5mm to usb connector and now the sound rocks using ep-630 . It is like ipod touch infact even more crispier and clearer then the touch at times .

Tamoghno

Padawan
Thats great , i was going to suggest you to use a headphone amplifier. Nice to know you didn't need to spend that much.

Btw , how much you paid for the adapter ?
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
As i mentioned that the volume from 3.5mm jack is low , so i brought a 3.5mm to usb connector and now the sound rocks using ep-630 . It is like ipod touch infact even more crispier and clearer then the touch at times .
Thats great , i was going to suggest you to use a headphone amplifier. Nice to know you didn't need to spend that much.

Posted again:

Last edited:
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I paid Rs 200 for the adapter but after using it for few days i have found that the 3.5mm jack is not the culprit . Actually i450 cannot handle headphones with high resistance or in other words the headphones with more power consumption . Using the adapter is not that helpfull since i checked with different headphones .
Can anyone suggest me good headphones with low power consumption or low impedance. What are the specification of sennheiser cx 300 , i have heard they go well with i450 .
By the way i have never heard or seen headphones amplifier ??

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My friend tried the new Apple stock headphones with this phone and he was saying that he couldn't believe his phone can be so loud and clear.

I would suggest you to look for earphones with sensitivity of 100db/mW

He is going to get a pair of Sony MDR-EX35LP. I will update you after testing them!!!

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
I have creative Ep-630 and it has sensitivity of 106 , i think more the sensitivity louder will be the volume so sensitivity of 100 wont be that good , it should be greater then 112 . I might even consider selling this phone since i am used to the loudness of n91 . Does anyone know the current dealer price of n81 2gb .

Tamoghno

Padawan
Whatever phone you buy next , do check the the loudness . I dont think there's any phone as loud as n91. (n81 comes close though,)
Also try 5320 . Maybe you can settle without spending much.
Or you can try a headphone amplifier.

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Ok , checked the iphone headphones with i450 and i was amazed to see the increase in loudness . Thanks to desibond to suggest me the iphone headphones . It is clear that i450 cannot handle headphones with higher power consumption but if you use the right pair of headphone then the sound quality rocks . i am sad that samsung did not mention this anywhere , this could have saved few bucks of mine .
Anyway i have taken some cool pictures of i450 and i am going to write a short review on it quickly .
Posted again:

He is going to get a pair of Sony MDR-EX35LP. I will update you after testing them!!!

please do tell me result of using Sony MDR-EX35LP with i450 since i am going to buy iphone headphones tomorrow but if sony ones are good then i will go with them .

Last edited:
OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Actually, less the sensitivity, the louder it will be.

No dude , higher the sensitivity , louder is the volume .
Following para is copy pasted from elsewhere

Why are some headphone louder than others?

Loudness is directly related to the impedance and sensitivity of the headphones. Impedance determines how much power the headphones will draw, while sensitivity indicates how much of the electrical signal delivered to the headphones is converted into sound. Because low impedance headphones draw more power from the amplifier they will sound louder, at the same control settings, than high impedance headphones. Also, headphones of higher sensitivity will sound louder than those of lower sensitivity. Check the manufacturer's spec sheet for impedance and sensitivity information.
Source

i am really confused regarding it even though iphone headphones are loud enough on i450 but i dont know its specs .

george101

Good Boy
how did u manage to get it for 9700rs. its around 12k here

My friend tried the new Apple stock headphones with this phone and he was saying that he couldn't believe his phone can be so loud and clear.

so whats the result???

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It certainly is. But you need to get the proprietary port to 3.5mm adapter like this one:

*www.amazon.com/Samsung-Blackjack-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B001BFRQPA

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
so is it not advisable to go for i450+ep630??
Certainly not , volume is really low if you like rock , on the otherhand is very good on stalk headphone and ipod headphones
Posted again:
It certainly is. But you need to get the proprietary port to 3.5mm adapter like this one:

*www.amazon.com/Samsung-Blackjack-Stereo-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B001BFRQPA

No the result is the same , i tried ep630 with the original headphone adapter that comes with g600 .
Posted again:
how did u manage to get it for 9700rs. its around 12k
My friend is a dealer and i got the phone for dealer price which is Rs 9700 , you would hardly find cheaper then this . But i paid more for 4gb card , scratchgaurd and original smartmovie . By the way i am selling my 15 day old i450 and getting a touchscreen .

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
*BUMP*

Got the I450 but volume through earphone is damn low. My old N73,W810i and Asus p320 were louder than this one though sound quality is great but I am not satisfied with overall loudness please help me to increase the sound production via earphone.

By the way I am pairing CXL 400 with it.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
ok after researching from 2-3 hours. I made my i450 damn loud via earphones and speakers !!! if anyone wants to know the trick lemme know !!!

Tamoghno

Padawan
Dont tease us krates , please please tell .

Btw , can you tell up about screen legibility outdoors compared to other phones you've used.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
^^^ Screen legibility is quite gr8 but sometimes it becomes a little hard to view in direct sunlight.

mm ok lemme compare it to N73

Wins

display = I450 > N73
music = I450 >>> N73
Speed = I450 >> N73
Tweaking = I450 > N73
Data Transfer = I450 >> N73 (Because of pop port ~X( )
Keypad = I450 >> N73 (best keypad i have used till now)
Speaker = I450 > N73 ( Though N73 had the loudest speaker but after my hack I450 speakers has become little bit more audible then N73)

Loses

Camera = N73 >>>>>> I450
Support = N73 >>>>>> I450
Connectivity = N73 > I450 (facing some bluetooth problem and yea i use infrared lol)
N-Gage = N73 > I450 (Ngage can be installed but only some games will run)
Gallery = N73 >> I450 (I just love Nseries gallery)

I will be posting the trick by tomorrow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom