Getting Late night missed Calls from weird numbers for past 2 Days

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys,kind of need help in this matter...i am getting late night missed calls from some strange numbers...

+447937947111- this one called at 2:30 in the morning...

+447937947162- this number called yest as well...

Are these international numbers?...are these some kind of scam or something...a friend told me to avoid calling this number or even picking it up..i did answer the second one but got disconnected later & my bill shot up quite a bit..Can anyone throw light on these so called telecom scams..how do i stop them from calling me?

EDIT:- +44793794160 givess a missed call at 8am...wtf is going on??What should i do??This is getting annoying...how the hell did they get my number??Help..

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Google those telephone numbers. Others have also faced the same problem.

telefonnummer.us/en/447937947111/

Piyush

Lanaya
It happened with me too, though only once
I received the call and after picking it up, for like 16 secs of conversation, Rs 15 were deducted.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
be careful its a scam!! .. I got a call from Oman.. when picked the call got disconnected..

even i use to get missed calls from no's starting from +375,these are international premium no's something,you will be charged upto 50rs if i am not wrong. Premium-rate telephone number - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hrishi

I don't remember the exact number , I think the area code was +372 , and when i checked it was from Estonia. I think thats a gulf country.

I don't have any relatives or friends in Estonia . It was a scam for sure. It happened months back from now. I got them in morning.

Hrishi

I reported this to Airtel CC , but in vain. Those C.C. idiots said it was a test call from Airtel....and you might gt them again. I was like ......arghhhhhhh. :x:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I get calls from this no 0140* -
0140'9490041'
never picked it up though

Hello Sir, would like a new credit card. Even if you already have, this one is great. Free. Get 1 ticket free for 1 you buy. Rewards point. But sir it is free, why don't you get it. Please sir, why not ?

Flash

Lost in speed
Are you working in an Organization/project, that involves Onsite folks? OR
Your onsite friends playing franks with you? :blink:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
DoT had already issued a warning against these scams. DO NOT pick or call back, else you're responsible. Report them to TRAI/DoT.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
It happened with me too, though only once
I received the call and after picking it up, for like 16 secs of conversation, Rs 15 were deducted.

Thanks for the response guys..yeah i picked up & i got charged for it as well...

Are you working in an Organization/project, that involves Onsite folks? OR
Your onsite friends playing franks with you? :blink:

erm..nope..not working for any organisation/project..this thing started just out of the blue...i piked up again today evening & again after i pick..the call gets disconnected..if this is a prank,it must be one costly prank...

DoT had already issued a warning against these scams. DO NOT pick or call back, else you're responsible. Report them to TRAI/DoT.

Thanks a lot..wish i had seen this msg sooner..similar number called at 5:30..picked up & after that disconnected...this is frustrating really...

Top Bottom