Gaming sytem at around 50~k

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
you dont need a fx 8350 and its overclocking brouhaha, its already been proven that the i5 3470 is more than enough for the job and overclocking is overrated. Seriously save some $$$ and get a better gpu with that money. or more ram or an SSD

Cilus

laborare est orare
The price of HD 7870 and HD 7870 XT from Sapphire have been reduced in Kolkata. HD 7870 was available @ 15.2K + 4% tax last time I've checked.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ That's fantastic pricing for a card of 7870's caliber. 660's price should come down further.

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
I'm just adding this to the topic, which sites would you recommend to order these parts online (obviously I already know about flipkart)? The prices you guys quoted above is 1k less than the value on other sites. Local prices aren't any good either. Are there any other sites I should know about?

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
I will also need a pair of speaker (within the budget). Suggestions please :)

I dunno why I forgot about it :/

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores
WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::
What is your budget for Speakers ?

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Online IT Shop | Computer Hardware Shopping From Online IT Stores
WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::
What is your budget for Speakers ?
Well, I intend to fit it in the 56k budget and reducing ram to 4GB. I mentioned that I wanted all the parts but forgot about speakers until now. So there's no seperate budget for it.

BTW, Primeagb doesn't have any stock for 8350 and the motherboard.

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Update: I'm current thinking of dropping to FX-6300 since many people are saying that it won't be a noticeable difference in gaming. Should I do it? And which motherboard and PSU should go with it?

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
What have you decided till now?
Dropping to FX 6300 since people are saying there won't be a difference in gaming, and changing the motherboard and PSU to fit the processor (if needed, you guys tell me). And buying some decent 2k speakers with money saved.

Do you guys recommend this change?

I would also like to add that this is not a strictly gaming machine. Gaming will be 50% of what I'll do most of the time.

I've decided to create a new thread, because the current build has gone over my budget (my bad).

Last edited:
Top Bottom