Gaming sytem at around 50~k

sygeek

Technomancer
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Modern gaming and I wouldn't mind if it supports 3D Graphics software decently.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 50~k, can extend upto 5k more. Don't hesitate to mention mention better components if it goes slightly over the budget.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not at the moment, but I would want it to be overclockable for the future. In short, yes.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7/8, Linux Mint

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yup. Screen size..I dunno you tell me what is the general choice around this budget.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I'm planning to buy everything. Monitor, speakers, keyboard, webcam etc.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within the next 1.5 months, not really sure. Could be a week ahead from now, no fixed time.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Nope, never built it before and I'll do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Lucknow, I'm planning to buy online if it is cheaper than local shops and vice versa.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: A bus carrying only ugly people crashes into an oncoming truck, and everyone inside dies. They then get to meet their maker, and because of the grief they have experienced; He decides to grant them one wish each, before they enter Paradise. They're all lined up, and God asks the first one what the wish is. "I want to be gorgeous," and so God snaps His fingers, and it is done. The second one in line hears this and says "I want to be gorgeous too." Another snap of His fingers and the wish is granted. This goes on for a while but when God is halfway down the line, the last guy in line starts laughing. When there are only ten people left, this guy is rolling on the floor, laughing. Finally, God reaches this guy and asks him what his wish will be. The guy calms down and says: " Make 'em all ugly again."

Actually, no, that's it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
FX-8350 @ 11.5K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K
Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 MHz CL9 DDR3 4GB X 2 @ 3.5K
Toshiba 1 TB SATA 6 Gbps HDD @ 4K
Seasonic Eco 600 600W 80+ PSU @ 4.2K
NZXT Source 210 Elite @ 2.6K
Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Dual Fan @ 13.5K (mdcomputers.in)
Lenovo Gaming Mouse M6811 @ 0.7K
Any good Keyboard @ 0.3K
Asus/Samsung 24X DVD R/W @ 1K
Acer S220HQL 21.5" LED @ 7.7K

Total: 56K

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
FX-8350 @ 11.5K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K
Any good Keyboard @ 0.3K

Would it be possible to include 3570k instead of FX-8350 without much of a compromise on price or performance? What would be your opinion?

Last edited:

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Why do you need a I5 3570K? If you go with it you have to buy a good ocing mobo which will cost you more 6K and you have to sacrifice on other components like gfx card.
+1 for Cilus Config

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Why do you need a I5 3570K? If you go with it you have to buy a good ocing mobo which will cost you more 6K and you have to sacrifice on other components like gfx card.
+1 for Cilus Config
Hmm, that makes more sense. Not as if this is already going over my budget, will it be possible to fit in a 7870 instead?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Get
I5 3470 @ 11k
Gigabyte GAB75M @ 4k
HD 7870 @ 16.3k
You have to sacrifice ocing.
You can also go with DELL S2240L IPS panel @ 8K.

Hmm, that makes more sense. Not as if this is already going over my budget, will it be possible to fit in a 7870 instead?
Sapphire hd7870 will come for ~16k, sending the total price to 59k. The config suggested by Cilus is really good. The only thing you can exclude is 4 Gb ram. get 4 Gb instead of 8 GB and including a 7870 will become easier.

thaluageek

Broken In
FX-8350 @ 11.5K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K
Any good Keyboard @ 0.3K

OP can Skip OPD
get a CM elite 310
a Normal KB+mouse combo (MK200)
and he will be able to get HD 7870. really good GFX at 1080p:-o

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Sapphire hd7870 will come for ~16k, sending the total price to 59k. The config suggested by Cilus is really good. The only thing you can exclude is 4 Gb ram. get 4 Gb instead of 8 GB and including a 7870 will become easier.

oops no no no.. do not cut down your RAM size here and instead try pinching your pockets more to sqeeze out bucks for 7870.

Its totally worth spending the extra 3K for a 7870.

Why cutting down the RAM as its hardly ~1.5K for a stick and the OP still has to shellout 1.5K to reach for 7870.
That's true. Let me quote my statement:

Got the point?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
That's true. Let me quote my statement:

Got the point?

I understood your point but what I am trying to tell you is that reducing a stick frees only 1.5 at max which still means OP has to arrange for another 1.5K and how is it even helping him?? if the stick was a trade off for OP to get 7870 directly, he surely should have gone for it.. a 1.5K reduction in a ~50K pc isnt anything at all. Besides 4GB RAM is just above average/decent and 8GB makes it content.

Hope you got my point here :)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Choices :
1. Sacrifice better graphics and stick to config suggested by Cilus.
2. Sacrifice OCing, better processor and opt for the intel option by Sainatarajan and take the HD7870.

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Choices :
1. Sacrifice better graphics and stick to config suggested by Cilus.
2. Sacrifice OCing, better processor and opt for the intel option by Sainatarajan and take the HD7870.
I'll go with the first, thanks for the configuration Cilus :)

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Bump. I'm aiming to buy this build around this week. Can anyone confirm the build or is there anything to update after 1.5 months?

FX-8350 @ 11.5K
Asus M5A97 Evo @ 7K
Any good Keyboard @ 0.3K

Top Bottom