Gaming PC 55k

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Buddy, you are not getting the point. Whatever budget OP has, he can fit a better Graphics card with the AMD configuration which is actually crucial for gaming performance.

yes i know that,with amd you will better gpu

but iam talking about 60k budget of op

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
I5 3570k was chosen because it is the most popular one in benches. I dont know why you chose udh3 as an entry level mobo? Extreme 3 could have zufficed.

But my recommendation would still be i5 3450/3470 + z75mobo
Or
4th gen i5 with h87mobo which was actually right and the perfect choice from the beggining.

On the gpu side the saved money can got to buying more ram, hdd, ssd, or gtx 770 which takes 40w less, is more silent and has a gtx titan cooler ^_^
And i dont want any bench bs on this because gtx 770 performed 2% better or worse than hd 7970 ghz edition with day 1 drivers, can be sli ed and we all know nvidia benefits ( adaptive aa and experience etc.) The only thing is I am unsure about its availability but on the positive side newer is better and more exclusive ;-)

And mind all of you, all the benches I showed were on stock i5 3570k which is equal to i5 3470 and 4th gen haswell is 15% faster with 4 more bins to oc so will be equivalent or slightly better than 3570k oced

OP
M

manuabraham

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in reply, was shifting to a new house. Anyway, I read some articles about AMD/INTEL and also NVIDIA cards and Sapphire cards. As per some reviews, sapphire cards are not as powerful as same range nvidia card, but i kinda have a feeling that some of it is marketing ploy.

As for this topic, no offense to any of you, I'm sure all of you are technically gifted and you have a solid base from which you give your suggestions, but in this case, I want to listen to cilus, he seems more certain about things. So its an AMD rig, it took a loong time reading through all the stuff that you guys posted :O.
And to confirm once again -> 60k is maximum for me, I live in chennai now, and its bloody hot here, so I hope the rig is capable of handling this heat (even while gaming).

to add, I know there is something called SLI where you can put two cards together, I am interested in that because I will be able to purchase another card a few months after that ....

Cilus

laborare est orare
As per your query (through PM), you can easily go with the Sapphire HD 7970 VAPOR-X OC with boost version and no components needs to be updated for that. One thing you can do, get a 600W+ PSU for being on the safer side. Corsair GS600 or Seasonic SS12II 620 is the best choice and both are available within 5K range in local markets.

Also for the cards, 1st check local market please. I got mine at 21.3K including tax from Vedant Computer, Kolkata

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay in reply, was shifting to a new house. Anyway, I read some articles about AMD/INTEL and also NVIDIA cards and Sapphire cards. As per some reviews, sapphire cards are not as powerful as same range nvidia card, but i kinda have a feeling that some of it is marketing ploy.

As for this topic, no offense to any of you, I'm sure all of you are technically gifted and you have a solid base from which you give your suggestions, but in this case, I want to listen to cilus, he seems more certain about things. So its an AMD rig, it took a loong time reading through all the stuff that you guys posted :O.
And to confirm once again -> 60k is maximum for me, I live in chennai now, and its bloody hot here, so I hope the rig is capable of handling this heat (even while gaming).

to add, I know there is something called SLI where you can put two cards together, I am interested in that because I will be able to purchase another card a few months after that ....
Buddy, Sapphire and Nvidia are two completely different things. Nvidia (and AMD) manufacture the GPU and Sapphire (and other companies) manufacture the graphic card and use Nvidia's or amd's GPU on them. Sapphire HD7970, Asus HD7970 or any other HD7970 all have identical GPUs; the difference is in the PCB, the extra features and components they put in the card. And of course in different cooler. There may be some specific company's card that may be faster than others, but thats just because tat company increased the base clock which you can do too very easily and thats called overclocking. So please, dont compare a chip manufacture with a card manufacture.

OP
M

manuabraham

Right off the assembly line
Alright.. I was actually comparing nividia zotac card to a sapphire card...anyway...
Is it possible to have a cross fire set up (I think that's the word for 2 card's,if not, I'm sorry) in the future with the amd rig that u guys have mentioned

Alright.. I was actually comparing nividia zotac card to a sapphire card...anyway...
Is it possible to have a cross fire set up (I think that's the word for 2 card's,if not, I'm sorry) in the future with the amd rig that u guys have mentioned
Using multiple Nvidia cards: SLI
Using multiple AMD cards: CrossFire or XFire.

What config are you going with?

Using multiple Nvidia cards: SLI
Using multiple AMD cards: CrossFire or XFire.

What config are you going with?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@op which components you decided?

if you are going for for multigpus then,get Asus Direct cuii gtx 660ti 2gb @21k

varun004

Journeyman
Out of 60k, 8k for monitor (22 inch 1080p) and 6k for 64 bit windows 7/8 licensed copy. Rest ~46k for building a crossfire/sli capable set up. What components are you suggesting for this within that budget ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then the Motherboard also needs to be updated to 990X or 990FX based Motherboard. M5A99FX PRO R2.0, around 10K is a good choice.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I think you are right. There are couple of games like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2 and the latest Crysis 3 which are heavily optimized to use up to 8 Cores. Now due to the architecture in the current consoles, game developers will be happy to use multi-core optimization in the console version of the games which in turns enable them to port it very easily to PC as the underlying architecture for PC and Consoles are almost same...same x86 micro architecture.

Battlefield 3 SP is not that optimized for multiple cores.It is well optimized to use up to 4 cores.Crysis 2 is also not that optimized.
In crysis 3 both fx8350 and i5 3470 perform close.According to both techspot's test and tomshardware test they were quite close in average fps.Some portions benchmarked by different sites show fx8350 better than i5 35xx,those parts are mostly with vegetation.In crysis 3 part of rendering is off loaded to CPU,things like mesh merging,physical simulation etc are offloaded to CPU.

Ivy runs hotter because intel used cheap paste. Else sandy bridge wont even give you that point. Add to that that intel has a poorer cooler, ivy has to run hotter. But this is nothing a cm evo wont fix. The clocks proposed on fx are also not on stock cooler. And your point about amd's different philosophy is just bs. First gen fx were clocked a lot lower. If amd had any kind of advantage, they will reduce tdp instead of frequency which is not clearly the case. I5 is better than gaming and not a single site will support your argument cilus. Amd sells better cooler because they have to dissipate a lot more heat and they cant ask for profit margins like intel.

Ivy Bridge's problem is because of the TriGate Transistor used, not cheaper paste.

he is right about the cheap paste. Its all over ocn forums, they delidded the chip and applied different paste and saw huge temp drops. In some cases 20 to 30 degrees. And games being multi core in future is true but i5 is fast enough to compete with 8-core amd cpus.

Well,ivy bridge running hotter at same clocks is not all down to the thermal paste.Sandy bridge parts used fluxless solder.
The IHS in Ivy bridge is not soldered on the die.From sandy to ivy the effective area has reduced and amount of heat/area is more.
The much cooler operation of ivy bridge processors after delidding is due to the distance reduction between CPU die and IHS.
The CPU TIM doesn't affect things that noticeably in the context(cooler operation of i7 3770k after delidding).
TriGate transistor design is fine.

Ah! please Check Wht you want to say ...(there are no VRMs theres just one Voltage regulator module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Designers aren't lame enough to design a socket of 10W for a 125W proccy..
All MobO manufacturers do check this point in design stage itself...

BTW can't you recall old days of power hungry C2Q running on cheap MobOs??
Also according to my arithmetic 95*2 is not 125W
neither is 84*2 = 125W

FX 8350 consumes just 28.5% more as compared to IVY
& 48% as compared to Haswell So its nowhere near 200%

That's not the way to calculate power consumption.Under load fx8350 consumes ~70-100Watts more than ivy i7 3770k.At higher overclocks the gap widens by much.That being said,idle state power consumptions are quite fine and they run cooler,it won't have a big impact on electric bills for some normal day to day usage.

On the gpu side the saved money can got to buying more ram, hdd, ssd, or gtx 770 which takes 40w less, is more silent and has a gtx titan cooler ^_^
And i dont want any bench bs on this because gtx 770 performed 2% better or worse than hd 7970 ghz edition with day 1 drivers, can be sli ed and we all know nvidia benefits ( adaptive aa and experience etc.) The only thing is I am unsure about its availability but on the positive side newer is better and more exclusive ;-)

Most Gtx770 by different vendors use their own coolers instead of the reference cooler(the one also used in gtx titan) as it is pricier.

For single card set up i5 4430+hd7950 or fx8350+hd7950 some of the options.
For multi-GPU with fx8350,get a better board than M5A97(x16-x4 for crossfire),something like Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 rev. 3.0(x8-x8 for SLI/crossfire) ~9.2k or M5A99FX PRO(dual x16 for SLI/crossfire) would do.

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
@op as you can see, to go for a sli rig you need a 10k mobo, comparable one for intel is extreme 4. So now there wont be any huge cost savings these guys were bragging like before and you will get decreased fps across the board. So now your wish, do you want 8 core bragging rights or real gaming performance ;)

And actually msi just released some budget gaming mobos going by GA before their model numbers. I think GA 65 Something supported sli and got great reviews. Is around 8-9k I think on flipkart?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@ op please tell your whole budget for pc so that we able to help you to get best components

you cannot get sli setup in 60k as you need better mobo and psu

varun004

Journeyman
@vkl sandy uses solder b/w chip and ihs. the thermal conductivity of solder is far better than thermal paste. At ocn people who used a thermals paste callled coolaboratory its almost is a liquid metal paste had way better temps than generic thermal pastes. I mean if they just soldered that goddamn chip to ihs there would ve not been any heat problems.

Last edited:
Top Bottom