Gaming PC 55k

manuabraham

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Games - Max Payne 3, GTA 5, Fifa 14, Crysis 3 (med settings), Hitman Absolution

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:55k is budget , can maybe extend to 60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 8 ( I dont have a copy, so price need to be included in the above budget)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500gb will do fine, wont say no to 1 tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Yes I need a monitor, you guys suggest one for good gaming

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Keyboard, Mouse, Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: End of June or End of July

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Need an assembler, Please suggest one I can find in Chennai

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Live in chennai as of now, wouldnt mind buying locally or online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Got screwed once on a pc, looong back when i was 15, dont want to make the same mistake, I need your help.
Also, stressing on the fact that I need an assembler from Chennai, and I dont know anything about building computers so I hope you guys mention all the parts necessary for it to run :), also, you guys can tell me where I will be lacking in the budget departments and also what I can expect from the rig you suggest
thanks

Intel rig:i5 3550 (13k)
gigabyte b75m dh3 (4k)
g.skill ripjawsx 1600 MHz 4 GB RAM (2.2k
)wd blue 500 GB (3k)
seasonic s12II 520W (4.2k)
asus hd7870 (16.5k)
nzxt gamma (2.5k)
dell s2240l (8.5k)
total: around 57k

amd rig:fx 8350 (12k)
asus m5a97 evo r2.0 (7k)
everything else same

Last edited by a moderator:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel i5 3550 - rs 12200

Intel z77 ml-45k mobo - rs 4600

G.skill ripjaws 1600mhz 4gb ram - rs 2200

Seasonic s12 520w psu - rs 3900

Nzxt source 210 cabinet - rs 2,900

Dell s2240l ips led - rs 8500

Wd cavier blue 1tb - rs 3700

Saphhire hd 7950 - 3gb with boost - rs 22000

Total - rs 60,000

This gaming rig would be best for you
:)

Cilus

laborare est orare
In case of Intel configuration, get the following:-

Intel Core i5 4430 @ 12K
MSI H87M-G43 Motherboard Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) Micro ATX @ 6K

As Haswell or 4th Generation Core Processors are available at the same range, better opt for them instead of Ivy Bridge. It offers slightly better performance and will keep the future Processor upgrade path open.

In case of Intel configuration, get the following:-

Intel Core i5 4430 @ 12K
MSI H87M-G43 Motherboard Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) Micro ATX @ 6K

As Haswell or 4th Generation Core Processors are available at the same range, better opt for them instead of Ivy Bridge. It offers slightly better performance and will keep the future Processor upgrade path open.
Didn't knew its already available.

OP
M

manuabraham

thanks for the suggestions guys, so with the configurations that harshil/ashish posted, what sort of graphic levels can i obtain from games like max payne 3, hitman absolution etc??
also, i thought haswell is not released yet in india?

Intel rig:i5 3550 (13k)
gigabyte b75m dh3 (4k)
g.skill ripjawsx 1600 MHz 4 GB RAM (2.2k
)wd blue 500 GB (3k)
seasonic s12II 520W (4.2k)
asus hd7870 (16.5k)
nzxt gamma (2.5k)
dell s2240l (8.5k)
total: around 57k

amd rig:fx 8350 (12k)
asus m5a97 evo r2.0 (7k)
everything else same

Which would be better, gaming wise/stability?? intel or amd?? im sorry if this is noobish question, but I dont have a clue.

thanks for the suggestions guys, so with the configurations that harshil/ashish posted, what sort of graphic levels can i obtain from games like max payne 3, hitman absolution etc??
also, i thought haswell is not released yet in india?

Which would be better, gaming wise/stability?? intel or amd?? im sorry if this is noobish question, but I dont have a clue.

For just gaming, currently Intel has a lead over AMD, but AMD is catching fast. As Haswell is gonna be available in some time, so should wait for it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Couple of Haswell Processors are already available. Core i5 4530 + H87 Motherboard combination will come around (12+6)K = 18K. Check smcinternational.in for it. But believe me, at your budget FX-8350 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 will be a better choice. As games are becoming multithreaded (See Crysis 3 scaling in different Processors), a 8 Core Processor like FX-8350/FX-8320 will have an advantage.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Absolutely yes to AMD proccy..
It can be overclocked to a much greater extent as compared to Haswell & Ivy too

OP
M

manuabraham

alright... i think I wil go for an AMD rig, FX-8350 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0.. what about the rest of the parts?

also, I keep playin for quiet some time, so Normally my laptop heats up really bad, can u guys help with a cooling system aswell? ( i dont really know if it is sold separately or as part of one of the components u mentioned above)

and finally , what about the dvd drive [ noob :( ] ?

Also, If I can get a ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card, will it be compatable with the rest of the stuff you mentioned? processor/motherboard/ram etc etc??

alright... i think I wil go for an AMD rig, FX-8350 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0.. what about the rest of the parts?

also, I keep playin for quiet some time, so Normally my laptop heats up really bad, can u guys help with a cooling system aswell? ( i dont really know if it is sold separately or as part of one of the components u mentioned above)

Also, If I can get a ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 680 2 GB DDR5 Graphics Card, will it be compatable with the rest of the stuff you mentioned? processor/motherboard/ram etc etc??

GTX680 is overkill for single monitor IMO. What price are you getting it at?

Considering that you are getting it for pretty low price to justify the purchase, here are the changes you'll need to make to the config I previously mentioned:

corsair TX650V2
Larger cabinet, like Corsair 400R.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

See FX 8350 has good default cooling but if you want you may buy a CM 212Evo for 2K

As far as GFX is considered get this Sapphire VAPOR-X HD 7970 3GB Graphic Card @ 30k
or
*smcinternational.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=108_125&product_id=1448 @ 26.8k

PSU : Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU - Seasonic: Flipkart.com @ 5.5k

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ The Gigabyte HD 7970 OC with boost with its own Wind force triple Fan Cooler is one of the best custom PCB based HD 7970 available. It is already overclocked to 1000 MHz, level of a GHz edition + you can overclock it to almost 1250 MHz level. The price differece with other custom cards is more than 3K and I think it is the best choice.

OP
M

manuabraham

thanks for the suggestions guys.. but yea, i dont think i can cough up that much ( I thought of selling my phone ), anyway that wont do it..
so revised back to the old budget of 60k (AMD RIG)

vaibhavs800

Journeyman
But believe me, at your budget FX-8350 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 will be a better choice. As games are becoming multithreaded (See Crysis 3 scaling in different Processors), a 8 Core Processor like FX-8350/FX-8320 will have an advantage.

Now you are definitely paid by amd or just trolling. Fx beating i5 that too haswell one in gaming. That claim is just bogus sir. Xbox one and ps4 have jaguar cores which are not even anywhere close to i series level of performance, Games are going to be influenced by gpu more than cpu but 8 jaguar cores being faster than an i5, I dont think so. Jaguar was chosen for low tdp. Its an atom competitor.

Conclusion: Intel kicks amd's ass in gaming

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Now you are definitely paid by amd or just trolling. Fx beating i5 that too haswell one in gaming. That claim is just bogus sir. Xbox one and ps4 have jaguar cores which are not even anywhere close to i series level of performance, Games are going to be influenced by gpu more than cpu but 8 jaguar cores being faster than an i5, I dont think so. Jaguar was chosen for low tdp. Its an atom competitor.

This might help you understand fact..

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performance-benchmark-gaming,3451-8.html

*www.techspot.com/review/642-crysis-3-performance/page6.html

[GameGPU] Crysis 3 Final - GPU & CPU scaling

*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?285161-More-Crysis-3-CPU-benchmarks

Last edited:

Allow me to clear things.

Couple of Haswell Processors are already available. Core i5 4530 + H87 Motherboard combination will come around (12+6)K = 18K. Check smcinternational.in for it. But believe me, at your budget FX-8350 + Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 will be a better choice. As games are becoming multithreaded (See Crysis 3 scaling in different Processors), a 8 Core Processor like FX-8350/FX-8320 will have an advantage.

Notice something (hint: its the bold words you probably skipped)?

Top Bottom