Gaming computer for 90k-95k.

Dr.Kumar

Broken In
Hey people!
I want to buy a new computer for gaming. My budget is really huge so I want the best of everything- the looks; the performance and reliability.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming + Programming + (very little) 3D Modelling, internet surfing. Mainly gaming, others are \"extras\" :D

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes, if it not compromises on performance

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 95k, but try to keep it low. 8|

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Not now, but after a few years when I feel performance getting low

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7 64 bit

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: 1TB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: want a HD monitor

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 3

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Myself.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: After Diwali

11. Are you one of the types looking out for \"future proof\" configurations?
A: Yes, Who isn\'t?

12. Are there going to be any components that you don\'t want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: --

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Delhi, can purchase from Mumbai too; but not online!

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:

No SSDs please
No Dual GPU! But support for future SLI is needed!
I want to go for a gaming keyboard and mouse. Please suggest which.
A transparent side panel is needed!
Want 8GB RAM
Will edit the post if want to add anything else.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Component Make Price
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k 15900
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3800
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 11500
RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 3300
Graphic Card MSI 6950 TFIII 15000
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2700
DVD Writer LG 22X SATA DVD 900
PSU Corsair TX850 V2 6800
Case Lian Li Lancool K58W 4300
Monitor Asus ML238H 11000
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2000
Keyboard RAzer Arctosa 2000
Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Dragon Age II Edition 900
UPS APC 1.1KVA 4300
Speakers Altec Lancing VS4621 3200
Total 87,600

Last edited:

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
^^ killer config there

though i believe op should wait for sandy bridge -e processors as they are spending quiet a moolah.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The config is very good but for Graphics card, get the MSI HD 6970 2GB version @ 19K.

OP
D

Dr.Kumar

Broken In
Component Make Price
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k 15900
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12P-SE2 3800
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 11500
RAM Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL 3300
Graphic Card MSI 6950 TFIII 15000
HDD Seagate 1TB 7200.12 2700
DVD Writer LG 22X SATA DVD 900
PSU Corsair TX850 V2 6800
Case Lian Li Lancool K58W 4300
Monitor Asus ML238H 11000
Mouse Razer Deathadder 2000
Keyboard RAzer Arctosa 2000
Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Dragon Age II Edition 900
UPS APC 1.1KVA 4300
Speakers Altec Lancing VS4621 3200
Total 87,600
Thanks!
I don\\\'t need a mousepad.
I need a 5.1 speaker system.

I am not in tech very much, so sorry if some questions are stupid:
I like G110 gaming mouse. Is Arctosa better than it?
Can that GPU be SLIed in future?
I have never heard of Lian Li Lancool cabinet, and I want to stay away from local ones. Any better suggestion?

^^ killer config there

though i believe op should wait for sandy bridge -e processors as they are spending quiet a moolah.
What\\\'s that and how long is \\\"wait\\\"?

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
^^+1^^. You can also get a mechanical keyboard like blackwidow(ultimate if affordable). It is great for gaming.

Last edited:

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k -----> Rs 15.6k
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D-14 -----> Rs 5k
M/B: MSI's Z68A-GD65 -----> Rs 10.9k
RAM: Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 2*4GB -----> Rs 4.15k
GPU: MSI R6970 GDDR5 2GB Lightning -----> Rs 21.2k
HDD: WD Black 1TB 7200 ------> Rs 4k
DVD: Asus 24X -----> Rs 1.15k
PSU: SeaSonic SS-850AT 850W 80+ Bronze -----> Rs 6.6k
MONITOR: BenQ V2410 24" LED -----> Rs 13.5k
SPEAKER: Altec Lansing VS4621 2.1 -------> Rs 2.95k
KB + MOUSE: Razer Deathadder + Arctosa Silver -----> Rs 4.3k

TOTAL (+ 1k) ------> Rs 90.35k

^^Case not included.

P.S. I have included the best parts you can get out of 95k, but if you need the UPS too, you can consider a cheap LED Monitor and Hard Drive.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
+1 for tech_wiz suggested config
some modification in that config could be done such as
1. asus maxinus gene-z (z68 mobo)
2.more Ram could be brought around 16gb gskill cl9 1600mhz
3.any amd 6970 2gb could be brought.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, while suggesting, make sure you are covering Op's requirements first. He clearly mentioned in his 2nd post that he needs a 5.1 speaker system and all the configs given after that still carries 2.1 system.

Kumar, you can get Creative T6100 5.1 system @ 3.6K.

The GPU suggested in from AMD/ATI Radeon and it can be Crossfired with another 6900 series of GPU. Crossfire is the ATI equivalent of nVidia SLI.

Lian Li Lancool is not at all any local cabinet maker, they build quality cabinets and one of the bests.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Guys, while suggesting, make sure you are covering Op's requirements first. He clearly mentioned in his 2nd post that he needs a 5.1 speaker system and all the configs given after that still carries 2.1 system.

Kumar, you can get Creative T6100 5.1 system @ 3.6K.

The GPU suggested in from AMD/ATI Radeon and it can be Crossfired with another 6900 series of GPU. Crossfire is the ATI equivalent of nVidia SLI.

Lian Li Lancool is not at all any local cabinet maker, they build quality cabinets and one of the bests.

Thanks Cilus for pointing that out.

Sarath

iDota
Proc, Ram, Mobo, HDD etc are all good. I would just say this:

GFX: Definitely ATI 6970(19k) or higher (nVidia GTX580{25k}). Please check release date for 7xxx series. Its 2012 I suppose, in which case you can ditch them. During a (not so) recent debate it was concluded that SLI/Crossfire gives better results for the same price than a single card. But of course it's your call in the end.

Monitor: You can get a decent monitor for 9k but if you want a really good one check this Dell U2311H or an Asus IPS panel (I can't remember model number)

KB: G110 from logitech. Or sidewinder X4. The arctosa is good too but those have better features than the arctose.

Mouse: Logitech G500: Awesome gaming mouse, good warranty and used by many here. Would have said "Razer Imperator" but you can see my problem with it here

Case: I have the NZXT Tempest Evo. A beast of a case and looks good too. I can vouch for it since I own one. Yours @5.5k (approx.) But having said that the Haf X and Lian Li cases are either on par or maybe better than this. Largely personal preference as all three are huge, airy, accomodative cases.

Speakers: I suggest you do not compromise on the aural experience. Make a seperate budget for speakers and give them their due attention. Check 5.1 solutions that are good and would suit your preference. If you are not an extreme audiophile then you can go with the suggestions given here.

As a reference you can check my PC (down in siggy-jumping smiley) that crossed the lakh mark. Bought in may so (I hate to say this) it is a little old.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
look, new gpu are going to be released in december or jan. so forget idea of future sli.
its obvious you wont buy a previous generation card when new are launched.

so my suggestion for mainly gaming-

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11200
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55|9800
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL|3300
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB * 2 Crossfire|30500
HDD |Seagate 1TB 7200.12|2900
DVD Writer |ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD|1150
PSU |SeaSonic SS-850AT|6600
Case |Lancool PC-K62 Black/Corsair Carbide 400R|5250
Monitor |Dell ST2320L|9500
Mouse |Razer DeathAdder Black|1950
Keyboard |Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000|1150
UPS |APC 1.1KVA|4300
Speakers |Edifier C2|3200
| Total |90800

get the best your money can get you now.
nobody knows about future. tech world is fast changing ;-) :mrgreen:

and core i5 2500k is sufficient for gaming.

arko1983

In the zone
for kb & mouse check my thread.its best for budget 6.5 k. or u can buy mouse first 3k & get kb later.buy a cheap one for Rs200 now.Do not buy razer products(da is an exception) after reading several feedback in this forum & elsewere i can confirm they always have some issues with ther mouse or kb etc.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/147659-gaming-keyboard-mouse.html

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Jas, I think OP should go with Z68A-GD80, a full ATX board if he's going for HD 6950 CF. HD 6950 is a huge card and crossfire it in a mATX board is not a good solution because the gap between the two cards will be very very less, resulting poor airflow and heat generation. Also it will stop OP to add peripheral components on it.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Jas, I think OP should go with Z68A-GD80, a full ATX board if he's going for HD 6950 CF. HD 6950 is a huge card and crossfire it in a mATX board is not a good solution because the gap between the two cards will be very very less, resulting poor airflow and heat generation. Also it will stop OP to add peripheral components on it.

cilus its ATX buddy.
MSI Global – Mainboard - Z68A-GD55 (B3)

very well laid out. you see 2 slot gap b/w pcie slots.

here is gd80 -
MSI Global – Mainboard - Z68A-GD80 (B3)

OP
D

Dr.Kumar

Broken In
Thanks for your help everyone.
First I want to tell you my inverted commas were changing to \\\ due to some problems, so sorry for that!

And if 7xxx series of cards are really nice, then I will wait for them. For that I want a temporary card for gaming which I will sell after release of 7xxx. I guess a sub-10k gpu will be nice for this.

@ Cilius, thanks for info. Sorry I confused between Xfire and SLI. I am not in touch with tech very much.
I still dont want to go with Lian Li, sorry I have not heard its name so... :oops:

I searched for NZXT Tempest as Sarath suggested and its pretty nice, I will go for this only! I dont want HAF as it looks like a fighter tank... :|

Also, is CPU Cooler needed? I am not going to OC right now so shouldn't I purchase it when I will OC(about 1 year later)?

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
@Jaskanwar Singh Nice rig. I think a dual GTX 560-Ti Hawk would scale up a lil better than the 2 6950 Radeons. Not to mention nVIDIA supports PhysX eye-candy. And WD Black is a better solution than the Seagate you had suggested. MSI's GD65 board is a G3 revised, it would support PCI_E 3.0.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
For cabinet I would highly suggest CoolerMaster HAF X @10.5K as it can be easily at your budget. Full tower cabinets are one time investment, and for speakers Creative T6100 or Logitech Z506 is good option.

Top Bottom