Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
That is same as FarCry 2.

Hey tell me..compared to CryEngine 2, how hardware intensive is Duniya engine...?
For you, it probably won't be a big problem, but for me, I have to set everything to either medium or high and keep experimenting till I get good frame rates. But in Far Cry 2, I have seen figure touching 60fps at times and that's a good sign compared to CryEngine 2, which I have yet to see cross 50fps on my configuration. The variety of customisations DUNIA engine provides is very similar to CryEngine 2. Plus this game supports stereo 3D, which nVidia users can again benefit from. Simply put, it should run easily on your config with everything cranked up and depending on the resolution you play, you can max it out with AA as well.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Thanks Ethan. I also wanted to know..is it as dynamic as CE2.

Real Time of Day, destructible vegetation, god rays, occlusion mapping, skeletal system...etc. Does it have the level of detail and dynamicism (invented word) as CE2. How is the AI. Sorry never played on Duniya so was interested.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
You get to have these features in the engine (taken from Wiki):
* Destructible Environments
* Dynamic Fire Propagation
* Dynamic Weather System
* Real-Time Day/Night Cycles
* Dynamic Music System
* Non-scripted enemy A.I.
* RealTree (Real-Time Foliage Re-growth.)
* Dynamic AI Moral
* Weapon Malfunctions and Damage
* Parallax Mapping
* Soft Shadows
* HDR Lighting System
* Dynamic Ambient Lighting
* Radiositic Lighting or Indirect Lighting
* Natural Weather Vegitation Reactions
* Compatibility with Philips' amBX's environmental immersion system.

So I guess that would answer your question. The AI varies depending on how the game is designed. AVATAR, for instance, doesn't seem to offer any challenge at all. Far Cry 2, on the other hand, had some variation in terms of dodging grenades and getting cover, rather than being a bullet-bait.

The detail level given to Far Cry 2 is quite lush. The shadow detail in particular is very impressive. There were really awesome screenshots posted for it on Rage3D boards. I'll see if I can get it and post it here.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@Ethan - Perfectly told. Too much greenery. It's only suitable for a movie & it's looks great.

@jojo - How's Dragon Age: Origins?

BTW, people, please see this video and tell me which game's it. Or is it a movie? Anyway, it's awesome!

YouTube *Crysis 2 Gameplay*

I can't tell much as i haven't played more than 20 mins. I started as an Dalmis Elf. Did some mouse click talking. Entered a cave and (more spoilers). i thought i would be able to play with my x360 controller but sadly it is not supported. The grafix is good. To kill dudes all you need to do is right-click and to order your partner to do left-click. Nothing tactical. Just use the right charms at your advantage. I'll do a review after and few hrs of gameplay. And the minus point is that i've never done fighting by just right-click. I think i don't have much of an RPG experience. Just wait.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It looks like the Trailor for Crysis 2.

Cannot be from Crysis/Warhead -- to different. Also the NanoSuits looks different. Looks awesome.

Thanks...!

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^I see a game which's a treat to my eyes! It's awesome than ever, right?

D..D..Darn! I'm droolin' over this Assassino!

*th04.deviantart.net/fs45/300W/f/2009/125/5/2/AC_II___Ezio_Auditore_de_Firen_by_666Kinaki666.jpg

Can't wait for Assassin's Creed III!!

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
@Ethan - Perfectly told. Too much greenery. It's only suitable for a movie & it's looks great.

BTW, people, please see this video and tell me which game's it. Or is it a movie? Anyway, it's awesome!

YouTube *Crysis 2 Gameplay*
This is a rare Crysis trailer, not crysis 2 gameplay, I remember seeing this one in a mod forum back when I used to be a crazy Crysis fanatic.

Here's the uploader's Chanel, scroll below and read the channel comments.
*www.youtube.com/user/Bigfree1500
Other users also said so.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Here's the link for the CORE-X video made by Blur studios *www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkXsTSwbD4
After the development of Crysis game started, Crytek needed a benchmark video so that they could know what is the height of graphics they can reach, so they requested Blur studios (guys behind -terminator salvation), to use all the latest technologies available to make the video look as real as possible. Then two years later Crytek surpassed the Core-X video's visuals...anyway fck the guy who uploaded the video on youtube with crysis 2's gameplay name on it!! X-(

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Thank God, it ain't Crysis 2, but Crysis! So awesome? Phuc 'at uploader!

@jojo - Ye a PC user? Ye havin' any console?

Can't wait to see how bad the endin' is of ACII, I'm PM-in' Sun right away to know it. This a bad move?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ ALL : Please don't post spoilers to any game here. No need to spoil any game for anyone. Just a sincere request.

abrp2009

Broken In
You get to have these features in the engine (taken from Wiki):

So I guess that would answer your question. The AI varies depending on how the game is designed. AVATAR, for instance, doesn't seem to offer any challenge at all. Far Cry 2, on the other hand, had some variation in terms of dodging grenades and getting cover, rather than being a bullet-bait.

The detail level given to Far Cry 2 is quite lush. The shadow detail in particular is very impressive. There were really awesome screenshots posted for it on Rage3D boards. I'll see if I can get it and post it here.

I am playing Farcry2, it's graphics is very good but crysis have better.
how much better becomes the graphics when DX10 is turned on?

tkin

Back to school!!
I am playing Farcry2, it's graphics is very good but crysis have better.
how much better becomes the graphics when DX10 is turned on?
None, they look same in Far Cry 2. In crysis DX9 and 10 looks same if you unlock the Highest Setting with config hack, DX 10 games all look just like DX 9 counterparts in same settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom