Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished Assassin's Creed II on Xbox 360. A little review here-

Graphics-
Well, they are just fine. I played on a 42" full HD display and the Italian cities were totally stunning! They are better than the first game and the Italian setting gives it an advantage. Textures are pretty good, nice frame rates and great overall.
Can't compare to the likes of Crysis but most of the folks will like 'em.

Gameplay-
Here the game beats its predecessor big time. The game isn't repetitive. We have to take down people in different ways. Rooftop chases, sneaking and killing and even flying Leonardo Da Vinci's flying machine to get inside the Pallazo(Palace). Totally mind blowing.

Audio-
I really liked the soundtrack. Perfect music for every situation be it a chase, tight situations or victory. Voice acting and dialouges were also done very well....especially Ezio's :D

Story-
Once again AC II makes its predecessor look pale. The sory is so deep that you are just sucked into it. It's great to see how Ezio turns from a cocky teenager to a master assassin. *Spoiler Warning*...at one point of time we also get to play as Altair. The pieces of Eden aren't magical and the story turns Sci-Fi in this game. That's all I'd say as I don't wanna spoil others' fun. I simply loved the ending. Desmond becomes the Assassin and pwns some Abstergo thugs with the hidden blade....and the game ends.*Spoiler Warning* I was also a bit disappointed as I wanted to play a bit more with Desmond.

Overall- 10/10 for me. Anyone who has a console and isn't playing this game, 'I show you the middle finger.'

ajaybc

Youngling
MW2 has better looking graphics than Crysis in around 40% parts and way better optimised graphics all around IMHO.Even my PC can run it at 1440X900 4XAA at highest settings.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ ya. I agree with your point. Many gamers these days are taking their graphic card crumbling as a par for graphics in a game. Crysis was released in fourth quarter of 2007. and many games these days use latest technology and superiorly optimized game engines to takes less resources and to provide ass kicking visuals. I am not commenting on anything as i haven't played any game on max settings.. but playing Crysis @ medium and at 25FPS is less enjoyable then playing XXXX @ high settings and at 50+ frame rates.

Now Crysis fan boys, pardon me if i am wrong.

cyborg47

Technomancer
@nvidia..arey babu..i know that crysis is way ahead of any game in terms of visuals..i said MW2 looked better only in a few places..not the whole game...
PS:- Im a hardcore Crysis fan man!

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^You and me share common brain, know what I mean?

People, I extracted the images from CryMod's thread, it ain't mine, anyway, sorry :oops:. Red Mesa mod kicks a$$!! Darn! Crysis' havin' everythin'! It's moddable, out-of-the-world visuals, ballz-droppin' animations & everythin'! Awesome work, Crytek. Yeah, yeah, can't wait to get my hands on MW2!

@Sun - Completed!? How much hours a day have you been playin'? I'll play it no less than 3 months :D. Hell, I played CoJ: BiB for almost 4 months! Ye'r a "serious" gamer, eh. BTW, didn't read ye'r review, know why? :wink:

dinjo_jo

Padawan
Guys as i have said many times the textures are not great in MW2 its the lighting which is making the game more vibrant and lively.

***********MAJOR SPOILER*******************
@Ethan
I think I lost the plot of MW2 when is Makarov is been killed , as final mission is about Shepard did Makarov got killed when shooting the civilians in early missions.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Whats the length of gameplay for AC-II

Last edited:
Completed a few Level on BiA HH. I must say the game is awesome. The cut-scenes are long but very good. Playing this game is like watching a movie.

mastersquall

Broken In
right now i am playing Final fantasy 9(just can't stop my self playing final fantasy series again and again ) and COD4 multiplayer .

waiting for COD6 pc retail version

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
***********MAJOR SPOILER*******************
@Ethan
I think I lost the plot of MW2 when is Makarov is been killed , as final mission is about Shepard did Makarov got killed when shooting the civilians in early missions.
*SPOILER ALERT*
Makarov is still alive. The last mission focusses on Shepherd, as he turns out to be a traitor and gets hold of the Intel which Roach and Ghost obtain in the mountains. Price and Soap, hence focus all their attention towards Shepherd. They take him down and with Nikolai's help, escape from that place. Nothing is known of Makarov towards the end, so this indicates another sequel.
*SPOILER ALERT*

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
*SPOILER ALERT*
Makarov is still alive. The last mission focusses on Shepherd, as he turns out to be a traitor and gets hold of the Intel which Roach and Ghost obtain in the mountains. Price and Soap, hence focus all their attention towards Shepherd. They take him down and with Nikolai's help, escape from that place. Nothing is known of Makarov towards the end, so this indicates another sequel.
*SPOILER ALERT*

Are there any joint missions between SAS and USMC...??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
heck.. there is no USMC and SAS now.

I got the game this morning. I have just completed 'No Russian' Mission. The game is fantastic with it's cinematic presentation. But after playing this mission... the decision by Russia to rip the game is totally acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom