Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
@Ethan - Perfectly told. Too much greenery. It's only suitable for a movie & it's looks great.

@jojo - How's Dragon Age: Origins?

BTW, people, please see this video and tell me which game's it. Or is it a movie? Anyway, it's awesome!

YouTube *Crysis 2 Gameplay*
This is a rare Crysis trailer, not crysis 2 gameplay, I remember seeing this one in a mod forum back when I used to be a crazy Crysis fanatic.

Here's the uploader's Chanel, scroll below and read the channel comments.
*www.youtube.com/user/Bigfree1500
Other users also said so.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Here's the link for the CORE-X video made by Blur studios *www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYkXsTSwbD4
After the development of Crysis game started, Crytek needed a benchmark video so that they could know what is the height of graphics they can reach, so they requested Blur studios (guys behind -terminator salvation), to use all the latest technologies available to make the video look as real as possible. Then two years later Crytek surpassed the Core-X video's visuals...anyway fck the guy who uploaded the video on youtube with crysis 2's gameplay name on it!! X-(

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Thank God, it ain't Crysis 2, but Crysis! So awesome? Phuc 'at uploader!

@jojo - Ye a PC user? Ye havin' any console?

Can't wait to see how bad the endin' is of ACII, I'm PM-in' Sun right away to know it. This a bad move?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
@ ALL : Please don't post spoilers to any game here. No need to spoil any game for anyone. Just a sincere request.

abrp2009

Broken In
You get to have these features in the engine (taken from Wiki):

So I guess that would answer your question. The AI varies depending on how the game is designed. AVATAR, for instance, doesn't seem to offer any challenge at all. Far Cry 2, on the other hand, had some variation in terms of dodging grenades and getting cover, rather than being a bullet-bait.

The detail level given to Far Cry 2 is quite lush. The shadow detail in particular is very impressive. There were really awesome screenshots posted for it on Rage3D boards. I'll see if I can get it and post it here.

I am playing Farcry2, it's graphics is very good but crysis have better.
how much better becomes the graphics when DX10 is turned on?

tkin

Back to school!!
I am playing Farcry2, it's graphics is very good but crysis have better.
how much better becomes the graphics when DX10 is turned on?
None, they look same in Far Cry 2. In crysis DX9 and 10 looks same if you unlock the Highest Setting with config hack, DX 10 games all look just like DX 9 counterparts in same settings.

fieldgunner

Broken In
*i46.tinypic.com/2upp7ok.jpg

Got this from D2D...Machinarium, I'm playing it between MW2 levels to avoid finishing it too soon...:D

If you havnt played it, you dont know what you're missing...gorgeous, gorgeous game...

Edit- sorry for the full size screenshot, I felt it would do justice to the incredible graphics in this game...if someone has a problem, let me know and i'll replace it with a thumbnail...

Last edited:

abrp2009

Broken In
None, they look same in Far Cry 2. In crysis DX9 and 10 looks same if you unlock the Highest Setting with config hack, DX 10 games all look just like DX 9 counterparts in same settings.

please tell me then what benefit will i get if i go for vista or win7 instead xp

D

Deleted member 26636

Got this from D2D...Machinarium, I'm playing it between MW2 levels to avoid finishing it too soon...:D

If you havnt played it, you dont know what you're missing...gorgeous, gorgeous game...

Edit- sorry for the full size screenshot, I felt it would do justice to the incredible graphics in this game...if someone has a problem, let me know and i'll replace it with a thumbnail...

i know what you mean...i completed this game...its just "mind blowingly" amazing...but its also really tough..for some of the later levels i had to use the walkthrough...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist

The soft-mods do not exactly create the DX10 codepath rendered images. For example god-rays and soft moving shadows are not at all available to the DirectX 9 API.

If not being nit-picky one can make do with DirectX9. Version 11 is what the killer is.

See an example:
*bp2.blogger.com/_5V8-V0v20wo/SGmt1J2vToI/AAAAAAAAAEU/GmkSI1Gs0Mw/s400/directx_9_vs_10.jpg

Some Dragon Age Origins Screenies:-
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/51722_ajv4b/DAOrigins%202009-11-18%2022-52-59-29.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/51723_6no9k/DAOrigins%202009-11-18%2023-01-36-03.jpg
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/51724_ukx0x/DAOrigins%202009-11-18%2023-23-36-28.jpg

I must say the game is awesome.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently too much addicted to fallout 3.. what a great game it is...we can make choices in every aspects possible. :p

Playing Clive Berker's Jericho and GTA4 also :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom