Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ei8t

Journeyman
1. Lower Graphics settings and see if issue is resolved, if not the problem is something else.
2.See if the issue is only with COD or other games, if issue is with other games too try a driver reinstall, if you have rivatuner use driver reset feature.
3.When the game is running open task manager and see if any program consuming much CPU time, usual culprits are AV and auto update.
4.Make a backup and delete savegame folder and create new game.
5.Download furmark and stress your GPU,

thanks for the help...

1. I tried with lower settings but not much fps boost.. only minute.

2. I think this is the issue with only COD games. I play every games with high settings with decent fps without any lad. (except crysis where I get around 25fps)

3. Couldn't find any culprit.

4. Haven't tried it yet. but how does it matter?

5. I dont want to stress the gpu. I played cod4 with the same config without any lag and suddenly this happens...

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks for the help...

1. I tried with lower settings but not much fps boost.. only minute.

2. I think this is the issue with only COD games. I play every games with high settings with decent fps without any lad. (except crysis where I get around 25fps)

3. Couldn't find any culprit.

4. Haven't tried it yet. but how does it matter?

5. I dont want to stress the gpu. I played cod4 with the same config without any lag and suddenly this happens...
Weird, wait, do you have any power saving feature enabled? I remember Speedstep caused COD4 to lag horribly in my setup.

Ei8t

Journeyman
Weird, wait, do you have any power saving feature enabled? I remember Speedstep caused COD4 to lag horribly in my setup.

I dont think so... how to check the power saving feature? btw i tried the save game solution but no use.. same lag...

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^cant comment about splinter cell cos i havent played any of its series.but graw2 is amazing if you are a tactical shooter fan.

tkin

Back to school!!
I dont think so... how to check the power saving feature? btw i tried the save game solution but no use.. same lag...
Right click desktop, screensaver tab, power, in profile select "always on", also in bios look for something called speedstep and disable it, see if that helps, warning though, doing so will prevent your CPU from automatically lowering multiplier(hence clock-speed) @ idle and it will always run @ default clock speed and consume more power. It fixed my issue, may work for you but not guaranteed.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^Yeah, I love realistic TPS games 'cause they make me feel I'm watchin' a movie! Too bad I didn't get my hands on OF2, but I'll try these next week. Is there any game which's havin' realictic animations? I mean, like the Crysis Core-X video? We can see clippin' the assault scope & all that. Is there?

BTW, darn! I saw the video reviews of MW2 and ACII of GameSpot's, it's awesome! Kevin ye rock, bra!

tkin

Back to school!!
People, are Splinter Cell: Double Agent and GRAW2 worth playin'?
Double agent is stealth/espionage game and no direct head to head combat, you need to stay in the shadows, use cool gadgets and kill enemies silently.
GRAW2 is tactical shooter, nice but a bit slow paced.

I would chose Double Agent over GRAW2, but you may like GRAW 2 better.

Ei8t

Journeyman
Right click desktop, screensaver tab, power, in profile select "always on", also in bios look for something called speedstep and disable it, see if that helps, warning though, doing so will prevent your CPU from automatically lowering multiplier(hence clock-speed) @ idle and it will always run @ default clock speed and consume more power. It fixed my issue, may work for you but not guaranteed.

thanks... but putting the power on high performance didn't help.. i even uninstalled the drivers and cleaned with driversweeper and did a new install of drivers.. but that also didn't help...:-(

tkin

Back to school!!
thanks... but putting the power on high performance didn't help.. i even uninstalled the drivers and cleaned with driversweeper and did a new install of drivers.. but that also didn't help...:-(
Weird, try installing Call of Duty World At War, if you have it, if it also shows issue then your PC hates Activision:-o, if doesn't then it hates IW:p.

Ei8t

Journeyman
Weird, try installing Call of Duty World At War, if you have it, if it also shows issue then your PC hates Activision:-o, if doesn't then it hates IW:p.

I think my pc hates IW. I dont remember any issues with WAW... Is there any solution to my problem. I think my config is more than enough to play MW2 smoothly.. but why am i getting this lag? its getting frustrated....:-x

tkin

Back to school!!
I think my pc hates IW. I dont remember any issues with WAW... Is there any solution to my problem. I think my config is more than enough to play MW2 smoothly.. but why am i getting this lag? its getting frustrated....:-x
I don't get it, I never faced such issues with my current rig, I faced lags with games but nothing like your's, it seems a few games only are causing the problems, last thing I'd advice you to do is disable CCC and try, I remember when I had X1900XTX the CCC sometimes caused massive lags in a few games, disabling it fixed it. I can't help you any more, I tried googling but nothing that matches your issues.

BTW- Do you keep an eye on CPU/GPU temps when running games? maybe its throttling down due to high temps??
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
thank you. how is the game ? better than MW1?
by the way have you played Cod 5 WAW?
MW2 graphically is better than MW1 for sure, so is also multiplayer experience as some of my friends say(damn IW for disabling dedicated servers, but we have '"ahem...alternate Ways.."), the story is also good as I hear, I'll get it by this weekend and give a full review here.

Yes, I've played COD5 5-6 times to try all the difficulties, not bad but nowhere near COD4.

Last edited:

Davidboon

In the zone
For prople who are getting lag in MW2 , try running it on vista its runs smoothly . recently i moved on to xp and when i played the game on xp it started to lag and frames dropped below 30 fps , whereas on vista frames never dropped below 50 fps .

tkin

Back to school!!
IS MW2 a dx10/11 game?
recently dx11 released for vista, so whether it would be enough or win7 is better?
Its a DX9 game, and DX11 for vista is same as DX11 in win7, but games run a bit smoother in win7 due to general performance increase, not due to dx11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom