Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyan

Journeyman
Recently completed Starcraft: Wings of Liberty.. wow.. what a game.. I didnt play the first part. The idea of explaining the part 1 story while installing is great. it gets the summary. About the game, each level is different. no two levels are the same either in game play or environment or characters. though it is an RTS, some of the levels feel like an FPS. each level has different units, different gameplay, difficult choices to make which would put you in a real dilemma. The cutscenes are great and well animated with cool effects. Each twist is truly epic. One of the masterpieces.

Now, playing Mafia 2. Frankly speaking.. I am greatly disappointed. I am in level 12. Mafia 1 was way better. even in terms of graphics. The characters in Mafia 2 even in cutscenes lack emotions in their faces. whether angry or happy or sad the faces look the same as if they are wearing plastic masks. That might have looked fine in 2000. but not in 2010. even Mafia 1 had good display of emotions in the cutscenes. The story is fine. but the levels dont have much to do in terms of gameplay. its just like you are just driving in between the cutscenes. I am 3 levels away from completing the game and I never felt like -- woww.. what a level.. The number of enemies to take down are too less. no enemy is tough to be a match to the title mafia. in mafia 1, the missions are good enough to be for a don. here we sell cigarettes, bury dead bodies that some one else has killed and shoot a person or two in between. the core part of every level would last for a minute or two that too it would end in a cutscene. really a disappointment. Why is every woman other than Vito's mother and sister look alike? all the other women look the same like the one Vito first saw in the bar after the first level.

Joe bothers more than the police when u are jumping a red light. WTH?? The attention to every other thing is given except for the ones to be taken care of.. the game play, the user involvement etc. Tommy looked more matured than Vito. Vito looks like he is a shy kid who collects play boy magazines when he feels shy when he sees two women in Joe's apartment.. I feel no reason in the game..

And about the play boy mags, I dont understand why Vito should collect nude pictures? It would fit if Niko in GTA4 collects them as he enjoys in the strip clubs. but Vito, doesnt even seem to like the idea of going to a strip club when the friend of Joe takes him to one (I dont remember his name). The way they are placed in the levels only tells that the developers want people desparate to find them as they are nude pictures and placing them at odd places would make the levels long. why would a magazine appear in Vito's house when he is out and it was not there in the beginning of the level?

The overall story of Mafia 2 is OK. but looks like I am watching a movie and pressing buttons just to watch it.

These are just my views. no offense meant. Other than the gameplay and the lack of emotions, the other still life is superb. the graphics regarding the bottles, trees, clothes, car handling, fire are good.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
3 hours and 59% complete ? how ?

No I have been playing it since a week but today's session lasted 3 hours :).

BTW, I made a mistake in the last post.

SPOILERS----
I thought I had reached Blackwater when those government guys in the cutscene who take away Javier say that goto Blackwater as soon as possible. I then realised I still had one more Reyes mission to do. It's called An Appointed Time. And oh my... the mission is super glitchy. Tried 2 times but just can't get past it. Marston and Reyes just freeze at the end after you kill Williamson and Allende.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
All I can say is, Ethan has my mind, know what I mean? :D

Darn! L4D2 rocks! And that thing 'bout "too much gore", I'm not feelin' it after watchin' Apocalypto. :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
All I can say is, Ethan has my mind, know what I mean? :D

Darn! L4D2 rocks! And that thing 'bout "too much gore", I'm not feelin' it after watchin' Apocalypto. :p
Feel free to use the L4D thread. BTW are you playing it with someone? Play it at night with lights off to get the best experience. Some of the levels are super scary in the night environment.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^You get no weapons just a lamp. Scary sounds in background like woman screamin', roars of mutants-like creatures. All you gotta do is escape. THAT's how scary it is.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^can u give a lil more glimpse at the game
i mean the plot,graphics,sound.....

^You get no weapons just a lamp. Scary sounds in background like woman screamin', roars of mutants-like creatures. All you gotta do is escape. THAT's how scary it is.

Here is little more :

Awake...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent, a first person survival horror. A game about immersion, discovery and living through a nightmare. An experience that will chill you to the core.

Explore...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent puts you in the shoes of Daniel as he wakes up in a desolate castle, barely remembering anything about his past. Exploring the eerie pathways, you must also take part of Daniel's troubled memories. The horror does not only come from the outside, but from the inside as well. A disturbing odyssey into the dark corners of the human mind awaits.

Experience...
By using a fully physically simulated world, cutting edge 3D graphics and a dynamic sound system, the game pulls no punches when trying to immerse you. Once the game starts, you will be in control from the beginning to the end. There are no cut-scenes or time-jumps, whatever happens will happen to you first hand.

Survive...
Amnesia: The Dark Descent throws you headfirst into a dangerous world where danger can lurk behind every corner. Your only means of defense are hiding, running or using your wits.

Just give it a try.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
So finally started playing Ninety Nine Nights III and I would like to thank Ethan first for giving me a heads up on this awesome game. Guys, don't believe whatever bullsh1t IGN or GameSpot are saying and try this game if you have a Xbox 360. This is one helluva game. It's challenging, fun and engaging. The combat is slick, stylish, fast and is the literal portrayal of the text book definition of 'blood bath'. I just cracked up when I saw that IGN gave it a 4 and gave Gaylo Reach 9.5. What a bunch of hokum! Anyways, be sure to give this amazing game a try if you have a 360!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^but isnt there any weapons available in this game?

No there is no weapon available in that game or at- least I've not found any.

It's like walking through story from a book and it's really amazing - just give it a try and you will feel it.

BTW, how is the game World in Conflict - it's a strategy game - right ?

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ninety Nine Nights III seems to be a hack and slash game, and FYI, halo is a FPS(first person shooter)...dont dont compare those two games, and writing all mindless nonsense! grow up!!!

Last edited:
please, no matter how much you hate anyone, refrain for direct slangs and scolds. I hope the mods are ok with that post for your sake.

[offtopic] guys is TE still down for you? [/offtopic]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom