Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@varun and cyborg :- Thank you for your inputs, I would surely try all the Halo games in the franchise now :). As per the MP, I don't have a XLive account so won't be able to try it :(.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I have completed all the DLCs in the first playthorugh and is at level 46, mind that I play solo only(my friend blew his 8800GT and waiting for replacement), when I played co-op last time I reached level 37 halfway through.

Ahh, crawmerax the invincible, that's an absolute monster, has more HP than the final boss(destroyer), attacks are deadly, can literally kill you in one shot, I have a quick health regen shield of 660 capacity and 186 recharge rate, crawmerax killed me in two attacks(probably because he's at level 64), yes its 3 level above your level cap.

It will also spawn 3-4 minions(craw worms) that are at level 61-62, these are not the craw worms that you faced in lost cave and trash coast, this are much deadlier and moves damn fast.

You can face him, you need:
1.Atleast level 60(better at 61)
2.Players with health regen shield and health regen class mod, also an elemental class mod that boosts shock damage is welcome as craw worms are weak to shock, roland has some similar class mod.
3.A good shield with very fast recharge rate.
4.A damn powerful shock weapon, there's one legendary sniper rifle called orion(with text "A hunter lives among the stars..."), helps a lot.
5. Shoot at the back in the blue spots, thats the weak point.

My friends at level 59 and 60 got wiped out by crawmerax in no time, so better prepare, once you get the strategy it becomes a bit easier.

PS: Crawmerax also spawns the best weapons ever, all have pearlescent rarity.
Thanks for all those tips. Will surely prove helpful. Just one quick question though, is Crawmerax at level 64 in your first play through or second? If it's first play through, then what place would be the best to level up or farm XP's?

tkin

Back to school!!
Thanks for all those tips. Will surely prove helpful. Just one quick question though, is Crawmerax at level 64 in your first play through or second? If it's first play through, then what place would be the best to level up or farm XP's?
Its at level 64 both times, and its minions are also at 61-62 both times. Although I guess it has less HP in PT1.

Best place to farm xp is to fight enemies that are close to your level, eg if you kill a bandit at level 45 and you're at 50 then you get 4 xp but if you kill it at level 45(same level) then you get 160xp or more. Missions in zombie island of dr. ned scales with the player, so its a good place to farm xp as zombies spawn at high levels there and are easy to kill and get xp, xp can also be farmed in knoxx dlc, theres one drifter name skyscraper(mini boss) that give 10000XP when killed on foot(damage it with rocket launchers, finish in foot), i killed it few times and got a lot of xp that way, also try to get the achievements that are shown in mission log, they yield a lot of xp too.

PS: Mad moxxi dlc do not yield any xp or weapon proficiency, so keep away from it, it just gives you one extra skill point after say 3-5hrs of monotonous arena fighting.

PS: You can also get cool weapons by exploiting a glitch in knoxx dlc, its repeatable and gets you access to 200 chests each time, firm it.
Here's the link: Armory Assault - Borderlands Wiki - Walkthroughs, Weapons, Classes, Character builds, Enemies, DLC and more!
(make backup of save before trying, may lock the armory up if you don't do it correctly, after killing knoxx do not enter the room with the red barriers, exploit the glitch at the entrance of the door)

Use this weapon against the crawmerax, very useful, got it after a few times exploiting the glitch.
*images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100226212657/borderlands/images/3/35/PPZ470_Liquid_Orion.png

varunb

Working in an IT company
@varun and cyborg :- Thank you for your inputs, I would surely try all the Halo games in the franchise now :). As per the MP, I don't have a XLive account so won't be able to try it :(.

Halo Combat Evolved - No LIVE. You will still need a valid CD key to play multiplayer modes online but no key needed for LAN.

Halo 2 - Has LIVE but you can skip it since there are no players who play Halo 2.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Halo Combat Evolved - No LIVE. You will still need a valid CD key to play multiplayer modes online but no key needed for LAN.

Halo 2 - Has LIVE but you can skip it since there are no players who play Halo 2.

Thanks :). Will get them asap. I still have a very big backlog of X360 games I want to play as I just got it on this Monday but will surely try this games out. Halo 2 is on PC too so I would play it on PC.

Anyways, burning Gears of War 2 :D. Also made Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions DVD. Will try both out after sometime.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Sure man. I will try to umm... get it asap but I have a list of game that will have to be 'gotten' first so it will take some time :).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
guys any suggestions for Ghost Recon?

Good sim like game. I liked it only point was that it didn't run well on my GMA X3000 and I had to abandon it.

The thing is that at some points you will be much more vulnerable considering waiting for the evac copter and incoming hordes of merc. In this game you cannot go rambo. Its like run to the next cover and order your temmates to go to the other cover and then you move on to the subsequent, repeat and kill any enemy in sight.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Use this weapon against the crawmerax, very useful, got it after a few times exploiting the glitch.
*images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100226212657/borderlands/images/3/35/PPZ470_Liquid_Orion.png
hey I just recalled that as Siren I used this weapon extensively ftw. I remember thrashing all the alien ghost warriors with one hit of it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
On the final level of Bionic Commando: Rearmed right now. I can't believe we screwed up on the final battle. The level was unbearably long and the with no checkpoint system, we were pretty much f*cked. Need to have a second go at it now. *crushes knuckles*

Also 2 more levels to go for Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Then probably would move on to Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X 2 OR Gaylo, depending on which grabs my interest first.

I suppose we need a dedicated Borderlands thread now. Tkin, would you like to do the honour of opening a new thread? Since the Claptrap DLC is just around the corner, I think we'll have more discussions in it.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Has anyone played Mafia-2....the game is good with good graphics and gameplay.....man i completed that game in 7hrs and the game stats says the game completion as 72%....wats missing...?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Has anyone played Mafia-2....the game is good with good graphics and gameplay.....man i completed that game in 7hrs and the game stats says the game completion as 72%....wats missing...?
Playboy pictures I suppose. :grin:

dinjo_jo said:
When do you start liking Gaylo ?
When did I say that? I said, I would try it, just like I have tried (as in played for a few minutes) every other Halo title.

On a side note, completed Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Suffice to say, this is the best Spiderman title till date. A boss fight in every level, what more could one ask for? :smile:

abhidev

Human Spambot
Playboy pictures I suppose. :grin:

When did I say that? I said, I would try it, just like I have tried (as in played for a few minutes) every other Halo title.

On a side note, completed Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions. Suffice to say, this is the best Spiderman title till date. A boss fight in every level, what more could one ask for? :smile:

y athat could be one reason:razz:..but still do u think coz of that it will add up another 28% of the game....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
y athat could be one reason:razz:..but still do u think coz of that it will add up another 28% of the game....
I'm pretty sure it was Playboy magazines and Wanted posters. Those were the only 2 that I could spot as a part of the collectibles section.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Borderlands [PC] :D

So finally after reading all the posts by Ethan, tarey and ichi... I fired up Borderlands again. The game's aweomse! Played for an hour and am @level 5. I am kind of good at game so always getting critical shots. Am finding the pistols very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom