Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.
hows clear sky in terms of gameplay and mojo?

anyways did u play Dante's Inferno?

yeah, i'm playing dante's inferno right now.
And CS gameplay is a little inconvenient compared to COP. But its fun anyway.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Alan Wake [X360]
Well, just finished the first episode. I must say the game looks absolutely gorgeous. The first episode was decent. It's quite engrossing and looks like fun. Will continue on at night :).

Super Street Fighter IV [X360]
Playing with my sis, dad (yes he's a gamer too!) and friends. A lot of fun if you have two people!

Mafia II [PC]
A story based game as you all know. On Chapter 11 now. Will finish soon. Has it's flaws but nevertheless, it's a great game!

StarCraft II [PC]
Nice RTS. Generally I don't dabble in this genre but this game is fun.

You got a new x360? Congo dude. Anyway please remove the dirt off your specs because this is PC forum not console. :))

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
yeah, i'm playing dante's inferno right now.
And CS gameplay is a little inconvenient compared to COP. But its fun anyway.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

You got a new x360? Congo dude. Anyway please remove the dirt off your specs because this is PC forum not console. :))

Yeah I just got it today and thanks man! BTW, this is the game currently I am addicted to thread... isn't only for PC!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ya
TMD is a really nice thing to play with

after completing this game u should try borderlands
u'll surely like this one
i can tell ya by seeing ur taste for games

Thanks for the suggestion .. I've played Border Lands once on Dec 2009 but got addicted to other games :p

Tomb Raider:Underworld....awesome graphics,gameplay......& lara

I've played Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legend before though have not finished none of them but what you have said about the underworld made me eager to try this one as well :p

D

Deleted member 26636

just bought a pair of anaglyph 3d glasses & started playing Batman Arkham Asylum again & i must say WOW....this is truly an amazing experience...the game is really well made for 3d..you can feel the depth in the environments..every little object stands out...you can see the creaks in the textures, feel the bumps & ups & downs in the floor, ground & staircases(i really can't explain the effect but its like watching avatar),each blade of grass stands out...the scarecrow level is awesome beyond explanation...when batman runs, his cape can be distintly seen to be at the back while he is running ahead.the gliding experience is the most amazing...i can go on & on praising the game's 3d experience but it does have its cons- namely physx & 3d don't work together.i had to set physx off to be able to play..its either 3d or physx...together it will result in unplayable framerates.:cry:also the colors seem a bit less but thats not a big deal & when you are enjoying the 3d effect you won't worry much about the color anyway,i also tried a few other games like modern warfare 2 but there was ghosting,thankfully that didn't happen with arkham asylum....i played it on my config in my sig using only a pair of red cyan anaglyph 3d glasses & configured a few settings in nvidia control panel & i was good to go....

for ATI, there's a 3rd party driver named iz3d that you can use..not sure how good it is though..

just try this game in 3d guys...it'll blow you away...

anyway for those who'd want to know, i bought the glasses at the address from this website- 3Dindia

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Completed Split/Second Velocity

Graphics : 8/10
Sound : 9/10 - (+1 for the soundtrack)
Concept : 8/10

Overall : 8/10

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
just bought a pair of anaglyph 3d glasses & started playing Batman Arkham Asylum again & i must say WOW....this is truly an amazing experience...the game is really well made for 3d..you can feel the depth in the environments..every little object stands out...you can see the creaks in the textures, feel the bumps & ups & downs in the floor, ground & staircases(i really can't explain the effect but its like watching avatar),each blade of grass stands out...the scarecrow level is awesome beyond explanation...when batman runs, his cape can be distintly seen to be at the back while he is running ahead.the gliding experience is the most amazing...i can go on & on praising the game's 3d experience but it does have its cons- namely physx & 3d don't work together.i had to set physx off to be able to play..its either 3d or physx...together it will result in unplayable framerates.:cry:also the colors seem a bit less but thats not a big deal & when you are enjoying the 3d effect you won't worry much about the color anyway,i also tried a few other games like modern warfare 2 but there was ghosting,thankfully that didn't happen with arkham asylum....i played it on my config in my sig using only a pair of red cyan anaglyph 3d glasses & configured a few settings in nvidia control panel & i was good to go....

for ATI, there's a 3rd party driver named iz3d that you can use..not sure how good it is though..

just try this game in 3d guys...it'll blow you away...

anyway for those who'd want to know, i bought the glasses at the address from this website- 3Dindia

I tried it as soon as I got a decent GPU. And, yes.. it was an wonderful experience. Sad... I lost my anaglyph glasses.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Folks, looks like we have a winner here. Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions is absolutely amazing. Perhaps, the best Spiderman title I have played till date. I have completed the first act and it took me around 45 minutes with collecting all the spider emblems and completing all the challenges.

The story so far, is with the intro cut-scene of Mysterio entering a museum and trying to steal the 'Tablet of Order & Chaos'. Our hero decides to make his entry, rants off a few cheesy ass line & starts swinging his web. Mysterio gets his hand on the Tablet and is about to marvel at it when Spidey tries to catapult at Mysterio to knock him out, but he accidentally hits the tablet and shatters it completely. Mysterio laughs his way out of there and our hero is left clueless of what's happening. Enter Madame Web, our psychic ally, who explains that breaking the tablet caused a rift in the dimensions of Universes (Marvel universe that is). The tablet (and now it's fragments) have a great amount of power and whoever possess it will have unimaginable powers. So it's our to duty to go through each universe, with every version of Spiderman to gather those fragments & restore balance amongst the dimensions.

The tutorial begins post that and we are presented with each versions of Spiderman; Amazing, Noir, 2099 & Ultimate Spiderman (fused with Symbiote). Each of them have their own unique attributes and their time-lines. Hence their location, too, gets a drastic change. I loved the set up for Noir and Spiderman 2099. Visuals are cell-shaded and it largely resembles that of Friend or For, albeit with a more polished look. The surroundings aren't that great, character models are good and the voice acting is awesome. Speaking of voice acting, it's a relief to hear a decent voice job being done on Spiderman from the disaster that was in Web of Shadows. His one liners feel kiddish & cheap, but still funny at times. For instance, the first act has the main boss Kraven setting us up to fight his goons and the dialogue is something like this:

*Kraven's goons assemble*
Spiderman: Oh come on Kraven, you have a boy band now?
Kraven (irritated): They are my disciples and I have trained them personally to knock you out. So do you have what it takes to face my disciples?
Spiderman: You mean your boy band, right? Sure let's see what they got. :rofl:

Some of these dialogues do crack me up momentarily. So you'll have a lot of these in the game. Anyway, the cut-scenes, for once, are done marvellously in 3D instead of rendering them from the in-game engine. So they do proper justice to the story narration.

Now coming to the main gameplay, I'd say it's a culmination of all the previous spiderman games in terms of combat. You'll have your web attacks, punches, mid-air combos and weapon/objects disabling and throwing. Traversing is extremely easy. Hold down RT and you'll perform a web swing, double tap RT and it will cling onto the closest grapple locations for quick travelling. Of course the Spider sense play a big role here too. You can activate to scan the surroundings for any enemy threats or interactive object in the environment.

The real change in the gameplay occurs when you take control of the Noir Spiderman. It's the closest you can get to the feel of Batman: AA in stealth mode. You need to trade very carefully and use the shadows for effective cover. Performing stealth kills is just one button touch away. You just need to make sure you're hidden, be close enough to the enemy and BAM! Let the web do it's job. The stealth aspect is really well integrated and the noir-ish look given to the whole environment is amazing.

Last but not the least, the upgrades. You characters gains spider essence which is similar to XP points in the other games, by collecting Spider emblems, hidden spiders, knocking out enemies and completing the challenges. In any given level, we have different set of challenges to complete, systematically allocated in what is known as the 'Web of Destiny'. The Web of Destiny is a web-like design which has challenges assigned on it for us to keep a track of in any level. Once you complete certain challenges, more keep unlocking till the whole web is complete. Completing these challenges will grant you a lot of essence for your upgrades. Now the upgrades are of 2 types; combat upgrade and character upgrade. Like the names denote, one is to enhance your fighting skills and the other is to enhance your personal traits.

These are just a few set of things which I could pick up after the first act. I think there are tons more to come. One thing if for sure, the amount of fun ahead is unimaginable. ;)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@dinjo_jo :- Yeah, that's true too. And I hate the Halo series. Dunno why. Never played a single one but seeing how they hype them and having seen a few vids, I sure do hate it.

@Ethan :- Yup, PC's the best! Can't wait till May to get a new rig! And thanks for the in-depth view of Spider Man Shattered Dimensions, I will be getting my hands on it soon!

Anyways, I completed Mafia II. The story was amazing.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
1000 bucks say that Joe will be alive in the sequel :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Halo is so childish. Halo Combat evolved was the best (except that flood library level which sucked at endless respwaning hordes).

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Addicted to leveling up in Borderlands :D,
playing online co-op with Allwyn(Ethan),Sunny and Vamsi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom