Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just got the game & played it for like half an hour. Brilliant setup. The game is a mixture of Bioshock & Condemned: Criminal Origins. The concept is well designed. The graphics are pretty good. Not something which would match Bioshock's setup but still not bad for a rather new developers. The downside is the game's optimisation. It's a resource hogger. I tried with everything on high @1280x1024 & the indoor frames are around 60 at times which drops to 17-18 when the snowy areas appear. The hud is averagely built. But the spook factor is pretty good. Some areas look really stunning.

Melee combat is the only thing I have encountered so far. It's very similar to Condemned: CO minus the kicking part. The only thing I have grabbed onto is a valve from a pipe near by. You'll be in a frozen ship, so the places where you find light source or heat will be the only place where you can revive your health. That keeps you warm at all times. You'll also encounter the bodies of certain dead people on the ship. You'll have the option to "save their souls" by apparently using a feature called "Echo sense". What this does is allow the player to actually travel back in time & gauge at the dead person's story. To save him, you'll have to perform the task provided to you. If you complete it then you save his soul & move on. If not then worry not, Try again. :)

I get the feeling it's going to be quite addictive after a while. I'm feeling like leaving POP aside & starting this game. POP seems to be getting a bit boring now.

Anyway here's a sneak peak of Cryostasis:

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28159_mktug/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-47-30-48.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28160_aci6y/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-47-38-29.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28161_zqxi6/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-49-07-21.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28162_covfw/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-49-56-70.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28163_lgaxb/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-50-57-59.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28164_jxf7s/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-51-15-42.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28165_5z9jj/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-52-01-96.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28166_ot2a8/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-59-45-17.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28167_kqp0g/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2010-59-53-26.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28168_k8wjj/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2011-01-02-59.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28169_9xmno/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2011-04-23-93.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28170_sal5h/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2011-04-54-48.jpg

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/28171_iyksx/cryostasis%202008-12-21%2011-05-20-71.jpg

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
I will be playing PoP by tomorrow.

Ordered GTA4 (I know I am late :().

Currently playing Bully and FIFA09.

Addicted to Bully and frustrated by FIFA09. They say that they made the opponent team's AI smarter.. but they are wrong. They just dumbed down the controlling player's team's AI. Your team's AI is so terrible and dull at times that its laughable.
How's Bully i wanted to buy it

D

Deleted member 26636

BULLY?????this game is just awesome..its one of the most interesting games released on the pc this year..the life of a 15 year old school going kid..it brings back memories..you can totally associate with the story.the game is highly addictive..i've completed the story missions two times already:D but still i run this game sometimes just to roam around the place..the game is a must play...the graphics are like the ps2's, hence they will be supported by just about any pc.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just got the game & played it for like half an hour. Brilliant setup. The game is a mixture of Bioshock & Condemned: Criminal Origins. The concept is well designed. The graphics are pretty good. Not something which would match Bioshock's setup but still not bad for a rather new developers. The downside is the game's optimisation. It's a resource hogger. I tried with everything on high @1280x1024 & the indoor frames are around 60 at times which drops to 17-18 when the snowy areas appear. The hud is averagely built. But the spook factor is pretty good. Some areas look really stunning.

Melee combat is the only thing I have encountered so far. It's very similar to Condemned: CO minus the kicking part. The only thing I have grabbed onto is a valve from a pipe near by. You'll be in a frozen ship, so the places where you find light source or heat will be the only place where you can revive your health. That keeps you warm at all times. You'll also encounter the bodies of certain dead people on the ship. You'll have the option to "save their souls" by apparently using a feature called "Echo sense". What this does is allow the player to actually travel back in time & gauge at the dead person's story. To save him, you'll have to perform the task provided to you. If you complete it then you save his soul & move on. If not then worry not, Try again. :)

I get the feeling it's going to be quite addictive after a while. I'm feeling like leaving POP aside & starting this game. POP seems to be getting a bit boring now.

Anyway here's a sneak peak of Cryostasis:
When it got released ? I never saw it coming soon, its TBA 2009. Is it unfinished version or final ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
When it got released ? I never saw it coming soon, its TBA 2009. Is it unfinished version or final ?
It has released in Russia. The North American release is still due for Feb 2009. It's the final release.

pc_game_lover2004 said:
It's awesome. You'll instantly fall in love with this game. It let's you revisit those high school days. The PC version is plagued with a lot of bugs & crashes. But the PS2 version is perfect. I have completed the storyline on the PS2 version. For PC, the texture & character model have more detail. The outdoor environment is a bit hazy. The sound is poor quality & the worst part of all, the frame rates is capped to 30fps, which again is not constant.

You'll love the game if it works perfectly on your rig. If not then bad luck.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
It has released in Russia. The North American release is still due for Feb 2009. It's the final release.

It's awesome. You'll instantly fall in love with this game. It let's you revisit those high school days. The PC version is plagued with a lot of bugs & crashes. But the PS2 version is perfect. I have completed the storyline on the PS2 version. For PC, the texture & character model have more detail. The outdoor environment is a bit hazy. The sound is poor quality & the worst part of all, the frame rates is capped to 30fps, which again is not constant.

ok i got vista sp1, intel e2160 1.8ghz processor, 2 gb ram, xfx 8600gt enough to run bully...and may be gta iv also or not..
btw is bully a mission game like gta:rolleyes:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yep very similar to GTA but not as much violence as GTA games have. It's a totally fun game. The configuration you have should be enough to run it but people with Vista have reported a lot of issues. So better watch out. I, personally didn't have much issues with crashing & all that stuff. The only thing bugging me were the random frame rate drops & outdoor environments (which I fixed later on though).

arijit_2404

still find time for games
Finished Fallout 3.
Its one of the best game of 2008. Latest graphics, good atmosphere, at par sound. VATS made the game easy but without VATS it's tough. Overall a must-play for action lovers as well as RPG lovers.

Now started The Witcher.

--

*miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/arijit2404.png

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
Yep very similar to GTA but not as much violence as GTA games have. It's a totally fun game. The configuration you have should be enough to run it but people with Vista have reported a lot of issues. So better watch out. I, personally didn't have much issues with crashing & all that stuff. The only thing bugging me were the random frame rate drops & outdoor environments (which I fixed later on though).

ok thanks bro and what about gta iv will it run...i was not able to understand you talking about bully or gta iv :p

ajaybc

Youngling
ok i got vista sp1, intel e2160 1.8ghz processor, 2 gb ram, xfx 8600gt enough to run bully...and may be gta iv also or not..
btw is bully a mission game like gta:rolleyes:

I think it is a high school version of GTA.
Imagine how NICO BELLIC's school life would be (If he was in US during his school life) and u will get Bully.
Missions are similar to GTA but less violent like throwing stones at football players,beat the pulp out of school bullies,put dog **** in staff room,help in teacher's love affairs,stealing panties from the girl's dorm for the Gym teacher etc.
And also u got cycle races too.
Instead of police,FIB,and SWAT in GTA u have got School prefets and local police to worry about.

pc_game_lover2004

~Beating Toughest Games~
I think it is a high school version of GTA.
Imagine how NICO BELLIC's school life would be (If he was in US during his school life) and u will get Bully.
Missions are similar to GTA but less violent like throwing stones at football players,beat the pulp out of school bullies,put dog **** in staff room,help in teacher's love affairs,stealing panties from the girl's dorm for the Gym teacher etc.
And also u got cycle races too.
Instead of police,FIB,and SWAT in GTA u have got School prefets and local police to worry about.
ok seems quite cool....surely getting my hands onto it...btw how are the graphics...can somebody post some screenines

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Damn. nowadays worldwide release is a joke. Some tastes it before and then later others. It's ridiculous.

But anyway no use in getting it now as I wont be able to play it.

Keep posting screenies, its a friggin 9 floor ship with awesome design. Must be a treat to explore that area. Enemy AI is dumb as what I heard but the chill and spook factor is good. Thant Echo thing is another kool way to change someone's life, you will come across a buffalo too (lets see if it can be saved or slaughtered ) .

D

Deleted member 26636

Hey ethan, i played bully on my pc twice(yes i've completed this game twice, its that interesting), i never had any audio/video issues..the game ran quite smoothly, the graphics are like the PS2's, just a tad better & i never checked my fps as i could play the game quite comfortably....if i had to choose between the most interesting games this year i would definitely choose bully & gta iv.

BTW, my pc--quad core q9300(2.5ghz), 1x2gb & 1x1gb 800mhz ddr2 ram, palit hd4850(standard non oc'ed). my friend with a 7600gt, a core2duo 1.8ghz & 1gb ram played this game & completed it without any issues...so i think the game will run well on most pc's.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ok seems quite cool....surely getting my hands onto it...btw how are the graphics...can somebody post some screenines
The graphics for the PC version is miles better than the PS2 counterpart. You have to tweak the brightness settings a bit to get the outdoor to look a bit acceptable else it looks very dull compared to indoors.

Here's a link: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100241&highlight=Bully

You can the discussion going on in there.

T159 said:
Damn. nowadays worldwide release is a joke. Some tastes it before and then later others. It's ridiculous.

But anyway no use in getting it now as I wont be able to play it.

Keep posting screenies, its a friggin 9 floor ship with awesome design. Must be a treat to explore that area. Enemy AI is dumb as what I heard but the chill and spook factor is good. Thant Echo thing is another kool way to change someone's life, you will come across a buffalo too (lets see if it can be saved or slaughtered ) .
Yeah well we are supposed to take the biggest hit. Majority of the titles don't hit out here on time. But since this game has a been developed by a Ukrainian game company they preferred to release it first in Russia.

As for the game, don't bother getting it unless you don't have an high end configuration. It will gobble your configuration & won't even bother spitting it out. It seems to be poorly optimised & hence doesn't really give a consistent performance. :(

I'll be starting off with this game as soon as I'm done with POP (which is almost complete). I hate running FRAPS but heck I'll grab as many screenies as possible along the way. The ship is very spooky. Especially the boat screen that I posted on top did not have any lights around it whatsoever. All I had was the light from the boat & that too in a limited direction. The sound will just blow your pants off. It's very scary once if you have it setup on a very loud volume. Again this is a game to be played only at night.

767hsm.221bx said:
Hey ethan, i played bully on my pc twice(yes i've completed this game twice, its that interesting), i never had any audio/video issues..the game ran quite smoothly, the graphics are like the PS2's, just a tad better & i never checked my fps as i could play the game quite comfortably....if i had to choose between the most interesting games this year i would definitely choose bully & gta iv.

BTW, my pc--quad core q9300(2.5ghz), 1x2gb & 1x1gb 800mhz ddr2 ram, palit hd4850(standard non oc'ed). my friend with a 7600gt, a core2duo 1.8ghz & 1gb ram played this game & completed it without any issues...so i think the game will run well on most pc's.
Like I said, if it runs fine then well & good. I had one of my friend complaining that he constantly had crashes every now & then. His configuration too met the minimum requirements but alas no luck. Head over to steam forums & you'll have endless topics of the bugs people have encountered for this lousy port.

I had completed Bully long back on the PS2. I was hoping they would bring it to life properly on the PC but SIGH Cockstar again messed up a good game. I fortunately didn't have many issues. The sound part was not very clear. If you set the sound to stereo mode the volume & character conversations would be very low. If you set it to surround mode then we get all the sounds properly but it sounds very sharp.

I played it for sometime on the PC then uninstalled it. Had enjoyed it more on the PS2. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom