Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

official

In the zone
if EA also starts moving towards online DRM i think indian gamers will be mostly affected...coz we do hav very poor internet conc. More over they'll loose many buyers like Ubi worldwide

Krow

Crowman
Played Assassin's Creed. The game was okay at best. Got repetitive and irritating a lot of times. Those loonies in cities are the worst irritant in the game. After about 5 assassinations, there are no innovations in the gameplay. The story is good, but felt hanging in the air at the end. Great way to make people play ACII. :x

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
God of "f*ckin" War III is in my hands now. Now Kratos will unleash hell. I have a leave tomorrow, so whole day would be dedicated to it. :)

Also a big thanks to Dinesh for passing on Metal Gear Solid 4. I'll get to that once I complete the rest of the titles.

Tried out L4D2 Multiplayer Modes. I totally like it.
Some screenies:-

*screenshot.xfire.com/s/94207306-3.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/s/94207383-3.jpg

*screenshot.xfire.com/s/94207210-3.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
OMG! My jaw has dropped to the floor and it has shattered. People who think the best looking game is Uncharted 2, need to play God of War III. This game is insane. Not only has it single handedly got the best intro sequence EVER, but it also manages to stretch that fight for a good 45 minutes.

Folks if you ever needed a reason to buy the PS3, this would be it. This makes all the other titles on PS3 looks like mere peasants. For people who have played and marvelled at the E3 demo, the full version has enhanced it 10 folds. The AA level has been polished, frame rates are much smoother, motion blur is added, dynamic lighting effect is introduced and even the depth of field had been bumped up. Kratos feels extremely life like and you can't help but notice the seamless shift from cut-scene to in-game for the gameplay. For once, I had just left the controller feeling it was a cut-scene, but it was all in real time. WTF?

The level of gore and chaos created by Kratos this time round makes Ryu Hayabusa look like a pussy. I'm currently playing on the God difficulty and it's pretty challenging. Almost all of the previous upgrades patterns have been retained. You can even keep collecting for Gorgon's Eye for health increase, Phoenix's feather for magic increase and Minotaur Horn for special attack damage boost.

I'm currently in Chapter 2: The Forge. I have 2 weapons; The Blades of Exile and Bow of Apollo. I also have a new power called "Army of Sparta". This is quite a unique power as it sends down a pair of shields (that surround Kratos) and invoke the spears of of it. I found this pretty useful against Minotaur, when they come in groups.

The sheer scale on which this game is rendered is mind boggling. You can literally see the draw distance screaming for your attention. The camera work is again a work of brilliance, although free movement of camera would have been appreciated. The amount of work that Santa Monica studios have put for this game really deserves them a medal. They really know how to end the series in style, and I'm not even 1/4 of the way through it.

Believe me, gaming would never be the same after you play this title. The word "EPIC" would feel small in front of it. My recommendation is to just drop everything and get this game ASAP for the PS3. I'm off to sleep right now, but more chaos would reign tomorrow.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ 'at the end there will be only chaos'. I think the statement is true after reading your first impression.

just for info sake....does that mean that GoW3 does with 50% of ps3's power what U2 haven't with 90% of power?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
just for info sake....does that mean that GoW3 does with 50% of ps3's power what U2 haven't with 90% of power?
I'm not sure about those numerical representations, but it has got an enormous depth in terms of detail to the environment. All the images seem razor sharp. Kratos has been modelled so realistically that even Drake would fail in comparison.

UC2 has an advantage of using varied locations and hence showcasing it's amazing graphics. God of War III focusses more on character detail and the locations are mainly very dark. This is where the games lighting effects play a huge role. It just brings out a great deal of realism in the game. The water in this game is unlike anything I have seen before, case in point, The river of Styx. Tile reflection again is vastly detailed. You can even notice the particles of dust accurately as the wind blows over a certain area. Fire from your blades too is very realistic. Blood flows oozes out when you kill enemies and would cover your body. Cloth physics are again notable, but environment destruction isn't anywhere near UC2.

There are a lot of other thing which this game has really accomplished technically. It makes crosses leaps and bounds to make us wonder what the PS3 is capable of pulling off. I'm disappointed that only Sony's first party developers are doing this and not the other developers. They could really take a cue from Sony.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I think those Vistas in Sony's First party games comes at a cost of talented Coders and time. Many Developers like Valve Abandoned the PS3 for same reason.
But quantic dreams took the time and developed a great game even though they are not inside Sony.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@vamsi: That was too much, wasn't that? Sorry.

haha... dude. You sound funny some time and when you say sorry for that.. you will sound more funny. Don't apologize to me.. I'm neither Sony nor a proud PS3 owner. Say sorry to Sony and PS3 owners in the forum whom you called 'people with lotta ego'

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Installing AC II PC got it for 900/- from Alfa market

mind sharing the key? ;-)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ is the game that awesome?

I'm now stuck with Stranglehold. Meh... the gameplay is repetitive.But shoving bullets in bad dudes ass in john woo style will never get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom