Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So it is not Chaos theory.In Chaos Theory you can complete the whole mission without killing anybody(ofcourse it was difficult).My download is almost complete so will try to complete it without killing anybody.
Believe me, I think you know this game better than I do. So you might figure out a way to do it. But it seems quite difficult as the initial part demands to get a kill. The whole demo is barely for 10 minutes, even less if you know the game properly.

@prat I've played all 4 Splinter Cell games and believe me it sucks to not be able to go in all guns blazing. Sneaking around sucks.

@Ethan Sorry buddy, I had been away and returned day before and got busy with God of War. That's why I couldn't ship the games.

Anyways, I was reading Steve Caterson's interview where he told that even though the God of War trilogy concludes the story, they aren't killing off the franchise. We might very well see another God of War game.

Currently addicted to:
God of War 2 [PS3]
Heavy Rain [PS3]
Just Cause 2 Demo [PS3] This shite is awesome!

prat

Broken In
****ing hell that was very short demo.

Here is the review(not mine as i was too tired to write one so got this from Ubisoft forum.)

Lead Up
I'll admit that in the beginning, when the whole story about a reworking of the Splinter Cell franchise was released I was a little excited. Especially after seeing the 2007 ubidays videos and the others shortly released. I'll admit the new ragged homeless fisher was a bit off, but from the gameplay it appeared that Splinter Cell was going to be more sandbox stealth than ever.

And then everything went dark, for a long time we just sat their waiting for more info. As I am sure most of you know during that time a certain game in the Metal Gear Franchise was released, being called one of the greatest stealth actions games ever. We got word through the grape vine that everything was being changed again for Sam Fisher and his crew and compatriots.

So at this point I was really worried, had Sam Fisher and his blend of stealth action been erased from gaming history. Were we relegated to just be happy with the awesome experience that was Chaos Theory. And to a lesser extent, the PS2 and Original Xbox Double Agent.

Well along came the stunning E3 2009 video... I was shocked, it almost appeared that the game literally played itself. Mark and Execute, albeit similar to adrenaline fueled reflexes and years of combat training all rolled into one button press. Was disappointing, though it looked a lot more hectic and the gun play didn't look bad, they never showed a lot of it. As if it was hiding, or pretty non existent. Then the announcement that you could no longer hide bodies came, that was hard to comprehend. So yeah Sam Fisher has gone 'rogue', but all conventional wisdom would suggest that something from the beginning of the franchise would not just be casually thrown out as it had seemed to be... Aside from the fact that bad guys usually tend to notice when their fellow bad guys disappear.

And then more waiting, waiting to play the demo that the PRESS always seem to be able to touch. I was getting worried that once again another company would forget about their true target audience and make us wait for the actual game. Which nowadays with pre-order exclusive DLC is a catch 22. Do you pre-order and buy for some DLC and risk a bad game, or do you wait and risk never getting the bonus items...

Analysis and Afterthoughts
Well now after playing the game, I'm relegated to the fact that I will be picking it up Day One. However that is not without some pro's and con's.

Mark and Execute is not as plentiful as I originally feared. I was worried that throughout the whole the game I would be CQC'ing my way to pretty yes, though challenging not fallout 3 V.A.T.S ripoffs. Albeit though the option is their for the skilled player.

Gunplay is still good. In my opinion no splinter cell title can stand alone unless you can fight your way through it. Now yes Rookie and Normal are a cake walk, but Realistic is a great start for Sam Fisher veterans the world over. The one negative though is that their seems to be no way to adjust the sensitivity of the aiming controls. Please Ubisoft rectify this issue, not all of us want to M&E our way through this game.

Stealth though it has been relegated to the Jason Bourne or James Bond variety, which is somewhat of a let down. It is still very much a stealth game. Again for veterans of the series Realistic is the only difficulty you should be interested in.

The Gadgets aren't too bad, I am in a love hate relationship with the Sticky Camera. I mean ya it can explode but what happened to the sleeping gas? The Portable EMP, I was worried. But I am happy to see a restriction on it. And the frag, and EMP grenade are useful tools.

In conclusion I have to say that its a fun game, it may not be Chaos Theory which inevitably will **** of many. But its a good start to breathing new life into the franchise. I would love to see more of the levels, and if its possible to ghost the entire the game. Now I just have to wait and try to decide which DLC I choose to pursue.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
****ing hell that was very short demo.

Here is the review(not mine as i was too tired to write one so got this from Ubisoft forum.)
For a second there, I thought your typing speed had gone on steroids. ;-)

Anyway how did you approach those 3 guys in the tunnel?

prat

Broken In
@prat I've played all 4 Splinter Cell games and believe me it sucks to not be able to go in all guns blazing. Sneaking around sucks.

Not for me i am afraid.I loved Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and completed the whole game without killing anybody.Agents aren't supposed to go in all guns blazing.

Sunny you might like the new one.Try the demo.

Piyush

Lanaya
Tried Metro 2033 and it's exactly like I thought it would be, system raping. On very high settings with DX10 and 4X AAA, it just drop the frames to 17fps. I'm currently playing on Normal with DX9 and no AA. There is serious tearing issues, but the game looks really good. If only these European developers would learn to optimise their games, it would have been so much better.

For people who are familiar with S.T.A.L.K.E.R gameplay, this is very close to it but I haven't seen an RPG element till now. The game is extremely atmospheric and I just reached chapter 2. Each chapter seems to be very short in length.
can u post some of the metro's best screenshots
plzzzzzzzz
anyways i'm a die hard fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R series
esp. shadows of chernobyl:p

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ damn patch is not out yet.. still waiting for it. :(

---------- Post added at 07:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 AM ----------

Ok.. just got the copy of Stranglehold. The game is very brilliant. Especially the destructible environments. Now I am in second mission in some water district.

*lh6.ggpht.com/_5ov5jXEH0sA/S6QlSxaWiwI/AAAAAAAAAFY/DBaU2lo9MmA/s640/Retail-Stranglehold%202010-03-20%2006-58-43-72.jpg

*lh4.ggpht.com/_5ov5jXEH0sA/S6QlcQhusLI/AAAAAAAAAFc/5DUjdxwbfnE/s640/Retail-Stranglehold%202010-03-20%2006-58-55-67.jpg

*lh3.ggpht.com/_5ov5jXEH0sA/S6QlhLfuJ3I/AAAAAAAAAFg/3lG6JmX3kMg/s640/Retail-Stranglehold%202010-03-20%2006-58-56-91.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Watch this video.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXRqdQQjfk
OMG! That was fantastic. This guy must be an ace Splinter Cell fan. I couldn't have thought about those innovative ways to approach the demo. I think I'll skip this title, won't be able to spend so much time with it. ;-)

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I heard that game developers saying.. 'you can play the way you want'. I thought that the game would be playable with Offensive mechanics too. Is the game unplayable with
run and gun strategy?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^ I heard that game developers saying.. 'you can play the way you want'. I thought that the game would be playable with Offensive mechanics too. Is the game unplayable with
run and gun strategy?
You can go in offensive mode as well, but chances are, you would trigger an alarm and all your stealth movement would go down the drain. The video that Prat posted above was how the game is supposed to be played, like a true stealth agent. I have played Chaos Theory, but it didn't provide so much liberty of outright shooting, like this game does. What I mean to say is, in Chaos Theory, if I'd trigger an alarm during a failed hacking attempt, I was sure that I would get screwed. In the demo, I could take cover behind the crates and gun down 4 people while my health regenerated slowly. So it grants a sufficient leeway for escaping even when your cover is busted.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Fine Enough. I am not concerned about the gameplay type. I played and loved all of the splinter cell games(except Chaos Theory :( ) Having different Gameplay Mechanics in the bag will greatly increase the replay value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom