Game You are Currently Addicted to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Shame if you haven't played Gears of Wars 2 even after having 360 its the MGS4 of XBOX 360
MGS4? Really?

The problem is that I pushed it back for quite some time now, but not any more. I'll be done with Ninja Blade by tomorrow. So will install Gears 2 and keep it ready. :-D

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
@cyborg: I'll sure do. That game's awesome! It has superb community support & F3-like number of mods. And, vamsi, the graphics are great for a 2004 game and it sometimes looks better than GRID and DiRT 2, really. With ENBSeries it rocks! But nothin' beats SHIFT!! Please give me some list o' games to get in Feb. & March. Please. I've become like I was before 2009. :D

Sh*t! ME2's yuck! I'll never get it.

@quan: Is it repetitive like Bionic Commando?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Travel directly North of the Mine Field, or southwest from Vault 92. You'll pick up a radio signal "Recon Craft Theta Becon". Due to some bug you may not pick up the signal. Keep traveling until you see high radiation warnings. You'll come across a alien ship. Look around for a dead alien. You'll find the Alien Blaster alien with some alien power cells.
These are the second last supply of alien power cells. The last supply is on the Mothership Zeta DLC.

Thanks for info and location :p

BTW, currently on the Enclave Air Ship, flanking the whole ship and collecting valuable items. Got a tesla Canon from brotherhood and got a precision gatling laser with a tesla power armor by neutralizing a guy in the ship dormitory :p

Thanks for info and location

BTW, currently on the Enclave Air Ship, flanking the whole ship and collecting valuable items. Got a tesla Canon from brotherhood and got a precision gatling laser with a tesla power armor by neutralizing a guy in the ship dormitory
Thats the last Main quest of Brotherhood of steel DLC. Then travel to museum of History to get a side quest from a ghoul advertising Aqua Cura.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

Actually the game su*ks big time and i dont understand why people like this mediocre game.
Frankly i haven't come across a post of yours mentioning a game that you like.
Or Maybe i was too lazy to notice or forgot.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Kane and Lynch
Since, I don't see anyone raving about the game, allow me to explain why I loved it so much.

To begin with, even I went the Gayspot way and assumed it to be one of those sub-par non-AAA title from IO Interactive. If I would have gone by their 6 rating to this game, I would have missed out on a gem.

If you play this game and concentrate only on the shooting aspect, then it would mean nothing. If you listen to the characters conversations, pay attention to the story's details, then you would realise how deep it goes. I have seen people b*tching endlessly about graphics of the game. I confess, I'm a graphic whore as well, although I know when to draw the line when it comes to enjoying storyline over graphics.

This game dared to provide a movie like experience and with no restrictions on it's strong language content. You'll often hear Lynch going ballistic with his MPD rage and Kane mouthing off on him. The game starts off with Lynch being appointed as his watch over and later shows how he decides to help Kane to eliminate The7's remaining members.

Notice how Kane starts hearing his daughter Jenny's voices when he is shot and is left to be revived by other members. It shows how he is haunted by his past actions as a mercenary over his family.

Remember the scene where Kane's wife is killed by Mute as he keeps pleading that he needs to talk to them? Ring any bell? Of course it won't. You didn't bother about the cut-scene. Anyway here's the link: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=es9kRRd2z_I

This is an epic scene in the game. The most intense one, might I dare say. Kane shoves Mute to death as he keep yelling "You should have let me talk to them". Everyone out here would agree with me that it was very brutal and well acted. This is something which we experience in movies.

Despite the fact that it got a "mediocre" rating, I tried it and loved it. It gave me a different perspective of looking at video games which breed a class storyline and voice acting, as opposed to graphics only. So this was one of my most memorable games of '07. Highly under-rated, but highly recommended as well. It's sometimes very important to understand storylines, without which the purpose of the game gets defeated. I suppose that's one of the reason why Dinjo, I suppose you failed to enjoy BioShock.

You see, it's not really a matter of what people like unanimously. It's your opinion which matters the most. If people have loved BioShock, then there's a reason for it. If you didn't like it, then that's your choice and opinion. But at least care to share it with the rest of us as to why you didn't like it. Writing just one statement about it and Kane & Lynch, claiming the latter sucks, doesn't really pose a good discussion.

Anyway, I posted my opinion about the game. Perhaps, the next time you might want to open up and speak up about it.

PS: I'm not pickin' on you, in particular, but just want to know what is it that you exactly want from a game?

@Ethan:- A very good explanation why I liked the game and so did you. Many people just keep pressing ESC and get rid of any cut-scenes they come across when they play games. If some doesn't like the game please point it out why. I forgot most of the story so i was not able to comment much but you completely made my memory come back. Thanks dude.

dinjo_jo

Padawan
I'm not really a story sucker, but just the story can't take the game move along the gameplay elements have to be strong.Bio-Shock though i didn't liked much but its much much better game it draws you in the game with its atmosphere and shooting mechanism.I also understand that game without any story also do very well ex.Modern Warfare 2 this game has no plot just some(why some because of length of game) awesome action.I have played the game Kane And Lynch but none of the game sequence connects you to the game.

My point is game is a mediocre especially when you have not played all AA Titles on PS3.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

As jojo says he has forgotten the story do you know why ? because the story is not as strong as others.Can you forget MGS4 sequence of MotorCycle Chase or End Sequence when Snake tries to kill himself or UC2 Chopper Fight ?

dinjo_jo

Padawan
As jojo says he has forgotten the story do you know why ? because the story is not as strong as others.Can you forget MGS4 sequence of MotorCycle Chase or End Sequence when Snake tries to kill himself or UC2 Chopper Fight ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm not really a story sucker, but just the story can't take the game move along the gameplay elements have to be strong.Bio-Shock though i didn't liked much but its much much better game it draws you in the game with its atmosphere and shooting mechanism.I also understand that game without any story also do very well ex.Modern Warfare 2 this game has no plot just some(why some because of length of game) awesome action.I have played the game Kane And Lynch but none of the game sequence connects you to the game.
So if I'm able to understand you correctly, you say that a game's storyline isn't very essential as the gameplay mechanism? FYI, both Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 had a good story to boot. If you didn't pay attention, doesn't mean it's non-existent. It's the same reason why people remember Captain Price from the first game when he is found in the prison in the second title.

If you have played Devil May Cry 3 and Devil May Cry 4, you'll clearly know how much importance a good story (coupled with voice acting) is essential for accomplishing a great game. DMC3 had a proper connection to it's character's, portrayed emotions, revived a good franchise after a lousy DMC2 fiasco and stood worthy as a true prequel. DMC4, on the other hand, had brought in excellent graphics and improved gameplay elements. What it lacked was a good story content. Ask any DMC fan and they can vouch for the fact that that is the biggest drawback of this game.

My point is game is a mediocre especially when you have not played all AA Titles on PS3.
Name me one AAA title in your PS3 which has re-defined gameplay mechanics? Also your comparison of this title to any and every title on PS3 is way off. Just to let you know I have played (mind you only played) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Uncharted: Among Thieves, Killzone 2 and InFamous. Do you know what I loved about Uncharted, apart from the graphics, it's the voice acting. The gameplay elements have all been established before. It's nothing new. So even thought I don't own a PS3, name me a game, which you think will make me go "WOW!" in terms of gameplay.

I never spoke on his behalf. I made my point purely on my understanding of the story. If you like and enjoy a game completely, then you'll probably remember almost every aspect of it. If I ask Tkin anything about Fallout 3, he'll answer it without a second thought. Be it story, it's characters, it's choices, weapons; anything.

My point being, to complete a game experience, a storyline is really essential. What makes Mass Effect so popular? It would be just another shooter with RPG elements in it, had it not been the story which made you pick the proper choices in the game.

I would agree with you that it's not just the story which makes the game move. For example, I completed Ninja Blade today (finally!) and it had a boring storyline, but I enjoyed it as a hack-en-slash game. I usually am a sucker for this genre. But if you have played God of War franchise on the PS2/PS3, then you'll know how the game's experience is enhanced with a proper storyline. Would you ever forget the battle with Ares, Kratos fighting his own clones to protect his family? Tell me why is story even necessary in a hack-en-slash genre? I mean it's just "beat everyone to pulp" kind of genre right? Let me know after you have completed God of War and compare it to other hack-en-slash genre games. Let me know what you felt made this game different to the other titles out for this genre.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Started playing Gears of war co-op with my friend, the game has zero replay value (I played single player campaign before). Even if co-op is fun with friends the game is lame on its part. Don't know why even bother about the second installment :| . The enemies are slow, game feels same from the first level to the last level. After playing MW2 spec ops (which was freakin awesome) with my friend, this game sucks.

Rating : meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom