From the Editor's Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

In the zone
Why doesn't anyone from the mag come to this forum to reply as to when the bumper draw is to be held???

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

i sent a mail to

agent001@thinkdigit.com

in the 1st week of june for a buying advice but i was not replied for a long period then again i sent the same mail(forwarded) again but still i have not got any reply accept that automated reply.......

it's really making the image of DIGIT bad....
:x:x:x:x:x

if agent 001 does not responds to the subscribers then what is it there for <<<

Not surprised I too had asked him some questions & got no reply and now with the steep hike in subscriptions I am wondering whether to continue my subscription !!! :(

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
End of July, and the winners will be announced in the September issue, and online in August. Will tell you the exact date it will be announced a little later...

socrates

In the zone
End of July, and the winners will be announced in the September issue, and online in August. Will tell you the exact date it will be announced a little later...

Thanks for replying. I had got this email & was really confused
'Dear Reader,

Thank you for your support in making the Digit Anniversary Issue a super-success. We sincerely hope you've had an enriching experience reading the Anniversary Issue.

Although we are happy to report that most of the Rs.4 crore in free gifts we promised have been claimed, we'd be happier still if all of you responded and claimed everything we are offering.

Also, we received numerous requests from our readers to extend the deadline for participation in Anniversary Bumper Draw. Its our pleasure to let you know that we have extended the deadline to enter the Bumper Draw to 10th July 2010. So those of you who did not look at the back page of Fast Track to DIY last month, please do so immediately.

Happy Participating,
Team Digit'

as the original date was 10th July anyway :D

socrates

In the zone

O really take a look at Thinkdigit.com India > Technology Guide News and Reviews | Technology News, Information and Updates on Gadgets Online. & all can see that the winners for this draw are already announced. :x Its a pity NOBODY from the mag comes here to inform us. Looks like a waste of time coming to this forum. I was getting put off my the way the staff behave with the subscribers, looks like I will have to opt out after my current 3 yr subscription gets over. :muttering::mad::x:-x

CA50

Cyborg Agent
hi guys, i registered in the contest by i didn`t get the assured prize, what to do. I registered through sms, and got a message saying that the details of the assured will be sent to me through sms. but till now no reply from digit, what to do???

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Digit Anniversary Bumper Draw Result is out !

Check this out

if anyone of you is a lucky winner then congrats and don't forget to let us know so we could also join into the party :p

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Is it only me or something else? when I go to a thread by clicking thread in index(which will be the most recent one in that sub-forum)... I will be taken page 1 instead of most recent post. Any help?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@TDF Admin/Staff
THE SITE IS DANM SLOW & BUGGY! DO SOMETHING!!!
:x:x:x:x:x

also check this out: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/discussions/130551-offtopic-forum-problem-everyone-please-join-2.html

Hope this catches there attention! :|

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Forum | Computer Hardware |Mobile Phones | Digital Camera Discussion Forums of India

- a huge huge name.

Please revert back to Digit Technology Discussion Forum

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Digit Technology Discussion Forum - Tech Forum | Computer Hardware |Mobile Phones | Digital Camera Discussion Forums of India

- a huge huge name.

Please revert back to Digit Technology Discussion Forum
Its because Forum is using default settings.
The title can be changed from header file of the theme.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I hate the database errors and sometimes inability to post using quick reply.:mad: Raaabo DO SOMETHING:!:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ mavihs & Cybertonic - I can understand you guys frustration about the the problems but plz stop shouting - it looks so bad - use bold fonts instead as ico has did.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Hi Raaabo, can we have a mod/plugin in place which could lock threads which are more than say 1 year old? This will check the unnecessary bumping of old threads by spammers/bots.

Secondly, if these are spambots only (i.e. software programs) then might I suggest putting human verification methods (e.g. captcha) in place for those who have <10 posts

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Hi Raaabo, can we have a mod/plugin in place which could lock threads which are more than say 1 year old? This will check the unnecessary bumping of old threads by spammers/bots.

Secondly, if these are spambots only (i.e. software programs) then might I suggest putting human verification methods (e.g. captcha) in place for those who have <10 posts
yes, there are few similar vBulletin plugin:
Like:
Automatically Close Old Threads After X Days - vBulletin.org Forum
Prevent bumping old Threads - vBulletin.org Forum

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys

I'm evaluating VB4, will let you know soon when we will shift to it. Also, I've found the site loading to be a lot faster, and I experience very few bugs, but I'll look at logs to see what the problem could be. Thanks for the heads up, I'll spend my Saturdays looking into this.

Any volunteers to help me fix it all on Saturdays? I could really use help bug testing and problem solving... we could connect on IRC while I test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom