Forum Updated 5/2/2014

Signatures: choose any 2

• Just once a page is enough

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I want my signature to display EVERY post I make

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Signatures without images, make the pages lighter to load

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Signatures with images, who cares about low bandwidth users anyway?

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkin

Back to school!!
Ok trying something new. From now on, a signature will show only once a page. Thus my signature will show on the first post that shows on this page, but not the ones after that :)

If imgg was for quick reply, then let's leave it I suppose... Let me see if I can find a better way to do in quick reply for now.[/QUOTE]

Very very bad idea, sometimes when asking for a solution we tell people to look at our config in signature, your solution will severely affect this, signatures are quick reference to our hardware config, this is not a good idea, never seen this in any forum.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
External
*i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/415/209/3b4.png

Internal no path
cam.png

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/misc/cam.png

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
You guys love your signatures too much. Why should a signature show more than once on a page with just 30 posts? At best you will reply twice or thrice in that page, and if not, in cases where its a fight between two people, why see the same stupid signatures again and again?

Piyush

Lanaya
Ok trying something new. From now on, a signature will show only once a page. Thus my signature will show on the first post that shows on this page, but not the ones after that :)

If imgg was for quick reply, then let's leave it I suppose... Let me see if I can find a better way to do in quick reply for now.[/QUOTE]

I think its actually a good idea . This way we can also enable images too :D
But seriously, its a good move to save people suffering with from low bandwidths/ bad FUP plans.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yep.. I love my siggy. Too much.

Disable image and vid in siggy. But let the siggy appear with every reply.

tkin

Back to school!!
You guys love your signatures too much. Why should a signature show more than once on a page with just 30 posts? At best you will reply twice or thrice in that page, and if not, in cases where its a fight between two people, why see the same stupid signatures again and again?

That's why other forums keep the signatures short, I have no issues with signature limits atm, and if someone hates signatures he can turn then off completely, we can quickly refer the signature for hardware config etc....

tkin

Back to school!!
I think its actually a good idea . This way we can also enable images too :D
But seriously, its a good move to save people suffering with from low bandwidths/ bad FUP plans.

You do know that if the signature contains images they will be loaded only once per page, even in next page the browser will most probably load then from the cache, that's how browsers work with static resources, it won't save any bandwidth..

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Oh yes, it's not about bandwidth saving, just about easier on the eyes.

Vote on the poll. Whatever is majority we'll do.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Reverted until poll is finished. Signatures back to normal. No BB code allowed again, and showing on every post.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
voted!! :)

- - - Updated - - -

is anyone working on the Siggy again?? coz the BB codes are disabled.. :\

tkin

Back to school!!
Reverted until poll is finished. Signatures back to normal. No BB code allowed again, and showing on every post.
Both BB Code as well as images distract, so the old way of sigs was perfect, a little BB might be allowed, but images distract way to much. Learned that the hard way in another Indian tech forum :rolleyes:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I agree for "Signatures without images, make the pages lighter to load". But not because I want to make page light, but because I want them to be subtle.
Also can we have this option too? Size of "all" signatures to be reduced to one point less the regular font size. It would make siggys stand out from the normal post. And will look good aesthetically too.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
suddenly i'm getting tons of annoying ads all over the forum page, there is this buy iphone on left, some browser game ad on the right, make your PC faster down below. what went wrong, i dont have such extensions and it barely happened in this forum...this..so many ads!! :( help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom