FIT-JEE, Narayana, blah blah!!! WHICH ONE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Man there are soooo many IIT-JEE Coaching centres. But which one would be the best option.

I'm a 10th student, just (almost) finished with boards at the time of posting.

mrintech

Technomancer
* *www.bansaliitjee.com/ - Bansal Classes, Kota
* *www.brilliant-tutorials.com/Contactus.html - Brilliant Tutorials Classroom, Delhi
* *www.resonance.ac.in/ - Resonance, Kota

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
If in Delhi,
Narayana = Brilliant = FIITJEE. Their centers are one after each other in Kalu Sarai (near IIT-D).

Best is VMC if you get into it. I guess the main office is in Punjabi Bagh.

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
pick anyone from kalu sarai all have good faculty members. getting into VMC is tough. but after you get into it life will be tough and really hectic so consider getting into any other coaching centre.

gigyaster

Journeyman
^^
Very true, I took special coaching for about 2 weeks in aakash insti but realised that for me type of average student experience is required before you can go smoothly with all those coaching classes so it really depends on how you study.

From personal experience, let me tell you that going to coaching alone will hardly help. I got pwned for 2 years and my academic performance actually came down before I started recovering again a few months back just in time for my board exams.

Most of these guys will teach you starting from a level higher than school level, so you need to be comfortable with school portions already before starting coaching, otherwise you run serious risks of being pwned. Also be prepared to ditch gaming and digit forum. Without lots and lots of effort, IIT would probably be only visited by you for your master's degree.

Are you sure you can put in 2 years of genuine effort, with genuine interest ?

If yes, join any center and you should do fine. If no, forget IIT and concentrate on AIEEE.

expertno.1

Technomancer
I SERIOUSLY tell you , if you are a sensitive type and get caught in the things easily/moderately . dont go for any institiution .
study in school , get private teacher/local best coaching and get some instituitions materials (they are available like rs 1000 for full bansal ones) , prepare them and sure if you cover them all you get 100% selection .

Dont go outer city like kota , etc to study .
you know , most of their students do not study and just do time pass with nuissance . their you have to be mentally toooo much prepared . if you are average i seriously advice dont go . because most average/good students get caught in the wrong path their . LACK of parents , they normally swift in the direction of not studying .

and when you say that there is 4000 selections from kota then think about the total 2 lakh students studying there !!!!! AND ALSO THE TOP BRAINS OF INDIA THERE ......................

IF u r brilliant (i mean trully brilliant ) and can understand materials in very short time , you can go . otherwise everything is negative there .
first few months are ok and then afterwards the result is :-
1. 24hrs cyber cafe (the biggest problem there !) even if you dont have money the cafe walas will lend you for months and when your parents visit , you know what :grin:
2. movies , lots of local playstation , gives you movies like rs.2-3 per head .
you will surely caught by it.
3. bad fooding makes you sick too .
4. mental torture and heat.
5. almost 99% to get bad company.

INSPITE of all being this if u dare to withstand all these , go SURELY TO BANSAL CLASSES .

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

If in Delhi,
Narayana = Brilliant = FIITJEE. Their centers are one after each other in Kalu Sarai (near IIT-D).
Yep in Delhi.

Kalu Sarai very near my house.

Thread open for discussion on the Original TOPIC nywayz

it depends upon you..
about Narayan i really have bad experience with it..their study system sucks..they make you read and read ..i really hate how they differentiate kids on %'s of exam..

Private College's like Narayan = They need $$ ..their study system is purely designed to attract more students and make money..
if u r one who think Knowledge gaining important better join from private tutor and go through BASICS...it will get nice ranks..

this is my opinion it is based on HYD centre where i read....the teaching and treatments to students may vary depending on centre..

Last edited:
OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Yeah, cud I get an insight on "fees" too and if there's any scholarship on the basis of marks obtained in boards. Some courses start in June rite.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
Its around 80k for 2 year course(XI students) and some 55k - 60k for 1 year course(XII appearing / passed).I am talkin of Resonance.
Nearly same fees structure for FIITJEE.
These big institutes dont bother about your percentage.It all depends on how you perform in "their" tests.These tests will be quite tough for you as you havent been exposed to tougher problems yet.
If although you have participated and performed well in NTSE ... U will be at ease.

In FIITJEE they offer max. scholarship upto 75% .. So if u get that u will pay 20k for an 80k course.But its very difficult to get that.
An average student gets 0 - 10 % discount.(150 Questions correct out of 400)
Good student can get upto 35% discount. (270 question out of 400 )
Brilliant ones get upto 75% (350+ questions correct)

These are stats told by my classmates who studied in FIITJEE for academic year ( 06 - 08 )
Can vary a little bit now.

gigyaster

Journeyman
From personal experience, let me tell you that going to coaching alone will hardly help. I got pwned for 2 years and my academic performance actually came down before I started recovering again a few months back just in time for my board exams.

Most of these guys will teach you starting from a level higher than school level, so you need to be comfortable with school portions already before starting coaching, otherwise you run serious risks of being pwned. Also be prepared to ditch gaming and digit forum. Without lots and lots of effort, IIT would probably be only visited by you for your master's degree.

Are you sure you can put in 2 years of genuine effort, with genuine interest ?

If yes, join any center and you should do fine. If no, forget IIT and concentrate on AIEEE.
Agree with all the points..thats wat I thought and m not in any coaching now....though m in 12th now.

And yes m concentrating on AIEEE (thats the answer to your question at last)

abhijangda

Padawan
Man there are soooo many IIT-JEE Coaching centres. But which one would be the best option.

I'm a 10th student, just (almost) finished with boards at the time of posting.
Hey friend please correct the spelling of FIIT-JEE in thread title, I know it can't be corrected but be carefull in future. I m in class XII just passed XI,studying in FIIT-JEE Punjabi Bagh, Delhi and to be frankly it's good. I will recommend fiit-jee if in delhi and that too punjabi bagh centre.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
well i was from maharashtra state board. joined fiitjee mumbai batch and got pawned big time. there were 2 selections out of 29 students(one of them was studying for jee from the 8th grade, and was with fiitjee simply because they offered him 100% scholarship, so credit shouldnt go to fiitjee for his selection). decided to take a break, and joined Vidyarthi Academy. A lot better than fiitjee, but still had to work mostly by myself. Finally ended up with a sub-5k rank in the second attempt. not worth anything except for some limited bragging rights!!!

but yes, fiitjee delhi should be way better than fiitjee mumbai. but please check for urself before u join, otherwise you are signing away 2 golden years of ur life.

and yes, for a state board student like me brilliant tutorial's modules were a godsend. they are simply condensed versions of the cbse textbooks but are a lot more simplified and help to cover chapters quickly. but i later moved on to arihant publications.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Also agree with what experno1 has posted. I also heard the same thing. Go to Kota only if ur have been a hardworking student over many years, and can resist temptation from infinite distractions. Hell, i have heard of people taking a break and staying in kota for an extra year just to continue their enjoyment!

Last edited:

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
This year 7-8 of its HOD left it.(This was on front page of TOI some 1.5 months back)
All of them have opened a new coaching in Kota.
This will affect the no. of students going to Bansal Classes this year as these HOD's were very popular among the students.

IITian

Broken In
Don't know much about FIIT-JEE delhi,but i've some great experiences with Brilliant tutorials(delhi).
I signed up for their open test and somehow managed to do well in it.
they sent their team of best teachers to my city just to teach 5 students who had above 98 percentile in that test(there is nothing they wont do to add a few selection to their results:p).those teachers were really good.their teaching style was very much concept oriented.in the end, that 54 hours long mini crash course proved to be very much useful for me.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
donno abt fiitjee

here in hyd for eamcet n iit...ppl go ga ga over naryana and chaitanya instituitions...study like hell...get tortured like hell

of course i m from narayana inst....i think its good only for state level entrance

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

Man, what about scholarship programmes.

If I get more than 90% in the X boards, do I get any "off" on these outrageous fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom